PDA

View Full Version : $300.00

Ninjeff
02-03-2007, 03:21 AM
OK, here is the deal: Ive am the proud owner of an Automag Classic, pretty much bone stock. Just a ACI drop forward and Exp chamber. Im recently getting back into the game after a 5 year absence, and when i was playing tourney ball back in the day, the automag was my dream marker. Imagine my delight when i found one for $100.00! Anyhow, im done with teh speedball tourney scene. for reasons im sure alot are familier with. Anyhow, scenario ball is the thing for me now. I loved it back then, and am anxious to be able to do that once again. So my question to you guys (and gals!) is:
I have $300.00 im planning on spending on my marker. What should i get? Opinions? Ideas? Links?
I do want a stock, but my main concern is intelliframe. So, thats $115 done for. what should i do with the other $185.00 bones? I want it to be comfy, effective, and simple. Im not concerned with throwing cases of paint at bunkers. I just need something interesting. Im sticking with CO2 for now, but will be going HPA later on, so dont worry about including that in the equation. Also, im planning on installinga lv10 bolt soon, so that doesnt figure in either.

Im new to mags, and am still learning, so if you could post links to the things you recommend that would be super uber helpful.

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

trevorjk
02-03-2007, 03:35 AM
first off... post a pic.

i am assuming its a classic valve mag with a powerfeed body?

eitherway, the biggest upgrade is going to be an xvalve. if you look in the Buy Sell Trade forums here on Automags.org you can usually find Xvalves WITH Level 10 already installed for 150-175ish. sometimes you can get lucky and have the ULT trigger installed as well.

that right there is the BIGGEST and ONLY real standard upgrade there is besides a trigger frame.

also, you said you will be getting the Intelliframe. if you want it new, expect to pay the price you said. otherwise on the BST (buy sell trade) threads you can usually pic up double trigger frames (Dye, Benchmark, RPG, Logic, Intelli - theres probably more) for easily around $50.

infact, $20 for a brand new Powerlyte frame here (http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/product-3648/power-lyte-powerlyte-grip-styx-frame.html?zenid=3ebb3c6f805cd0b18350ab390c6ce1b6)

so a smart shopper could easily turn $200 into an xvalve with level 10 installed with a chance of the ULT and a nice double trigger frame.

that would leave another $100 out of the 300... with that you could pick up a super light ULE main body. and then pick up an autococker threaded barrel in the BST as well

just a note though... if you get an xvalve you MUST use compressed air and NOT co2

so essentially you have just turned a classic mag into a super nice lightweight high end mag.

phizz
02-03-2007, 03:52 AM
if you want to continue to use CO2 you can only use the classic valve. I would suggest a ULE body, nice to have the cocker threading, and other then the lvl 10 which you already mentioned I think you are good to go.

Jaan
02-03-2007, 03:58 AM
For around $300 you should be able to get a complete X-Valve/ULE/Level 10/Intelliframe gun. If you sold your current classic for the same price you paid, $100 (which is a fair price) I'm sure you could get a very nice complete modern 'Mag for the $400 you have in hand. That's what I would do personally, and you're talking to a guy with 2 classic 'Mags.

The only downside to this is that with an X-valve you have to run HPA. CO2 is out.

Take a look at the Tac-1's, those just scream scenarios.

trevorjk
02-03-2007, 04:46 AM
im bored...

but here, if your looking to buy BRAND NEW and stay super cheap here is a Dye Ultralight Twistlock barrel for $6 (at least thats what i think AGD threaded is....) link here (http://www.anythingxtreme.com/DYE-Ultralite-Barrels---Discontinued-Polished-Sale-P13098C4448.aspx)

Pneumagger
02-03-2007, 04:53 AM
trevjork speaks the truth!
#1) Sell your classic valve, frame, and body for around $75+ total. This gives you $375 total (see what I did there?)

