PDA

View Full Version : A quick question...

DSR75
02-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Let's say you lived outside of the US and you bought something from someone in the US (under $100). That person expressed an uneasiness shipping outside of the US but you reassured them there wasn't a problem. You pay them for the item via paypal. The seller tells you that it's going to take several weeks according to the post office.

Now it's taken a while but you decide that the seller should pay you 50% of the selling price b/c the item hasn't arrived yet. It could be lost, stuck at customs, who knows. The seller refuses so you decide to pursue a paypal claim.

During this time, the buyer buys over $150 more worth of goods from the seller but has them sent to a location in the US and they arrive very quickly.

Here's my question,

As the seller would you be willing to pay back 50%?
As the buyer would you accept the loss as a loss since the seller expressed concerns over shipping out of the US?
How do I know he hasn't received it and that he isn't trying to get money out of me after the fact?

This isn't another I got ripped off thread. I sold some items and now the buyer is claiming they didn't arrive. He never asked for insurance and I was told by the PO that I could NOT have delivery conformation since it was going out of the US. He has now decided to have a claim against me via paypal. What suggestions do yall have? If you look, I have great feedback here, I have 100%+ feedback on ebay and I have great feedback on specops. Never once has something like this happened. Figures it would be when I ship out of the US.

geekwarrior
02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
no del confirmation, but isnt there a custums nunmber on the reciept?

DSR75
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll have to check and see but I don't remember getting one. All I was told to do was fill out the form (and basically lie about its contents) and they stuck it on the box.

Lohman446
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I have covered one item lost in the mail as a good will gesture - I should have shipped better :). That being said, most sellers figure there responsibility ends at shipping, if the buyer takes insurance, then more power to them.

I don't ship anything I can't afford to fully replace without insurance, the $5 on something I do for a hobby is not worth problems :)

DSR75
02-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that in the future. He said he wanted the cheap shipping so that's what I used. This is the first time I've ever had any type of problem. Lohman knows I paid asap. Others on here I've dealt with have always given me an A+. I guess I'm more worried about my rep than I am the $.

Lohman446
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that in the future. He said he wanted the cheap shipping so that's what I used. This is the first time I've ever had any type of problem. Lohman knows I paid asap. Others on here I've dealt with have always given me an A+. I guess I'm more worried about my rep than I am the $.

He specifically asked for the cheapest possible shipping? Tell him he's responsible for it.

And yeh, I've always had great dealings with you