PDA

View Full Version : my hypermag, the paint blender

Hooter42
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
:confused: Anyone know why my rt pro ule with ult, lvl x and a hyperframe starts blending paint around the 11-13 bps rate? I have a PMI 45/70 and a TSA loader.

automagman2000
02-06-2007, 02:27 PM
There could be a few things.. One is your lx isnt tuned properly, Two you could have a weak Detent, and Three your barrel could be to small a bore for you paint. I just had this problem with my mag and i discoverd after hours of tinkering that my detent was weak and would double load a ball

Lenny
02-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I say it's broken and there's nothing you can do about it.

So... give it to me! :D

(I can try, can't I? :p )

BigEvil
02-06-2007, 03:41 PM
^ all the above, plus check the input pressure into the gun. If the tank is running low, the gun wont cycle properly.

StygShore
02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
TSA loader maxes out around 12 - I dont care if they claim 15 from the manufacturer, so you may be just outshooting the loader at that point.

as soft as level 10 is, if it smacks a paintball 6 times, chances are it will catch a seam and break.

Barrow a Halo or eggy, and see if it has the same problem.

Styg

Hooter42
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
TSA loader maxes out around 12 - I dont care if they claim 15 from the manufacturer, so you may be just outshooting the loader at that point.

as soft as level 10 is, if it smacks a paintball 6 times, chances are it will catch a seam and break.

Barrow a Halo or eggy, and see if it has the same problem.

Styg
Ah yes i wondered about the loader not keeping up, i will try halo next time im around one. :shooting:

commrad
03-18-2007, 10:08 PM
i can rip mine with a VL200 on it and never chop a ball, the lvl 10 has done it's job more than once (did it to test the 10) if your 10 is set up right you shouldn't chop anything, if your lvl 10 is right it won't chop paint, i didn't believe agd so i tried everything i could to get mine to chop, no luck (even made a spacer to hold a ball half way in the tube, the bolt just stops). check your paint barrel match and your velocity, a friend had a problem like yours and his velocity was a little too high, he was shooting 310 i think, set it to 290 when he got to the field and it hasn't chopped (actually broke) a ball since.
remember, ball speed is controlled by air pressure not volume, the faster you shoot, the harder you slam the ball with air from those 3 little holes in the bolt.

athomas
03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
...remember, ball speed is controlled by air pressure not volume, the faster you shoot, the harder you slam the ball with air from those 3 little holes in the bolt.The pressure behind the ball never goes much above 60psi, regardless of the chamber pressure. As the pressure floods the area behind the ball it pushes down the barrel. The higher the pressure in the chamber, the faster it accelerates due to more air being available faster, but the pressure will never hit a critical value that will damage paint.

Hooter42: I suspect you have a problem with your barrel being too small for the paint, or a bad detent, or bad paint.