PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadians around?

WickeDKlowN
02-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I need to "interview" someone from Canada (or really any country other than the US, I just figured someone from Canada would be the easiest to find) for a class I'm taking.

Basically, I just need to know what it's like living in Canada and how it's different from the US. Things like different holidays, traditions, the education system, medical care, etc.

Thanks.

smilestyler
02-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Does it have to be done over IM? or do you have questions ready to email? I'd be willing to help.

WickeDKlowN
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
To be perfectly honest, I didn't have any specific questions to ask since I'm not really sure what I should be asking. I was just hoping you could list a handful of cultural differences between Canada and the US. If you would feel more comfortable doing it over email, feel free to email me: shroomie (at) gmail.com

FARMER00
02-06-2007, 11:02 PM
im in canada,
free health care
everybody is = (dont know if the states is like this yet)
high tax
lots of development
lots of forigners
holidays are the same except for like june 4 and thanks giving and ones that are country specific like canada day if you have some specific questions just ask

WickeDKlowN
02-06-2007, 11:15 PM
im in canada,
free health care
everybody is = (dont know if the states is like this yet)
high tax
lots of development
lots of forigners
holidays are the same except for like june 4 and thanks giving and ones that are country specific like canada day if you have some specific questions just ask
Thanks man.

What about foods and such? Are there any that are specific to Canada, or are they pretty much the same as the US?

FARMER00
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks man.

What about foods and such? Are there any that are specific to Canada, or are they pretty much the same as the US?
yeah its basically they same, we are more pancake people then waffle people like u yankees and the BEER (Molson and sleeman are the best) is a good one for canada, then there is the maple syrup sterotype i dont know if its true, there is also GREAT CANADIAN BEEF, ontario fruit is the best in the world for quality (apples, berries and whatnot). hmmm im trying to think of more but thats all i got right now, i just was in florida a week and im trying to compare stuff

oh one thing about americans is that u never use turning signals when driving in canada we use them all the time its the LAW

as for culture there isnt as much patriotism here as there is there

WickeDKlowN
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
yeah its basically they same, we are more pancake people then waffle people like u yankees and the BEER (Molson and sleeman are the best) is a good one for canada, then there is the maple syrup sterotype i dont know if its true, there is also GREAT CANADIAN BEEF, ontario fruit is the best in the world for quality (apples, berries and whatnot). hmmm im trying to think of more but thats all i got right now, i just was in florida a week and im trying to compare stuff

oh one thing about americans is that u never use turning signals when driving in canada we use them all the time its the LAW

as for culture there isnt as much patriotism here as there is there
Alright, thanks again man.

And as for turn signals, I hate when people don't use them. It's the law here too, but it's not always enforced.

Edit: Just for reference, what part of Canada are you from?

robnix
02-07-2007, 12:25 AM
free health care
high tax

You may need to redefine 'free'.

don miguel
02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
canadians........

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdBUSOP0010.jpg

Raven001
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
You may need to redefine 'free'.

What he means by free is universal health care. Whether you work or not you are covered for most things. Cosmetic surgery is in most cases not covered and oddly enough neither is the test for prostate cancer. The coverage is paid for by our tax dollars.

robnix
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
What he means by free is universal health care. Whether you work or not you are covered for most things. Cosmetic surgery is in most cases not covered and oddly enough neither is the test for prostate cancer. The coverage is paid for by our tax dollars.

Not my point. Higher Taxes != free.

FARMER00
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
im southern ontario, southwest of toronto