PDA

View Full Version : Select comfort beds, feedback, options?

Lohman446
02-08-2007, 12:18 PM
My G/F has determined she "has to have" a select comfort bed. No big deal but these things are PRICEY. I found that I can just use my current water bed frame and then a select comfort mattress in it. I am looking at the 5000 series...

Anyone have any advice, comments, opinions?

behemoth
02-08-2007, 12:22 PM
My G/F has determined she "has to have" a select comfort bed. No big deal but these things are PRICEY. I found that I can just use my current water bed frame and then a mattress. I am looking at the 5000 series...

This select comfort better see alot of use if youre dropping that kinda loot on it.

__Phoenix__
02-08-2007, 01:26 PM
My Grandmother had one.
I tried it out before we put it in her room.
If you put the sucker at the lowest setting, it's sorta like being on a deflated waterbed, on the highest setting, on a brick. In between it's like a regular bed.
I never found a 'comfort zone', it was either SOFT, regula, or WOW A BRICK

spwz99
02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
my brother has an older model, and i've slept on it before. its cool like once or twice. but after that I'd rather have the cash difference in price between that and a regular mattress. i don't buy the hype and it just isn't worth the price difference. that's just me.

Lohman446
02-08-2007, 02:36 PM
my brother has an older model, and i've slept on it before. its cool like once or twice. but after that I'd rather have the cash difference in price between that and a regular mattress. i don't buy the hype and it just isn't worth the price difference. that's just me.

Think of that cash difference differently. If everytime I lay down on it she reminds me she *wanted* something else it doesn't take long for it to have been worth it to just buy what she wanted in the first place.

Beemer
02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
has to have

Doh her cash or yours?

Here ya go. You determine.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/select.html

spwz99
02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Think of that cash difference differently. If everytime I lay down on it she reminds me she *wanted* something else it doesn't take long for it to have been worth it to just buy what she wanted in the first place.

An excellent point. :rofl:

shives007
02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
My wife thought one of these would solve all her problems, so we got one. It did not solve her problems. Turned out she had sleep apnea. The CPAP machine still hasn't solved her sleeping problems, and is a killer in the romance department.

I can sleep anywhere, so I almost never change from 50. It makes little difference to me. The only issue I have is the change from her side to mine. If I get too close to the "drop off", I tend to roll right down the hill.

But, getting it made her happy. And, when momma's ain't happy, ain't no one happy.

If you do get one, let me know. We get points towards free stuff if we refer someone.

Shives

Hexis
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
My wife and I have had one, I have no idea why we have not replaced it. We really don't like it.

kosmo
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Those are not good nympho beds. You will break it. And if you dont, youre not doing your job.

Steelrat
02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
You'd be better off buying a nice, name brand mattress. A good one will run you $1000+, but they are worth every penny. I run a platform bed with a nice king mattress, and it's been awesome for 7 years running.

Select comfort is just a gimmick. I don't ever feel like changing the type of bed I'm on from night to night. Plus, it's just another thing that can break. Isn't life complex enough without having motorized, electronic beds?

And steer clear of those memory foam beds like they sell at Brookstone. Those things give off nasty, toxic gasses.

robnix
02-08-2007, 07:08 PM
My G/F has determined she "has to have" a select comfort bed. No big deal but these things are PRICEY. I found that I can just use my current water bed frame and then a select comfort mattress in it. I am looking at the 5000 series...

http://www.tempurpedic.com

Amazing. You should be able to find a local dealer and try one out.

MoeMag
02-08-2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.tempurpedic.com

Amazing. You should be able to find a local dealer and try one out.

OMG! Im not usually like this but tempurpedics are awesome!

My GF has one and it has to be the most comfortable thing on the face of the planet.

Something that I didn’t notice until we were at my house (a rare occasion) is that her bed (the tempurpedic) doesn’t squeak. :tard:

Kinda takes some of the fun out of it.

Anywhoo... tell her to try a tempurpedic first.

I am convinced I’m going to get one of them when I move.

Just amazingly comfortable. I really like to sleep on my side, and on her bed there are no pressure points or anything.

Lohman446
02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
My waterbed doesn't squeek, is super comfortable, heated, and wont cause me to dig further into the safe....

CKY_Alliance
02-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I know a couple who have one, when they first got it they were ready to get rid of it untill they found there number..now they love it.

Beemer
02-08-2007, 10:38 PM
My waterbed doesn't squeek, is super comfortable, heated, and wont cause me to dig further into the safe....

Now you got it. :)