PDA

View Full Version : DXS Pulse and Mag

ricwhic414
02-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone has put a pulse on a emag or xmag. What I'm really asking is if someone has put a transmitter in a emag or xmag if so how hard is it to do.

Thanna
02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, If i could only find the molex connector I would... I was planning to hook it up to the intellifeed socket for the warp. Not sure if I want to permanently solder it on to the board.

warbeak2099
02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
You'd just have to solder it in between the noid and the board. q3

spectre184
02-03-2007, 09:22 AM
You'd just have to solder it in between the noid and the board. q3

I dont have an e-mag and was going off of this post about e-mag's using 18v (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22881&highlight=18v) . Before doing that you may want to check the operating voltage of the RF chip to make sure you don't destroy it by hooking up 18v to it.

Or does anyone know operating voltage of the rf chip?

Outlaw5
02-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Good day all! I have placed the RF chip in my X-MAG. I cut the wires to the soleniod in the middle and resoldered the wires and the RF chip together. I placed electrical tape around the resoldered connection and placed the RF chip in the base of the grip on the board side just above the LCD (LED??) screen. It fits tight but still fits. My X-MAG with the X-MOD software will out shoot anything at my field.....DM7, EGO 06 and 07, Proto Rail....the list goes on. I'll try to get picts if people really need them so let me know. V/R Jerry "Outlaw5" Perkins

Pneumagger
02-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Good day all! I have placed the RF chip in my X-MAG. I cut the wires to the soleniod in the middle and resoldered the wires and the RF chip together. I placed electrical tape around the resoldered connection and placed the RF chip in the base of the grip on the board side just above the LCD (LED??) screen. It fits tight but still fits. My X-MAG with the X-MOD software will out shoot anything at my field.....DM7, EGO 06 and 07, Proto Rail....the list goes on. I'll try to get picts if people really need them so let me know. V/R Jerry "Outlaw5" Perkins

ORLY... :eek: what's ur max rate of fire?

d4m4don3
02-03-2007, 06:31 PM
You guys think a 9 volt and a switch hooked up to the rf transmitter will work for the RT mech mags?

FA22RaptorF22
02-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, If i could only find the molex connector I would... I was planning to hook it up to the intellifeed socket for the warp. Not sure if I want to permanently solder it on to the board.

Did just that. Works like a charm.

And above:

9v may be too much. You would want to wire a 6volt battery inline to a switch in the intelliframe for a mech mag. Instruction can be given to you guys if you need them.

d4m4don3
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Did just that. Works like a charm.

And above:

9v may be too much. You would want to wire a 6volt battery inline to a switch in the intelliframe for a mech mag. Instruction can be given to you guys if you need them.

I don't have an emag but I seem to remember someone mentioning that the Solenoid on an Emag ran on 18V.Wouldn't a 9v be ok then since people have already hooked it up to the emag solenoid?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=194381&postcount=19

__Phoenix__
02-03-2007, 06:51 PM

I'd like some factual data to back up your claims of out shooting those other markers.

Outlaw5
02-05-2007, 12:11 PM
To ensure a flame war starts all I can say is standing next to others with these markers on the same ROF setting it seems that my marker is either shooting faster than my ROF setting or theirs is shooting slower. I don't have video or sound on this so take it as you want. It is what I have seen and heard in my experiences.......flame all you want....I'm good with that...."Outlaw5"

__Phoenix__
02-05-2007, 01:08 PM
To ensure a flame war starts all I can say is standing next to others with these markers on the same ROF setting it seems that my marker is either shooting faster than my ROF setting or theirs is shooting slower. I don't have video or sound on this so take it as you want. It is what I have seen and heard in my experiences.......flame all you want....I'm good with that...."Outlaw5"

The emag isn't capable of staying on par with other on market electro's past 24cps in E mode.

Below 20,unless you're pulling the trigger at a higher rate than the other markers, you're still wrong.

I like that you consider me caling you out on false claims 'flaming' you.

StygShore
02-05-2007, 01:38 PM
another thread guys... this is about the Pulse, and personally, I dont care about your "my manhod is bigger then your manhood" argument :)

Do you have some pics of how you connected the pulse to the mag? Botht he Emag and the Mechanincal mag version would be very helpful for alot of people here.

Styg

d4m4don3
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
:clap:

Stygie's right.

