PDA

View Full Version : Another Use For A Lvl 7 Spring!!!

don miguel
02-07-2007, 01:19 PM
well, today I was fooling around with my SS25, and I wanted to put a spring in the pump guide somewhere so that the bolt would stay forward when I move with the gun. (ask for clarification if you need it). So I was stuck with the situation of what spring to use and where to put it... so I happened to have my LVL7 bolt laying aroun w/ the spring. So I took the spring and viewed it next to the center pump guide (thickest rod on the pump kit, in the center) and It looked like it would fit. Once I got it in there, the spring added a little more resistance to the pump, but not too much. I could still auto-trigger it pretty fast, like it would be w/o the spring. It seems to work perfectly with the lvl 7 spring. If you want to try this, here is what to do:

remove the autotrigger piece
remove the bolt from the back-block
remove the cocking rod
unscrew the back block from the pump arm
slide the pump kit, handle and all, right off the front
place lvl 7 spring right on the thickest rod you see in the pump kit (in the center)
then slide the pump kit back on
then screw the back block onto the pump arm until the cocking rod is flush with the backblock
insert bolt, and cocking rod
re-attach the autotrigger piece
then make sure that the spring rests on the base piece of the largest center rod, and it is touching the pump handle

Now you should have a more improved pump kit. This spring may be too strong for some people to pump efficiently, but it is heavy duty enough to hold the backblock against the gun body while moving. This will also allow you to grip the reg while shooting (instead of holding the pump forward), and will prevent extra balls in the chamber due to the back block sliding backwards and letting balls in. This is a very simple mod and works with a lvl7 spring. Please give me feedback about this. thanks.

** pics coming once I fix my camera **

Raven001
02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
You sir lead a charmed life. :sleeping:

I was not aware that the SS25 bolt and cocking mech was so smooth that gravity alone would slide it. Of course the only pump I've fired within recent memory was a Razorback so maybe some advancements have been made ;)

Just out of curiosity, are you making ref to the power tube spring or the bolt return spring on a level 7?

BTW welcome back, your absence was noted... :rofl:

cyrus-the-virus
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM

and missed.

don miguel
02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
You sir lead a charmed life. :sleeping:

I was not aware that the SS25 bolt and cocking mech was so smooth that gravity alone would slide it. Of course the only pump I've fired within recent memory was a Razorback so maybe some advancements have been made ;)

Just out of curiosity, are you making ref to the power tube spring or the bolt return spring on a level 7?

Im talking about the bolt return spring. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, the pump is that smooth, so smooth that when I do a superman dive/slide i get 5 extra paintballs in the chamber and shoot 3 balls next shot. I've actually been pulled for shooting 4 balls at once, because the back block slides so much when getting air fills, diving, and everything. This mod works great for me.

paintballfiend
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Im talking about the bolt return spring. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, the pump is that smooth, so smooth that when I do a superman dive/slide i get 5 extra paintballs in the chamber and shoot 3 balls next shot. I've actually been pulled for shooting 4 balls at once, because the back block slides so much when getting air fills, diving, and everything. This mod works great for me.

What? So you are shooting something like a shotgun?

mag_lover05
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
and you expect someone to tinker with there CCM gun when you said to try something and you cant even spell "we SUE suckers"? :spit_take

:cheers:

don miguel
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
What? So you are shooting something like a shotgun?
without the return spring yes, without the return spring, I could still kind of pull it off.

BigEvil
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey DM, coming to Tunaball in May?

don miguel
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey DM, coming to Tunaball in May?
where is it?

Raven001
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
where is it?

It's in Joyzee I thinks. If you come, there will be a big turnout :ninja: :shooting: :D

BigEvil
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
where is it?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209328

You are like one of the biggest AO celebrities man, you HAVE to come. :bounce:

cyrus-the-virus
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
If DM is there I'll be coming come hell or high water.

fastev
02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
If DM is there I'll be coming come hell or high water.
Second that.

Maybe it's just my SS25, but I've never had more than one ball chambered at a time. The action is effortless, but with a decent bore sizer you'd be hard pressed to chamber more than one gravity fed ball. DM, you sure the detent is in place? That is usually enough to keep the bolt from moving too much...

FinchMan
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I think his problem was double-cocking.

trevorjk
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah DM... you sure you are not double cocking? that or your detents are bad and your barrel bore is to large.

also, stop pointing your gun in the air... your not suppose to shoot birds. keep the gun shouldered and level like your suppose to and you shouldnt have a problem.

__Phoenix__
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM

I see what you did there, Scott.

cyrus-the-virus
02-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I see what you did there, Scott.

SHHHHHHH!!!!!! ;)

Pneumagger
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Don, you know the ccm ss-25 comes with a sring return pump already, right? It's a heck of alot smother than the mag spring will be.

I've played hard with behemoths special edition ss-25, and it never doube cocks - and runs lower pressure than yours for a smoother pump stroke.

/ 'sup

CaptainNeeda
02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Bad idea, I tried this before, give it a few months and the spring preasure will pull the front block threads out
just my .02

don miguel
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Second that.

Maybe it's just my SS25, but I've never had more than one ball chambered at a time. The action is effortless, but with a decent bore sizer you'd be hard pressed to chamber more than one gravity fed ball. DM, you sure the detent is in place? That is usually enough to keep the bolt from moving too much...

