PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve/LVL X getting terrible efficiency

Tony Montana
01-31-2007, 03:45 PM
I have a brand new xvalve w/ lvl 10. Besides shooting it to tune it, I've played twice with it so far and notice that I get very few shots out of my crossfire 92/4500 preset to 800psi tank - also new. I mean, I can watch the needle go down as I'm shootin. Out of a full fill, I got 600, maybe 700 or so, shots off it. That's not normal is it? It also seems as if the velocity is lower than what it should be, even when turned nearly all the way up. Balls curve pretty bad too. Could it be that I need to break it in more, or there is a problem with the reg or could it be the tank? Thanks for any input, I greatly appreciate it.

Automagrt666
01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Well my only knowledge that could help you off the top of my head is if your paint is curving, check to make sure they fit your barrel properly and/or not old paint that has been sitting. I know with my mag I had balls curving and velocity fluctuations from 200-320 and realized it was the paint I was using. W/ a RT valve (same internals as x-valve) w/ a lvl 10 I get about 800 shots off my 72 3k tank. Make sure your gun/lines/tank isn't leaking. My mag had a really "spongy" trigger pull and I found out my tank reg was leaking (put it under water and watch for bubbles) and after I fixed it I had nice reactivity back in my RT. This is all best to my knowledge and I'm by all means no expert. I hope some of this helps some of your issues. Also, is your lvl 10 tuned properly? Sorry if this is of no help.

Nick

Tony Montana
02-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. The paint I was using was fairly new and fit fairly well, but I will try some fresher stuff and try to match up to my barrel better. Could you hear your reg leaking or did you have to submerge it in water to know? Also, how did you fix it? How reactive should the trigger be? Should it actually push your finger back, or not that much? As far as the lvl 10 goes, I'm pretty sure it's tuned right. By holding a squeegee in front of the bolt, it stops and then resets. Thanks again for you're help bro.

Automagrt666
02-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I had to put the reg under water to see the leaking (was quite a bit too, about 500psi every hour). The reactivity of the trigger won't be enough to make it bounce (unless your input pressure is like 900+) It should just give the trigger a nice snappy feel. once your marker is gassed, I've heard you can submerge the gun underwater as well and look for leaks. But I would think it would be a leak you could hear to be enough to really effect performance like that (maybe I don't know for sure). Hopefully some other more knowledgeable AOers could chime in? If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Nick

Edit: You're not using an inline regulator are you? Because that will starve the gun.

Tony Montana
02-02-2007, 08:42 AM
No inline reg. Do you know what the cause of it leaking out the side hole in the valve would be? If you are looking down the gun like you are gonna aim and shoot, it's the small hole on the left side of the valve on the front half. It's not terribly bad, but I can definitely hear it.

BigEvil
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
No inline reg. Do you know what the cause of it leaking out the side hole in the valve would be? If you are looking down the gun like you are gonna aim and shoot, it's the small hole on the left side of the valve on the front half. It's not terribly bad, but I can definitely hear it.

Sounds like the reg pin. Take it out and lube the hell out of it. Sometimes the seals just need to break in.

athomas
02-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I get about 1100 shots off my 88-3000 tank. Dry firing will definately use a lot more air than shooting balls. If the balls you are shooting are a bit tight in the barrel, it would take more air to shoot them at the desired velocity. If your velocity is higher than it should be, then it takes a lot more air.

A good cleaning will fix most small leaks.

shotbirdsfallin
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah, old balls are less efficient :/