I'd like to see how this is setup on a mech. I figure a battery, switch and rf module. I'm assuming this is wired in series right?

rmg
02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
For a mech mag, I don't think I would bother with the chip. Just turn it on to the "red" mode.
I tried it on mine, I had my boy shooting it after I installed an X-valve, and the revy wasn't keeping it fed, so we put the pulse on it. Worked good. :D

d4m4don3
02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
For a mech mag, I don't think I would bother with the chip. Just turn it on to the "red" mode.
I tried it on mine, I had my boy shooting it after I installed an X-valve, and the revy wasn't keeping it fed, so we put the pulse on it. Worked good. :D

Yes but battery consumption in red mode is incredibly inefficient. Setting it up with an RF transmitter would improve the battery life of the pulse loader.

Pneumagger
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
:clap:

Stygie's right.

I'd like to see how this is setup on a mech. I figure a battery, switch and rf module. I'm assuming this is wired in series right?

why do you need one on any mech mag? Seriously, the loader is easily feeding 20+ bps and it's force feed out the gate. You'll never come close to that shooting mech semi.

Seems like a waste of a battery to me.

d4m4don3
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
why do you need one on any mech mag? Seriously, the loader is easily feeding 20+ bps and it's force feed out the gate. You'll never come close to that shooting mech semi.

Sometimes people wanna tinker. :D

Besides the pulse battery will last longer if its run in Green mode.

I couldn't care less about the firing rate. I'm concerned about not having to go thru the batteries the pulse loader itself will eat if left on red mode for a considerable amount of time.

So I guess I'll experiment?

RobAGD
02-06-2007, 02:28 AM
OK,

I would not hook that transmitter to the noid wires, 18v is beyond the rating voltage of the transmitter.

Get a Warm link cable, use that molex connector and solder the ends to the RF chip and plug it into the warp link connector. That will send a +5v sig to the chip and you shoudl be ok. The power pulse shoudl be long enough for proper activation.

-Robert

bryceeden
02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
The emag isn't capable of staying on par with other on market electro's past 24cps in E mode.

Below 20,unless you're pulling the trigger at a higher rate than the other markers, you're still wrong.

I like that you consider me caling you out on false claims 'flaming' you.

Have you ever used an X-mod'd E-mag? They more than keep up with anything and everything out there. Max rate of fire is 31bps which there is no legal way in any circut to shoot that fast so yes, it does "stay on par"

But back to the subject 18v seems alittle high but if it doesn't burn it out and it works OK then I guess go with it.

Pneumagger
02-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Have you ever used an X-mod'd E-mag? They more than keep up with anything and everything out there. Max rate of fire is 31bps which there is no legal way in any circut to shoot that fast so yes, it does "stay on par"

But back to the subject 18v seems alittle high but if it doesn't burn it out and it works OK then I guess go with it.

I had an xmodded emag.. and never got to dryfire past mid twenties... Plus, once you get that high, the noid messes with the hall sensor and the "fix" can cripple any hopes of upper twenties shooting, let alone 30+.

Until you show a vid of Xmod ripping 30+, it won't be the fastest.

Rudz
02-07-2007, 12:29 AM
joe you know its not worth arguing, mod squads back so behave..

behemoth
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM

Somebody Call Zak Vetter.

Scuba + Intelifeed RF chip'd Pulse?

Whaaaat?

ricwhic414
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Has anyone for sure figured out if this is ok. Because if I'm going to do this I have to act now because of the whole no more pulse thing.

__Phoenix__
02-09-2007, 06:34 PM

The Solenoid wont let it shoot apst around 22bps, it restricts it.
So you're still incorrect.

Masta G
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
what do u mean the solenoid limits it? :confused:

doesnt the xmod remove previous limits set by AGD...or am i confused with the board :tard:

RavishingEddie
02-14-2007, 11:07 AM
The Emag can theoretically shoot 30 bps, but it will run into many problems at that high of rate. Like Pneumagger said, Fix will be an issue but also the solenoid will begin to overheat. Heat is bad for electronics. I have my Emag at 15 bps and I can honestly say that is plenty enough for me. Anything above twenty is not worth arguing about because fingers cannot pull that fast and unless you are rich wasting 20+ ball per second hurts the wallet ;)

AlphaPaintballRef2
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
what do u mean the solenoid limits it? :confused:

doesnt the xmod remove previous limits set by AGD...or am i confused with the board :tard:

Its not the software, its the mechanical limits of the noid.

So, basically just get a molex connector off of something (like a dead excal noid...), solder it to the chip lead, and plug it into the warp feed port. Sounds easy enough...I might have to get a pulse to try this :ninja: