PDA

View Full Version : Which On/off do I have?

AlphaPaintballRef2
02-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, I picked up a mech mag a while ago and it was described to have a ULT kit in it. I can't get the two halves apart of the on/off assembly so I am kind of skeptical. They're not generally loctited are they? I didn't want to take a flame to it unless I was pretty sure. So, can I tell by the on/off pin or some other way?

Also, I know Emags are not supposed to have ULT kits in them...but why exactly? Wouldn't it lessen the force the noid would have to exert on the sear thus extending life and lowering dwell? Also, it would be nice in mech mode as well. So there must be something I'm missing as to why its a bad idea...anyone know?
Thanks in advance!

Nick E
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
ULT's aren't supposed to be in e-mags becasue they don't force the giant noid back quickly enough. Now, for a hyperframe/booyahframe or other, it's fine, because they use a smaller noid. You can tell if it's a ULT because the pin will have a tiny hole right in the center of it.

nate2k191
02-10-2007, 01:53 AM
look at this thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209490

AlphaPaintballRef2
02-12-2007, 12:13 PM
ULT's aren't supposed to be in e-mags becasue they don't force the giant noid back quickly enough. Now, for a hyperframe/booyahframe or other, it's fine, because they use a smaller noid.

Makes sense. I should have thought of that :rolleyes: .

Thanks again for the info guys!

Nick E
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I got a related problem, I think on of the O-rings in the ULT may be the cause of my troubles, but I can't get the little pin out...any suggestions, before I mess it up pulling and hauling on it?

nate2k191
02-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I got a related problem, I think on of the O-rings in the ULT may be the cause of my troubles, but I can't get the little pin out...any suggestions, before I mess it up pulling and hauling on it?

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7313/ultoz8.jpg

you should be able to get those o-rings off without having to take the pin out. However, i think the silver pin might unscrew in the middle - i'd need someone else's knowledge to confirm this though. dont ruin it just yet.

Nick E
02-12-2007, 09:41 PM
That's what I feared...Any way to gt the locktite off without ****ing up the pin/housing? And I haven't been pulling and hauling on it, that's why I asked :ninja: lol