PDA

View Full Version : Another Shipping to Canada Question

Cathetus
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Without getting into details, Januaruy 4th, I recieved payment for a paintball marker and airtank, and I sent it out late, on the 13th. I know it was the 13th as it was a saturday.
I sent out two boxes that day, the other was a sterling for a guy in Norcal, and he got his box. I know this because he's filed a paypal claim that he wants $20 to replace some orings in it. So he got his.

The box I'm worried about weighed just a little 4lbs, and was sent to Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada. I filled out a customs form, but was not given a receipt. The entire ordeal cost me $60 and I really should have purchased a tracking number, but I didn't have anymore money on me, and was without my debit card. It was sent from a Postal Annex, and their prices really suck.
The receipt i WAS given, only listed that I had bought something from them, and how much it cost. It didn't have ANY numbers on it that were of any note, postal tracking hoobajooba, etc etc. I tossed it a few days later.

What course of action do you think i should take?

I've already made sure the seller knows I'm genuine about this, I've called the Postal Annex where I sent ti, and they dont have the customs form, it goes tot he Post Office, my next step is finding out what post office it goes to to try and find out what's going on with it.

I paid for ground shipping on the 13th' on January, and I let the guy on the phone know that. He spent a good ten minutes on the phone with me, trying to help. He ran me through the usual ' customs may hold it for a while, etc etc', but it's Feb 1st, and I hate that the buyer didn't get what he wanted. That's unacceptable.

Short of refunding the guy's money, I'm doing everything I can to make sure he gets his box.

If I left out any info on this, please bring it up, i'm just frantic and this is my first time shipping to Anywhere outside of the country.

If anyone has any info on shipping via the post office ( I'm looking at a certain Metal rodent) PLEASE post.

smilestyler
02-01-2007, 05:04 PM
It's probably sitting at the border waiting to clear customs. Nothing to get too excited about yet. What did you put down for item description?

Cathetus
02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Used Sporting equipment

smilestyler
02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
It probably is getting opened. Random check sort of thing. It adds a few days, but it'll show next week some time. Too early to worry about it.