PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the FS-8?

BigEvil
02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
I was just checking out the ICD site and the FS-8. Looks like a real nice little marker. Anyone use them or have any thoughts about them?

ojhspyro89
02-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I shot an fs7 for a season, everybody thinks ICD only makes crud... well they are little aggtastic mommys boys.

Anyhow, freestyles in general are amazing machines. I owned a Generation 2 before my Fs7, and had zero complaints. My FS7 had zero kick, and was nice and small.

The air effeciency on the FS8 is alot better than the 7s with the new slider bolt.

If your looking to get one... I would. Plus, ICD's customer service is nice, the warrenty work is really really nice.

StygShore
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
When the Freestyle first came out, someone had done up a really nice video of how it worked and assembly/dis-assembly.

Is there anything out there for the FS8? I had heard rumor they were kinda like a balanced valve E-pneumatic Mag, but I never saw the resemblance.

Styg

ojhspyro89
02-05-2007, 02:05 PM
The only resemblence to the Automag is the blowforward system. I dont know what you mean by balanced, but instead of a sear and a spring, the bolt is returned with air from an HP solenoid (200+ I beleive) and is held back by that air. The fs7 had the beefier higher pressure solenoids, I think the FS8s have them too.

The newest freestyles are all easy to take apart. You need zero tools to get into the bolt system. Just drop the pull pin out, and pull the bolt right out of the back of the gun. Then you can just unscrew everything by hand to lube and such. Its a really nice system.

peewee
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Great marker & company. The FS7 is right there along side. Very consistant & simple to clean / maintain. Two of my team mates ( back players) use them. I have owned six different ICD markers without issue. Right now I run a Lasoya Promaster that has been very good for me. I have always had great customer service experiences with ICD. I've lost screws a couple times & got free ones in the mail. They have been very patient with me calling with some not so bright questions.

wanna-b-ballin'
02-06-2007, 02:08 AM
i have a ndfs7, and its an awsome gun. small as ****. smaller than my old ULE mag. light, fast, and easy to lube. you pull a pin out and the whole bolt assembly and everything slides right out, and with a drop or two of oil on all the o-rings your good to go.

UTDragun
02-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Ive owned every freestyle there is, anything pre-fs7 is decent, but the fs7 and fs8 are great guns. I currently own an fs7 and fs8 and thoroughly enjoy both, although now that im sponsored by another company I cant use them anymore :( some people have complained about ICD's regs. Apparently its hit or miss on them, but I had extras laying around so I never really tested to see if mine worked well or not. The only problem Ive had is with the stock predator boards. Sometimes they somehow lose their programming and have to be reflashed.