01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
hahaha oh my goodness

calebh
01-31-2007, 07:35 PM
ya dude i saw that. i lol-ed.

Steelrat
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
This was my favorite part of the MSNBC article:

Two characters in the cartoon named Ignignokt and Err are "mooninites" — trouble-making characters that look like 1980s-era computer graphics. They are represented on the devices making a hand gesture they often use.

That gesture, of course, being "the finger." And sure enough, there is Err, on the front page of MSNBC, giving everyone the finger.

Classic.

CKY_Alliance
01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
hahah, o man just another reason to love ATHF

geekwarrior
01-31-2007, 08:30 PM
did you hear the mayor? what a tard.

skriptal
01-31-2007, 08:36 PM
"ITS NOT FUNNY"
The mayor sounded like one of those idiots thats gets all pissed off over nothing...oh wait he is...

Head knight of Ni
01-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Light Bright bombs, I love it! :rofl:

maxama10
01-31-2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.catastrophicerror.com/~endo/Ignignokt.png

It's a hoax _ and it's not funny," said Gov. Deval Patrick.

I was under the impression it was an advertisment. I also find it rather funny :cool:

An angry Mayor Thomas Menino said a stiff penalty will be pursued against whoever was responsible for the devices.
Absurd!

rkjunior303
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
There has already been an arrest.

This was a hue deal - it shut down a big part of the city's main highway, train line, etc.

p8ntbal4me
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Someone is going to pay dearly for this.

U know if they dont set an example early and make it costly in jail time or VERY expensive,.... then it will be a hard cases of copy cats to follow.

Besides all that,... marking up state property is a crime. God forbid if it was a federally funded highway,... can anyone say Federal Prision Time??

Guess they did this all over the country today in a few cities. My sister and brother had a nice 5 hour drive home instead of a 1 hour trip.

Someone will see a big fine or jail time,... they cant afford not to act on this one.

CKY_Alliance
01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Someone is going to pay dearly for this.

U know if they dont set an example early and make it costly in jail time or VERY expensive,.... then it will be a hard cases of copy cats to follow.

Besides all that,... marking up state property is a crime. God forbid if it was a federally funded highway,... can anyone say Federal Prision Time??

Guess they did this all over the country today in a few cities. My sister and brother had a nice 5 hour drive home instead of a 1 hour trip.

Someone will see a big fine or jail time,... they cant afford not to act on this one.

Did you read the article? It was done by cartoon networks parent company as advertisment..they can try and pursue it all they want..but they wont be able to stick charges on anyone..I could see a fine..but thats about it

p8ntbal4me
01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Did you read the article? It was done by cartoon networks parent company as advertisment..they can try and pursue it all they want..but they wont be able to stick charges on anyone..I could see a fine..but thats about it

I was just thinking on a larger level like the bill-boards.

Companies that want to use space to advertise along certain roadways must comply with alot of regulations.

From most of the sources that the city was tracking down,.. the media relations company tied to Turner Ent,.. or whomever allowed the media company to post advertisements on their behalf, never received permission in Boston to do such postsing for advertisements and never told anyone in anyway that the city would be seeing these devices around and that it was specifically for a media purpose.

Thats all I was saying. They never got a permit or permission to do this,... they just did it. Thats why I said that they would have to act against the postings. Only because if they didnt,.. it shows what simple tactics you can use against people to cause very big problems.

Thats all I was saying.

CKY_Alliance
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
true..but they have enough money to make it go away im sure.

maxama10
02-01-2007, 12:48 AM
and in all this they get more publicity than money could buy(whether it be negative or posative depends on your point of view).

NotKai
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
This is soooooooo ridiculous.

jenarelJAM
02-01-2007, 02:08 AM
and in all this they get more publicity than money could buy(whether it be negative or posative depends on your point of view).
I think you just hit the jackpot right there. Whoever sees this news article(probably 95%) will think the penalties are absurd, and possibly watch the show just to find out about it. Probably the fines associated with it will be less than the cost of equivalent advertising too. I think it's a great advertising tactic, very very smart.

trevorjk
02-01-2007, 02:41 AM
:rofl:

wow this is the best news story of the year :hail:

Turner said the devices have been in place for two to three weeks in 10 cities: Boston; New York; Los Angeles; Chicago; Atlanta; Seattle; Portland, Ore.; Austin, Texas; San Francisco; and Philadelphia.

HAHAHAHA!! and it just NOW caught everyones attention???? they'd all be dead by now if they were bombs... boston was just Ownt!

kosmo
02-01-2007, 02:50 AM
We must thank those good citizens who were smart enough to figure out that a light up sign is a "suspicious electronic device" that should be immediately reported to law enforcement. In fact, everyone should follow their example by reporting any roadside electronic device immediately to the authorities. Things like roadside electronic speedometers, electronic roadwork signs, red light traffic enforcement cameras, and police using radar detectors might in fact be terrorist plots to take over the world, and should be treated as such.

thecavemankevin
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM
never knew a light-bright could cause so much trouble. :clap:

billybob_81067
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Things like roadside electronic speedometers, electronic roadwork signs, red light traffic enforcement cameras, and police using radar detectors might in fact be terrorist plots to take over the world, and should be treated as such.

Actually I think you may be onto something here... IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!

geekwarrior
02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9s_fz0K2I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9s_fz0K2I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

two men arrested (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2007-02-01T181310Z_01_N31216023_RTRUKOC_0_US-SECURITY-BOSTON.xml&src=rss&rpc=22)

trevorjk
02-01-2007, 03:12 PM
"im sorry that question has nothing to do about hair"

"sorry that question doesnt either"

"that question has nothing to do about hair either"

hahaha... what a way to tell people there idiots :rofl:

Carbon
02-02-2007, 06:09 PM
all your light brights are belong to us!

skife
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
man...

those signs are going on ebay for like $700+

iambored
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
They don't even look like bombs, what's so suspicious? Are the lights going to be uber bright and wake people up in china? No, so this is a stupid situation...

calebh
02-02-2007, 10:24 PM
i saw one for $2000 lol. i love how the two guys answered their questions. a bunch of idiots deserve a bunch of idiotic answers.

RoadDawg
02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
The mooninites new phrase: "We will shut you and your third dimension down".

-THe MOON Rulz