PDA

View Full Version : Pnuemag help-quick!

Big Boy
02-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Alright, so I recently out together a pnue-mag. Had it working all nicely and what not, and decided to sell it. When test firing it before sending it out, everything goes all haywire... I'm trying as hard as I can to fix the problem as fast as I can, I feel really bad for keeping the buyer waiting.

I tried adjusting the LPR, and I tried adjusting the velocity, but it wont fire. The ram cycles, and you can see the sear move, but nothing. Even tried tripping the sear manually, and still nothing. I'm guessing the problem lays somewhere in the valve.

I'd really appreciate any help!

reckid1986
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
check the on/off see if its moving freely and oil it. make sure the sear travels far enough to trip the sear. probably the on/ off though

Pneumagger
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
ULT, non ULT? Oil the crap out of it, as well as the bolt tube oring.

If you have a sear stop, loosen it a bit.

Big Boy
02-02-2007, 11:31 PM
No sear stop. No ULT. I had planned on trying to oil everything, just haven't had a chance to yet. Work and College will kill a kid quick.

Thanks for the help so far, I'll try to oil it up really well tomorrow when I finally have a break from life.

Big Boy
02-03-2007, 11:01 AM
So I oiled the crap out of the valve, and bolt...but still nothing.

I can see the ram barely moving the sear...so that may be the problem. The sear just isn't moving far enough. I turned the LPR as high as it would go and it didn't move it any further. I couldn't trip it manually earthier. So is it something with the On/off? I honestly have no idea how the on/off works or how to fix it if it is a problem.

I've only owned two mags with x-valves. Just done a lot of cocker stuff and I like to tinker so I thought this would be a fun project, now it's coming back to bite me in the but. (BTW this is not actually a X-valve, it's the E-max valve, the proto type for the x-valve if that makes any difference.

Pneumagger
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
check for pinched hoses that may have collapsed in turns.

The mag vave should be fine. Just make sure the Sear isn't touching hte MPA-3 when not firing.

stonersr26
02-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Just to clear it up. Was it working and then stopped? Or was it working, then you took it apart, put it back together and then it didn't work? I ask because if when you put it back together you over tightened the frame screw and the field strip screw it will do what you are describing. Just checking.

Big Boy
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Checked the hoses, nothing really pinched as far as I can tell. The sear does rest right against the mpa-3 when not firing...I don't see why that would be a problem, but I don't know much about it...

With out the valve in, I can see that the sear just barely wont go down enough for the bolt to move past it. It looks like the back of the sear should easily be able to come through the whole in the body where the on/off would be, but it doesn't. ...I don't know, the thing just wont move far enough.

Carbon Blue
02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
hmmm id say pull the on/off assembly out and seriously oil it up like crazy and do the same to the on/off assembly (brass piece that you pull out) make sure the on/off pin is able to move up and down throughout the assembly. Mabey the piston of the mpa 3 isnt tripping/pushing the sear enough to engage a cycle from the valve? Add oil to the mpa3 from the top of the frame where that small pin hole is. Add some oil to the macro fitting attached to the emax valve and add some soil down the powertube tip.

Big Boy
02-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Oiled the crap out of everything. As far as I can tell, the sear isn't traveling far enough... Need some help, reaching the end of my rope...

captian pinky
02-03-2007, 06:22 PM
take the valve out look at the on/off pin see if there is any thing in it that shouldnt be then u need to move the mpa3 so that when it is aired up the sear doesnt hit it if so it will cause problems then after doing this try to turn the lpr from 0 upfiring the whole time until disred pressure

Carbon Blue
02-03-2007, 06:23 PM
im not sure if this is even possible on an am/mm rail (let alone an rtp rail)but the sear isnt installed backwards is it?? :tard:

Big Boy
02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Nope. (and no it's not possible...unless your just absolutely crazy.)

Carbon Blue
02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
hmmmm i would seriously think it has something to do with that on/off assembly, try cranking the velocity all the way up, or try using the original field strip screw and see if that does anything, mags are just weird like that.

Big Boy
02-03-2007, 08:34 PM
tried both of those, and nothing. If this would help diagnose anything, the on off sticks out sometimes not allowing the valve to come out of the body like it is supposed to. It happens every once and a while and I have to take the body off.

Big Boy
02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
OK, it's for sure a problem with the sear, or on off. The sear simply wont go low enough to let the bolt go forward. I put the valve on the rail without the body so I could get a look at everything and that is it. The sear just barely wont release the bolt. I really gotta get this thing shipped, any ideas? :confused:

blinky1041
02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Check to see if there is anything hindering the movement of the sear in the rail or frame.

steiner79
03-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Your Sear Is Probly Hitting Your Actuator Not Allowing Full Movment Position The Actuator Down Futher In The Frame
I Had The Same Problem When I Started My Pnuemag

RRfireblade
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Try replacing the bottom o rings in the on off.