PDA

View Full Version : Ways to tell you're addicted to Automags.org

Tbone
01-02-2002, 03:33 PM
--You begin to see honeycombs in the background of everything you look at
--When someone says, "he's the cutest..." you have the urge to shout out "moderator!"
--You keep track of how many topics you bring up with your friends and call it your personal "post count"
--When having a conversation with a friend and he brings up something off topic, you tell him to go to the "Friendly Corner"
--You begin passing off your AO handle as your real name
--Sleep? what's that?

What are some others?

manike
01-02-2002, 03:39 PM
You always have it loaded in the background even when "working" ;)

You hit refresh every 30 seconds if not sooner...

Miscue
01-02-2002, 07:36 PM
-You have 4 computers in your house with an AO window open just so that there's a better chance for a new AO total online users record.

-You have switched to Diet Pepsi.

-You bring calipers with you to the field.

-All of a sudden your spelling and grammar has improved with practice.

-Your homepage is AO

-You smack people who even mention adjusting their trigger rod.

-You think almost all aftermarket parts suck. :)

-AO Members know more about you than your own friends and family.

SGTKennedy
01-02-2002, 07:39 PM
you get more Notifications about subscribed Threads in one day than legit Emails in a month?
You ignore your Teachers at school while thinking about a topic you read on AO the night before.
You Checked your homepage (AO user CP) before school/work.
You have an AIM buddy list dedicated to AO users.

BTAutoMag
01-02-2002, 08:04 PM
this describes me to a tee. is that wrong

Originally posted by AntwanRT
you get more Notifications about subscribed Threads in one day than legit Emails in a month?
You ignore your Teachers at school while thinking about a topic you read on AO the night before.
You Checked your homepage (AO user CP) before school/work.
You have an AIM buddy list dedicated to AO users.

you start quoting AO members and what their funny posts are to people you dont know.

your user name never goes off the online member list.

when you know every body by fisrt name and not tag

when your gerbals names are:
-Army
-Foo
(seriously)

you spend more time posting then talking to your girlfirend
(seriously im ingnoring sarah while im writing this)

FooTemps
01-02-2002, 08:21 PM
your name is Footemps... That's all.

ALSO...

You stay up 'till 2 or 4 in the morning to be on AO even though there's nothin goin on.

You actually spend your morning on AO

You're on AO longer than the time you spend walking.

DrEvil
01-02-2002, 08:44 PM
you quit playing paintball because it keeps you away from AO too long.
You only shop at the Online store.
you cant solve any type of a problem without gettng on the tech forum

Omicron
01-02-2002, 09:19 PM
*you can field strip your automag in no time with one hand while chatting in the AO chat

MagDog68
01-03-2002, 12:32 AM
Do they have a 12 step program for AOers?

I actually had the phone removed from one of my offices so I could be on AO undisturbed from 9:00-10:00AM!!!

~Fred

boggerman
01-03-2002, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
-You bring calipers with you to the field.

What's wrong with that? I keep my pt spacers in my caliper box, so I have to take my calipers with me, right? I'm not sick, I don't need help, right? Someone? Anyone? Boy it's hard to type with this stupid straight jacket on. Oops, did I say that outloud?

Snooky
01-03-2002, 04:05 AM
you get more Notifications about subscribed Threads in one day than adult entertainment and junk mail notifications.

this is a mod to AntwanRT post
hope u like it!

Dubstar112
01-03-2002, 06:54 AM
Your at school, and your online like I am right now.

When you sit down at the table at night with your parents, you scarf down your food so you can be excused to look at AO

wyn1370
01-03-2002, 07:16 AM
when you put up a post about going out for a day of play, before you email or call your friends you've played with for years.
when you've given up on your local store techs because you've found out they really don't know a whole lot.
when you actually think MajorDamage is funny. :D j/k Major
or when you get worried if you haven't seen a regular post in a few days.

gmag
01-03-2002, 11:26 AM
When your parents remove all internet services from your house due to the sole fact that you live and breathe for AO.

Magsrule3
01-03-2002, 01:51 PM
You reply to this thread...

