PDA

View Full Version : acccuracy vs reg.

nathanjones008
02-01-2007, 04:23 PM
a question about accuracy. i know to have a accurate gun is the paint/ barrel match. I agree 100% with everyone. the question i have is does accuracy on a gun also depend on the reg( shoot down and pressure consistency?) thanks

LegumeOfTerror
02-01-2007, 05:02 PM
yes, consistant pressure will yeild consistant shots.

Pneumagger
02-01-2007, 05:09 PM
a question about accuracy. i know to have a accurate gun is the paint/ barrel match. I agree 100% with everyone. the question i have is does accuracy on a gun also depend on the reg( shoot down and pressure consistency?) thanks

If you define accuracy as consistancy... then yes reg matters. No paintball gun is accurate as to where you point the thing. Most nice guns are just consistent enough to the piont that you can apply a trajectory based on previous shots that will yield a hit. the more consistent your sample set of shots to observe :: the more accurate your trajectory.

Although consistency is moreso a component of percision than accurracy.

--------------
The abridged answer: Yes

geekwarrior
02-01-2007, 05:10 PM
will this be on the next test?

nathanjones008
02-01-2007, 05:33 PM
question is the x-vlave a better than the stock ion reg? becasue the ion reg inst max-flo, which is a well respected reg.

Pneumagger
02-01-2007, 06:11 PM
question is the x-vlave a better than the stock ion reg? becasue the ion reg inst max-flo, which is a well respected reg.
The ION reg reg is not a Max Flo.

A true Max Flo reg has historically used the floating poppet type system. This is the reg that built the reputation of "Max-Flo" regs. This design scope was used in their Vert regs, bttom manifold regs, SFT regs, and mini-flo LPRs.

The ION stock reg uses a base sealing regulator. These tyoes of regs are used due to fewer seals and moving parts (cheaper) and typically can perform better. As well as the ION - thier new NXT regs and the Micro Max-Flo preset bottle regs are all of this type. Totally different. All they share is the name.

-----------------------------------

If I had to clasify the Xvalves reg I'd say it's a more pf floating Poppet type...

Seeing as how mags go as high as 26bps without bad starvation while only getting the amount of time equal to bolt rest to recharge... They are pretty awesome. Remember... the xvalve recharges aruably the fastest gun valve only while the bolt is back and on/off open - as oppesed to poppet gun's 100% reecharge availability.

My Vote = Xvalve