#2) decide for performance or ergonomics

If you want to strech your dollar and incrase your Performance:
RetroValve - $130ish
LCE Spydermag Frame + ULT - $200
Intelliframe + pneumatics - $200 (bst) or $125 (diy)
Spend the rest on a nice barrel or loader
(You'll need a HPA tank)

If you want maximize sweetness:
Xvalve (level 10 + ULT) - $175-$190
Used ULE body - $90
Used Iframe - $75 <-----I'll sell you my lnib I-frame ;)
Spend the rest on a nice one piece barrel.
(you'll need HPA)

Pneumagger
02-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Sell classic Automag for $100
Take $400 and click here ---> http://www.themagsmith.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=47

It has all ULE parts, ULT, and everything. You'll need a basic cocker barrel and a cheap HPA to get you started.
AGG's dislike 48/3000 tanks, get'em on the cheap @ PBN

Toll
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
You may want to look into a pnuemag. There are tons of posts about them and they are really, really neat. Very short trigger pulls, very fast firing and pure mech.

Outside of that you could look for older emag valves (xvalve,but cheaper) as well as RT valves (x valve but cheaper). The downside of them is the fact they are made of stainless steel which is a wee bit heavy.

Ninjeff
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
"infact, $20 for a brand new Powerlyte frame here "

Thats what i was looking for! Interesting. How good are these compared to intelliframes? are they recommended? If so, im buying one.

d4m4don3
02-03-2007, 05:50 PM
If you don't intend to get a ULE body and run co2, then I would suggest in getting a remote coil, expansion changer(or a stabilizer reg), and a pack that can carry your tank. To try and prevent the valve from freezing.

:cheers:

Ninjeff
02-04-2007, 03:36 AM
Done and done.

I have the exp chamber on it already, and am ordering a remote system this week. It'll go on my vest nicely. PLus i wont have to lug it (the tank) around all day during 24hr games.

nate2k191
02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
mind you, those 20$ frames are for RT's, however, all that means is that you need to make/buy a circular spacer to go in the back screw slot. this is because RT's have a different thumb screw then AM/MM's

don miguel
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
OK, here is the deal: Ive am the proud owner of an Automag Classic, pretty much bone stock. Just a ACI drop forward and Exp chamber. Im recently getting back into the game after a 5 year absence, and when i was playing tourney ball back in the day, the automag was my dream marker. Imagine my delight when i found one for $100.00! Anyhow, im done with teh speedball tourney scene. for reasons im sure alot are familier with. Anyhow, scenario ball is the thing for me now. I loved it back then, and am anxious to be able to do that once again. So my question to you guys (and gals!) is:
I have $300.00 im planning on spending on my marker. What should i get? Opinions? Ideas? Links?
I do want a stock, but my main concern is intelliframe. So, thats $115 done for. what should i do with the other $185.00 bones? I want it to be comfy, effective, and simple. Im not concerned with throwing cases of paint at bunkers. I just need something interesting. Im sticking with CO2 for now, but will be going HPA later on, so dont worry about including that in the equation. Also, im planning on installinga lv10 bolt soon, so that doesnt figure in either.

Im new to mags, and am still learning, so if you could post links to the things you recommend that would be super uber helpful.

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

I just spent 300$ on a new 2k5 timmy w/ infamous board! you could get a good used gun for that price.

paintballfiend
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I just spent 300$ on a new 2k5 timmy w/ infamous board! you could get a good used gun for that price.
A new Timmy for $300. :confused:
Where at?

Arstron
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Where at?

Brand new

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209822

:rofl: :rofl:

mag_lover05
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Brand new

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209822

:rofl: :rofl:

thats an 02 timmy with a 2k5 frame. as in a 2k5'ED timmy not a 2k5 timmy.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

don miguel
02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Where at?
It was an older thread:
2k5ed timmy, viking, classic mag (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209822&highlight=2k5+timmy)

I BOUGHT THE TIMMY!!! :D :D

grEnAlEins
02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
:spit_take Oh boy...

Anywho, get a ULE body, a frame, and a Level 10 and you will be sittin purdy :cool:

warbeak2099
02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
It was an older thread:
2k5ed timmy, viking, classic mag (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209822&highlight=2k5+timmy)

I BOUGHT THE TIMMY!!! :D :D

Yes that's wonderful, they just wanted to let you know that it's an older 2k2 Timmy with a 2k5 frame on it, not a new 2k5 timmy.

Ninjeff
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
LOL. I thought this thread died.

Anyway, this is how ive spent my money:
Minimag body (used) -35
Shocktech gas through grip -25
Intelleframe-80
Warpfeed w/revy (slightly used)-75
Psycho Ballistics adj. drop forward-30
JJ ceramic barrel-30

and im sitting pretty at about 275. Still a few bucks to go. :) :headbang: