PDA

View Full Version : Score!!!!!

Ole Unka Phil
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Ah HA!!!!!!

Scored my last peice of the puzzle... to complete my Evil rifle collection.

Behold... the 1994 Arsenal Bulgaria SA-93 in her upgraded Cherry Wood debanned evilness!!!!! The last of the true bulgarian built milled original 1947 types!!!!

And she is now in the hands of a WHITE MAN! Muahahahahahahaha...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/cphilip/AKSA93rgt.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/cphilip/AKSA93lft.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
02-05-2007, 10:50 PM
ooooo

Where'd you manage to find it?

etjoyride
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM
what are the rest in this area of your collection?

Ole Unka Phil
02-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Is three rifles a collection? :tard:

1) Colt Match Target AR-15 HBAR
2) Bushmaster AR15 M4
3) this Arsenal...

If you don't count the purely set up for target hunting A Bolt Browning or the Tactical set up 12ga 870...

My main push was to get the Rifles more likely to be caught up in any future "Assault Weapons" bans.

I ended up trading my Vintage AR15 project for it. Some guy saw that old Vietnam war era Colt upper I had and when he saw it up close he just had to have it. So he offered me this Arsenal. He threw in all sorts of stuff too that went with it. A complete set of Black furniture. several more Magazines. The original furniture. The original Bayonet. I probably ended up paying around $600 in trade for it. As best I can tell.

And I purchased a Chinese 75 round drum from him as well.

skife
02-05-2007, 11:57 PM
a milled reciever?

wern't most ak's stamped?
the one i shot felt like it was stamped.

Ole Unka Phil
02-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Yes. Most of them are stamped.

The milled is a bit heavier. However its accuracy and durability is above average. And its recoil dampened a bit too. A few of the stamped ones are thicker metal than others and achieve similar to Milled ones. Some are thin and weak though. Arsenal Bulgaria also does some stamped ones as well. And right now they are not even putting out any Milled ones. Except in a very few limited batches that is. Mostly making very well made stamped ones right now. Many of them are going to the Iraqis National Guard via US training. Seems we made a deal with Bulgaria that in exchange for use of their country for staging we would buy their arms from them to equip the Iraqis. And so they are primarily turning them out for that now.

Kalishnikov himself once stated that the Bulgarians made the best AK's. There is always some debate that a few Chinese and Russians from one era to another were as good or better. But no one ever doubts the Bulgarians from about any period. They are admittedly consistently one of the top two if not the top one.

trevorjk
02-06-2007, 01:01 AM
ill trade you a cat for it.... its old and isnt to friendly :(

skife
02-06-2007, 01:37 AM
i've heard the russian/chineese debate myself.

the AK i shot felt cheap.... it was accurate and reliable though, we must have shot 100 rounds through it that day and not a jam once...

Ole Unka Phil
02-06-2007, 08:45 AM
i've heard the russian/chineese debate myself.

the AK i shot felt cheap.... it was accurate and reliable though, we must have shot 100 rounds through it that day and not a jam once...

Most of them are cheap. And you can feel the difference shooting this one. Well made Rifle is it. The Chinese and Russians made good ones and cheap ones. The good ones of either are something worth having. But about any Bulgarian is worth owning.

etjoyride
02-06-2007, 08:47 AM
I've only ever shot/held (not sure if i shot it or not) a cheapy one, kinda put me off 1947's

beam
02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
mmmm...camo pigs

Ole Unka Phil
02-06-2007, 01:14 PM
mmmm...camo pigs

Indeed. I like to think of them as Communist Pigs :D