PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE Front Grip Mounting Options

Badmovies.org
01-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Just received my new RT ULE (upgrading from a Lvl 10 upgraded automag I have been using for years). I had incorrectly assumed I could easily remove the stainless steel RT front grip bracket. Looking at it, this is not true. The rail does have a spot for a vertical adapter, but it is a single hole. The vertical mounting adapter that came with the marker has two holes. Looking through the AGD site, I cannot find anything that looks like it will work.

Is there any easy option available to mount the vertical adapter directly to the rail, without using the stainless RT bracket? I play woodsball most of the time, so I am looking for an all-black marker.

Joe McGuire
01-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Just received my new RT ULE (upgrading from a Lvl 10 upgraded automag I have been using for years). I had incorrectly assumed I could easily remove the stainless steel RT front grip bracket. Looking at it, this is not true. The rail does have a spot for a vertical adapter, but it is a single hole. The vertical mounting adapter that came with the marker has two holes. Looking through the AGD site, I cannot find anything that looks like it will work.

Is there any easy option available to mount the vertical adapter directly to the rail, without using the stainless RT bracket? I play woodsball most of the time, so I am looking for an all-black marker.

There are one hole asa's on AGDs website. If you take your body off you should see where the hole should be at the front of the rail. It is super easy to drill the hole yourself. Or there are people on this site that will do it for a nominal fee. I just converted mine to this setup.

Badmovies.org
01-31-2007, 08:30 PM
There are one hole asa's on AGDs website. If you take your body off you should see where the hole should be at the front of the rail. It is super easy to drill the hole yourself. Or there are people on this site that will do it for a nominal fee. I just converted mine to this setup.

Thank you for the answer. I just cannot find the single hole adapters, even using the search function. I will give them a call during their business hours. I can easily drill the hole and deburr it.

warbeak2099
01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
I can easily drill the hole and deburr it.

That would be your best bet if you feel comfortable doing it.

wjr
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
^ I agree.

And I went to badmovies.org.... that site is brilliant! It's good to know there are other connoisseurs of cheesy B movies out there.

Badmovies.org
02-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I contacted AGD today and spoke with tech support. The deal is this: to attach a vertical asa to a RT ULE rail, you must modify the rail by drilling two countersunk holes for the mounting screws. The only other option is to get a 68 classic vertical ASA, but it is made to fit over the automag rail and will not correctly fit on the RT's rail (what I had thought, since the marker I am replacing is an automag and it has the vertical asa, so I was able to inspect both closely).

Annoying. I asked the gentleman (Tim, I think) if they would be changing the milling of the present RT rail to fix this issue. Why have a nearly ready single hole, when there is no part you can actually use? Instead, why not make it so the rails are prepared for the available dual hole asa's? He said that he does not know of any plans to make such a change.

After talking to him about solutions and since I dislike the side holes on the RT rail anyway, I ordered a Tac-rail. It is already setup for the dual hole asa and the ULE mainbody fits it without a problem. In the near future, once I have the new RT ULE entirely ready for play, I will put my old automag (level 10, etc.) and the RT rail up in the classified section.

Thanks, wjr, it is amazing what the site grew from when I started in 1998. There are a lot of us, believe me. If you ever get the chance, feel free to stop in on the forum over there. We're always discussing something like "Chopping Mall" or "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster."

Zneaky
02-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh no. www.tunamart.com. Tuna makes an adapter that fills the gap in the original am/mm Vertical ASA. It cost about $7.

Z

Badmovies.org
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh no. www.tunamart.com. Tuna makes an adapter that fills the gap in the original am/mm Vertical ASA. It cost about $7.

Z

I had looked there and just did again, but I cannot find that adapter at all.

Zneaky
02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=24&p=453

Z

Badmovies.org
02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=24&p=453

Z

I had seen that, but the kit is $31.00, plus I dislike the 15 degree angle. In any case, I do like the Tac-rail a lot. I probably should have just gotten a Tac-One in the first place, but I didn't want to mount anything on it and cleaning paint out of the grooves seemed like it would annoy me.

Zneaky
02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
In order to just get the piece, you e-mail Tunaman and he will work something out with you.

The good thing is, you can list your RT Pro rail in the for sale section and get a large ammount of your money back. It is brand new right?

Z

Badmovies.org
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
In order to just get the piece, you e-mail Tunaman and he will work something out with you.

The good thing is, you can list your RT Pro rail in the for sale section and get a large ammount of your money back. It is brand new right?

Z

Sure is, the only thing I have done since receiving the RT ULE is disassemble the marker.

Nick E
02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, if you don't need to use it to hold pressure, you can do what I did, punch out the hole for the foregrip(mine wasn't done all the way) then drill a hole in the vert ASA, dead center. Then tap it for the size screw you want to use...works fine, but it can be untwisted be accident...not terribly common though, and you can just retwist it on to secure it..