The detent is in place. This spring mainly helps when you point the barell up the chamber dosen't open, when you run the chamber dosen't open. When I superman dive, I have a tendancy to try and keep the barell from sticking in the ground, so I aim it up. This spring helps the balls not to roll into the chamber when the gun is aimed up. I might add that I'm using a Halo V35 w/ rip drive (I know, overkill) so that makes the balls feed fast. The spring really helps me, and I hope it helps you guys too. Thanks for the suggestion.

don miguel
02-08-2007, 08:05 PM

jersey is too far for me. Honestly I would love too, if it was in conneticut, or somewhere closer. I am still trying to convince some members of my team (including "where am I?) to make the trip. I am only 15, and have no car, so I cant drive there myself, but I really want to go. So If I can convince some people to go, then I will do it.

Lohman446
02-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Look - all you people who whine about ramping... would you complain if I used it a Tunaball if DM was there?

don miguel
02-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Look - all you people who whine about ramping... would you complain if I used it a Tunaball if DM was there?

go ahead. If you need to ramp to beat me, then so be it.

(BTW i just challenged you)

I'll get Where am I? to bring his 07 ego, kruger's xmag, pnumagger's emag, his tricked out phantom, and the invert mini. mucho ramping :) .

Lohman446
02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
go ahead.

You have got to be kidding me. DM, I play paintball as a hobby, its a game. I've played it for longer than you have realized girls are not "icky". That being said its a game. Unfortunately, even if you agree, I cannot "challenge" you in any useful way. Frankly, I'm not going to depend on paintball to prove anything.

SCpoloRicker
02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Wow. I have actually had similar issues with my Sterling, and came to a similar solution.

+1 for DM.

/lol at "challenging" lohman

__Phoenix__
02-08-2007, 08:50 PM

I'll get Where am I? to bring his 07 ego, kruger's xmag, pnumagger's emag, his tricked out phantom, and the invert mini. mucho ramping :) .

I dont think that's what Lohman had in mind.

behemoth
02-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Don, take a trip to a hardware store. Youre disgracing CCM owners.

Phoenix, CCM's dont come with return springs.

Lohman, your kimber can ramp?

hs2000
02-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Don, you know the ccm ss-25 comes with a sring return pump already, right? It's a heck of alot smother than the mag spring will be.

I've played hard with behemoths special edition ss-25, and it never doube cocks - and runs lower pressure than yours for a smoother pump stroke.

/ 'sup

SS-25's don't come with a return spring. I use a phantom return spring cut down for the least possible resistance.

And running at a lower pressure will not make your pump stroke easier, it will make it harder because you'll have to make the hammer spring harder to get to 280 fps. More tension behind the hammer means a harder pump stroke.

behemoth
02-09-2007, 12:11 AM
SS-25's don't come with a return spring. I use a phantom return spring cut down for the least possible resistance.

And running at a lower pressure will not make your pump stroke easier, it will make it harder because you'll have to make the hammer spring harder to get to 280 fps. More tension behind the hammer means a harder pump stroke.

/nod.

Lenny
02-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Umm... Pneumagger doesn't have an EMag. Or, at least I've never seen it.

/And I'll bring my iMag! :D
//slash

__Phoenix__
02-09-2007, 02:16 AM

Behemoth, I didn't mention a spring in any of my posts.

Lohman446
02-09-2007, 06:45 AM

Does it need to?

Yeh, it does - between the clip (magazine, whatever) and the chamber there's a ramp...

paintballfiend
02-09-2007, 11:24 AM

Oh noes lohman, they only way you would be able to beat DM is if the Halo on his ss-25 runs out of battery. :rofl:

behemoth
02-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Does it need to?

Yeh, it does - between the clip (magazine, whatever) and the chamber there's a ramp...

you said you'd use ramping on DM.

I didnt know your kimber could ramp.

behemoth
02-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Behemoth, I didn't mention a spring in any of my posts.

Sorry, confused you with pneumagger

you know, both P's :ninja: :ninja:

Lohman446
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
you said you'd use ramping on DM.

I didnt know your kimber could ramp.

I said that before he challenged me. Thought we could kill two birds with one stone. Test Beemers theories about ramping markers and exposed "soft spots" and... well DM at the same time.

Beemer
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Hmm

Wow. I have actually had similar issues with my Sterling, and came to a similar solution.

+1 for DM.

RRfireblade
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I can't even imagine why you would use such a spring on a CCM kit. There's so much wrong there I don't know where to start.

Suffice it to say the the REST of the god fearing CCM owners would do little more than this . . .

1/4" x 2" spring ( >$1 @ ACE) in front of the guide rod 'inside' the handle where it should be ;)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/ColMustard/NewMustard-006.jpg

wanna-b-ballin'
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
i have a spring inside my pump handle, and its butter smooth and the bolt always stays forward. it looks like a cut down spyder main spring.

Lohman446
02-09-2007, 12:38 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/ColMustard/NewMustard-006.jpg

I hate you....

behemoth
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
I hate you....

Isnt the colonel sexy?

SR_matt
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
i actualy used a cocker sear spring (streach a lot) inside that pump handle to do the same thing becasue my pump stroke was so smooth that once i pumped it if i ran i would either get double feeds or just a lot of bouncing around of the handle.

good idea, to me it would be to hard of a pull and not as clean looking but its all personal preferance

-matt