PDA

View Full Version : ITS MY TURN! My 'new' pneuionmag!

personman
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
After about 2 years of working and procrastinating, I finally finished this thing. Haha, I remember starting this when the ion pneumag thread was but a few pages long. Now its all grown up. I just finished it like an hour ago and I was low on air. I thought I heard some shootdown before I ran out of gas (prior to video) so I'll check that out when I get more air. Other than that and a few minor leaks I have to find and a possible membrane pad, its done. Oh yeah, an anno job too :rolleyes:

I know its ghettoriffic. My battery is in the tank cover because... well... thats the best place I could find for it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY 'RRFireblade' for your help. He ULE'd my ygrip and tapped my ASA for my LPR. The only tools I have are a dremel and a small drill press so that was a lot of help for me.

Pic of the innards because I know someone wants to see it:
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2223/finishedionmag002largebe3.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finishedionmag002largebe3.jpg)
Video:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnH0g5J51zY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnH0g5J51zY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

:bounce: (if the video doesnt work check back later. it isnt approved yet. its not that exciting anyway.)

BigEvil
02-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Nice work bro. For the battery, do like I did, get an empty emag battery pack and an adaptor from Luke and your Ghettoness decreases. :-)

personman
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Nice work bro. For the battery, do like I did, get an empty emag battery pack and an adaptor from Luke and your Ghettoness decreases. :-)
I thought about it, but I'd rather run a gas thru. :)
The battery is pretty well hidden. I run a 72/45 stubby with a 68 tank cover on it so the cover is a bit longer than the tank. It makes for a nice little pocket :p

behemoth
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Is that a board from an archos jukebox?

personman
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Is that a board from an archos jukebox?
:shooting:

behemoth
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
:shooting:

Nah, in all seriousness, it looks good.

:cheers:

nate2k191
02-07-2007, 01:51 AM
that looks like a nice pnuemag job, and a nice mag, good job. take a vid with full air too :)

Beemer
02-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Tanks for sharing. Get er done and do it shooting paint.

Nice reflection off the tank reg when you say this is where the batt is and tap the tank. :argh:

trevorjk
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=196

personman
02-07-2007, 07:41 PM
that would definitely be tight. but not worth 120 at all. ive done some flow mods to the stock noid myself. i wouldnt mind having a tboard or something though. :)

trevorjk
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
theoretically

couldnt you leave the ion board stock with no modifications. then run the front hose to a small clipperd ram to keep the sear in the activated position (for proper chronoing procedures) and then have the hose that goes to the ion donut, and connect that to another clipperd ram so that when you shoot it activates the back ram pushing the sear back into the firing position?

example:

pull trigger

back ram activates releases trigger. (puts sear into firing position)

then front ram activates and returns sear into firing position to shoot the ball

would basically be the whole ion in your grip frame. only thing i see is on the back ram you would need an exaust port. which in the Pnuemag frames now is already being used.

and with the front ram, that fires the marker but is always ingaged, would be vented through the normal ion vent when the microswitch is engaged.

THEORETICALLY would this not work? i know it would take up space and all but this would work... would it not?

personman
02-07-2007, 07:55 PM
i have no idea...
but something that complicated would be a major PITA to get working reliably. I already have a feeling i might have some reliability issueswith this one but i cant say until i play with it

Paintchucker
02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey Stranger! How you been? See you have been busy playing with parts. :)

Are you sure you weren't just making pfft, pfft, pfffftt sounds with your mouth on that video?

I haven't played in about 2 years and need to go play. When/where can I see this monstrousity?

Rob

don miguel
02-08-2007, 08:33 PM
mad props to you.

personman
02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey Stranger! How you been? See you have been busy playing with parts. :)

Are you sure you weren't just making pfft, pfft, pfffftt sounds with your mouth on that video?

I haven't played in about 2 years and need to go play. When/where can I see this monstrousity?

Rob
PAINTCHUCKER!
Whats up? Man we havent played in like 94305439 years. Hell I havent even played for half a year.
I have no idea when I'll play next... I really want to but I've been busy with school and finishing up my eagle project lately. It'll probably be a month or two before I have free weekends to play :(
Where do you play? I dont even know which fields are good nowadays :(

RRfireblade
02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
So that's where all the stuff went to , no kidding about a long project time. :D Congrats on getting it all done tho , looks good.

:clap:

THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY 'RRFireblade' for your help. He ULE'd my ygrip and tapped my ASA for my LPR. The only tools I have are a dremel and a small drill press so that was a lot of help for me.