PDA

View Full Version : Video of kid throwing paint at a tournament.

neppo1345
02-03-2007, 10:51 PM
We had a mini AO-OH day today, and some of the guys asked me to post up this video (I was telling them about it).

This was at a tournament in January, at Crazy Daves in Volant PA.

:Kid: This next game; Im going out, dropping my gun and throwing paint.

:Me: Runs to get camera.

Enjoy.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/neppo1345/th_DSCF0043.jpg (http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/neppo1345/?action=view&current=DSCF0043.flv)

RobOpel
02-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Awesome stuff.

Reminds me of a couple months back when my brother, a friend and I went to play.

At one point, my friend ran completely out of air (he was using my old beater cocker) and

proceded to throw paint, talk crap, and managed to hold down the left side quite handily.

Dread Pirate Davey
02-03-2007, 11:29 PM
lol that's awsome

Jackel411
02-04-2007, 01:38 AM
One of my buddies at work has been chroned at 250 FPS throwing paint.. he has a hell of an arm. At one event he was playing he used it fully to his advantage as his gun went down and he went to the old throw and go mode. hehe..

Ironically if I was the reff at that tourny in the vid I would of pulled the kid the minute he dropped his gun as its a major part of his equipment that technically you cant leave behind in most tourny rules

Big Boy
02-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Ironically if I was the reff at that tourny in the vid I would of pulled the kid the minute he dropped his gun as its a major part of his equipment that technically you cant leave behind in most tourny rules
Yep, it is against tourney rules (actual ones) to leave stuff like that. Even your pod harness. Some tourneys even go to the extent of counting dropped pods getting hit. if they are within a certain distance of you.

PumpMag
02-04-2007, 03:00 AM
In 2005, a teammate's gun went down at a 3 man pump tourney.

My other teammate and I almost played with 1 guy short.

The chrono was too high, so the ref gave him the option to play without a gun.

So he did. We won that game! :headbang:

Eddie played center, drew fire and told me when to move.

Because he didn't just give up and sit out, his communication allowed me to sweep the right side and take out our opponents with my PumpMag. :shooting:

To this day, it's one of the best paintball stories we often tell. :hail:

phizz
02-04-2007, 03:35 AM
wow he really was literally "throwing paint" crazy :eek:

robnix
02-04-2007, 03:56 AM
wow he really was literally "throwing paint" crazy :eek:

Playing woodsball had a buddy that ran out of paint. He moved up purely by dry firing, he pulled a few of the other team in his direction, which let us flank and get to the side of them and take them out before he was hit. When we gave him his props, his response was classic: "Thanks, but I only ran out of paint."

Masta G
02-04-2007, 03:57 AM
if he hadn't have left his gun behind, would it have been legal?...like NPPL legal?

StygShore
02-04-2007, 05:24 AM
Never saw someone successfuly throw paint - pick up a bounced ball and shott it back at somoene - yes, I have seen that a few times.

Closest I can come is a friend carried a slingshot with him, ran out of air in a run up on a large entrenched bunker in a woodsball game. He swung his autococker down to his side ( used a sling ) and actually bunkerred a guy with the slingshot.

Styg

Lohman446
02-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Yep, it is against tourney rules (actual ones) to leave stuff like that. Even your pod harness. Some tourneys even go to the extent of counting dropped pods getting hit. if they are within a certain distance of you.

An EMPTY dropped pod is always leavable, and does not count as a hit. I have been at one tournament where if there was anything in the pod it was not expendable.

mclaggan123
02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
ive played whole games with a slingshot. man do people get mad when you shoot them across the field with a slingshot.

Rudz
02-04-2007, 10:05 AM
at ao socal we watched some rec kids with rental playing, one kid runs out of c02, so we told him to take the paint out and throw it..so he gets a handfull and styarts chucking paint..lol..we couldnt stop laughing..i think he ended up getting bunkered, then the of the last 2 players, only one had a gun, so he was chasing the other, while the guy he was chasing kept tryin to throw paint at him..lol

paint magnet
02-04-2007, 11:37 AM
ive played whole games with a slingshot. man do people get mad when you shoot them across the field with a slingshot.

Ever shot it over the chrono? It would be interesting in scenarios...

UTDragun
02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
CFOA last year at china grove beginner's semi-finals, guy comes down and bunkers a kid while carrying his gun, by throwing paint and it breaks, player thinks hes out so he stands up, ref comes in to wipe him off (apparently it doesnt count) but while hes cleaning him, another player from the team with the kid that bunkered hangs the flag, ref yells clean and he lights up the flag carrier.

wjr
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM

That's cause they shoot way past 300 FPS. It makes sense seeing as how they're meant to be used for hunting.

I would at least assume so seeing as how you can buy metal slugs meant to be shot out of them.

Lohman446
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
CFOA last year at china grove beginner's semi-finals, guy comes down and bunkers a kid while carrying his gun, by throwing paint and it breaks, player thinks hes out so he stands up, ref comes in to wipe him off (apparently it doesnt count) but while hes cleaning him, another player from the team with the kid that bunkered hangs the flag, ref yells clean and he lights up the flag carrier.

The rules pretty clearly state, at least in series with well defined rules (NPPL, PSP, CFOA) that paint must be fired from a marker.