In typing class you try to print the 53 page Intellifeed tutorial cause your computer is too slow and then you come to school the next day and found out you hit print twice by accident and it printed out another 53 pages and typing teahcer thinks its a tutorial to make a gun and yells at you.(true story)

Clint3240
01-05-2002, 08:26 PM
hahaha shawn you never told me mis moore yelled at you for printing somthing...one of these days she is gona catch you printing those strage pictures of dog do do...sick minded child

HoppysMag
01-05-2002, 08:37 PM
in your sleep your trigger finger twitches like your shootin

when your awak you trigger finger twichs like your shootin.

when you see a mag at a feild or store and you say "hey that looks like ( enter AO member name here)'s gun"

paintballrulzs
01-05-2002, 08:37 PM
haha these r great

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-05-2002, 08:47 PM
You spent 10 minutes reading this thread, and counting how many of these thigns you live up to!
:D ;) :p

Oh yeah,
When you are talking to your friends you wish you could add faces...:) ...:o ...;) ...:cool: ...:mad: ...ect.

I just realized I just did this....

You call your paintball buddies at 9:00pm to tell them that the HALO (or other paintball stuff) has been released!

OhMyAMoose
01-05-2002, 09:02 PM
spend 10x as much time at AO than playing paintball.

SoupRman
01-05-2002, 09:28 PM
*raises hand* meeeeeee...

-when you lurk the boards..
-when you bookmark your favorite posts
-when you trust more guys than others
-when you see a guys nick you have a visual picture of what they look like because you've been here so long you know what their personality is
-when you visit more than 20 times a day to look for a new post you can have feedback in
-when you have a dream about putting a retro valve in your mag and when you wake up, your sad because you don't have it :(

LOL i couldn't go out since tuesday so this is what i've been doing.

AngelBoy
01-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey... MajorDamage IS funny, what u talkin bout!!! LOL!

- If you are at school and get on AO, and the computer already has you logged in
- If you are subscribed to the thread "Because Quality always shoots straight"

HoppysMag
01-05-2002, 10:20 PM
thats a great thread
its so funny

AGD
01-05-2002, 11:20 PM
When your a big industry honcho and you sit around with the other industry types telling them about what you learned on AO and they look at you wierd and say "is THAT what you spend your time doing?"

AGD

AGD
01-05-2002, 11:21 PM
When your in a managment meeting and your whole staff is waiting for your answer and you reply "I don't know I have to ask AO" (true story)

AGD

Bonx0007
01-05-2002, 11:23 PM
Glad to here that Tom give us all a warm cozy feeling inside.:)

Potatoboy
01-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by AGD
When your in a managment meeting and your whole staff is waiting for your answer and you reply "I don't know I have to ask AO" (true story)

AGD

The angel/impulse barrel breaking I assume?

How about when you have your computers at home and work log into the chatroom on startup?

AGD
01-05-2002, 11:26 PM
I am on a roll now,

When you are talking to other people about what's going on in the industry and they ask you where you heard it and you reply "AO" like they should know.

When your afraid to tell your paintball industry friends you have over 1000 posts on a message board.

When your afraid to boast to your paintball industry competition that your forum kicks the hell out of theirs because they might start one.

AGD
01-05-2002, 11:30 PM
When the end of year report to your bankers has a graph of AO post counts to impress them. (true story)

When you invite your friends to your forums birthday party, and they show up!

When you tell people "ask me that question on the forum you will get a faster answer"

AGD

Potatoboy
01-05-2002, 11:31 PM
How about when you're really tired and surfing the board and you get the bright idea to try to convince Tom Kaye to come out to your Detroit AO meeting because you're delirious and you think it might actually work?

zvanut
01-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Tom,
i agree completely.

*When u have a AOL name just for AO
Hey wait a sec. thats me :)

and when the Owner of a company has more nick names on a forum then products out :)

zvanut
01-05-2002, 11:35 PM
you lose all hopes of becoming a doctor because u wanna mod on AO ;)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-06-2002, 09:11 AM
When you trust people name Tunaman more than some of your friends...;)