PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see....

punkncat
02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Some AGD upgrades made available that could allow for PSP/X ball legal operation. Pay the royalties, make a deal with the devil, whatever....get a quality upgrade made by THE reliable source, and make what people want available. There are obviously many interested. With the size and weight of the current platform and improved speed there is no way it wouldn't attract customers. I mean really, consider (some of) the junk WGP is putting out right now. They ramp and people eat it up. They sold out, cut quality control to the max and still sell them by the boatload.

I am not saying that I would like to see AGD have to make a deal to do it, but seeing a quality ramping Emag, backed with factory confidence sure would be nice. Especially considering the pipe dreams many have dealt with over the past few years.

CKY_Alliance
02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
It still wouldn't work..mags already have a rep, and most people are too narrow minded too see past that.

MANN
02-10-2007, 12:29 AM
just get xmod. It ramps

jenarelJAM
02-10-2007, 01:08 AM
just get xmod. It ramps
I was actually wondering... aren't you just asking for an emag with xmod? Anyone who cares about it enough can get xmod for pretty cheap. Otherwise, it doesn't matter...
/my $.02

punkncat
02-10-2007, 09:07 AM
The Xmod is neither AGD designed or backed. Not to say that it doesn't work, but it doesn't come out of the box from the factory that way.

MANN
02-10-2007, 01:08 PM
The Xmod is neither AGD designed or backed. Not to say that it doesn't work, but it doesn't come out of the box from the factory that way.

I agree that it is not AGD backed, but it has proven itself to be a worthy upgrade for e/xmags. I consider my programmer to be worth its weight in gold as do most other xmod users.

warbeak2099
02-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I dont see that happening.

Tom has said he is against ramping, because it conflicts with ASTM standards established and agreed upon amongst the industry years ago. Which means AGD wont back a ramping code on their markers.

If you want ramping, it will have to be aftermarket. That way, if you hurt yourself or someone else, its nobodys fault but your own.

I'm just wondering if there have been any cases in which ramping resulted in an injury. Or is that some BS that whiney people came up with?

Badmovies.org
02-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I always support standards. If there is a standard and AGD does not support something, because it does not adhere to that standard - then that is a choice that deserves respect - not a complaint.

paintball_fiend
02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I think that they should play on some of there strong points and then upgrade there design some with things that the community has come up with

mags are tiny....as far as vertical hight smaller than a shocker
fast as heck valve
no chops
reliable

redesign the emag lower so it is lighter get rid of the 18v battery and put in the mods people want. this would make the mag lighter smaller and faster than current tourney guns

then release there own version of the pnuemag for the mech lovers.
and a electric grip spider mag introduced for the low end

My personal favorite would be the redesigned emag everything in the grip including the nine volt battery and with all Ultra lite parts. running everything in the future like the hopper and having mech backup is cool but the tourney group would rather have tiny super fast light weight markers.

paintball_fiend
02-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I dont see that happening.

Tom has said he is against ramping, because it conflicts with ASTM standards established and agreed upon amongst the industry years ago. Which means AGD wont back a ramping code on their markers.

If you want ramping, it will have to be after market. That way, if you hurt yourself or someone else, its nobody's fault but your own.

i do think that is kind of odd seeing as there is the RT trigger which when setup right can runaway / increase your fire rate and a long time ago there was a grip frame that shot both on the pull and release of the trigger for the mag

i personally don't use ramping and have mostly gone back to mech guns except my emag but it is a selling point that attracts young tourney players....fast is sexy

besides almost every rec ball fuild i go to doesn't allow any modes other than true semi

geekwarrior
02-10-2007, 03:10 PM
1) I guess youve forgotten the kid that went to the hospital from Chris Lasoyas bonus-balling/overhsooting.

http://www.pbchat.com/showthread.php?threadid=179

wow, I never heard/read that before. I found Chris' statements "amusing" since on the Serial Killers Paintball DVD he states that he goes out on the field with the intention to hurt someone. And he's the guy who shot the play in the back of the head from about 5 ft away long after the guy was out. surprised he's allowed to play at all.

warbeak2099
02-10-2007, 03:15 PM
1) I guess youve forgotten the kid that went to the hospital from Chris Lasoyas bonus-balling/overhsooting.

http://www.pbchat.com/showthread.php?threadid=179

That wasn't ramping. The debounce was out of control and the gun was set on BURST. Controlled, limited ramping has never produced any injuries.

CKY_Alliance
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
That wasn't ramping. The debounce was out of control and the gun was set on BURST. Controlled, limited ramping has never produced any injuries.

Not to mention stupidity and arrogance.

craltal
02-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I do believe that incident came about before ramping was "legal" or am I thinking of another Chris Lasoya bonus balling incident...

CKY_Alliance
02-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Is that some BS that whiney people came up with? :spit_take

It was the debounces fault!. "Sorry Mr. Kid, that was BURST. It caused you injury becaue it was on BURST, not RAMPING mode. If that were ramping mode, all those extra balls wouldnt have hurt you. Thats why ramping is so great, after the first ball, the others dont hurt!" :tard:

The kid got hurt because he was shot with multiple successive shots. The exact same thing would have happened regardless of what you call it.

Bounce. Ramp. Full Auto. You can call it what you want. Its all againsnt ASTM standards, making it all the same in the eyes of safety and regulations.

One pull/release, one shot. Anything else has caused injuries.

So no one has every been hurt by a gun shooting semi?...

don miguel
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
just get xmod. It ramps

yeah really. punkcat, are you serious? you know what xmod is right?

grEnAlEins
02-10-2007, 07:34 PM
yeah really. punkcat, are you serious? you know what xmod is right?
Don, are you serious? He wants something backed by the factory, like something with a warranty. X-mod, despite being great, does not have this feature.

Beemer
02-10-2007, 07:44 PM

I was gonna add but then realized it would just sound like whiney bs. :tard:

Beemer
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
i do think that is kind of odd seeing as there is the RT trigger which when setup right can runaway / increase your fire rate and a long time ago there was a grip frame that shot both on the pull and release of the trigger for the mag

besides almost every rec ball fuild i go to doesn't allow any modes other than true semi

No that would be set up WRONG. All my Mags are at OEM setup specs and I have NEVER had one run away and trying to sweet spot it is a waste of my time when I can just pull it and be more effective. All though not true semi I would argue the RT is still OSOP.

Toll
02-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I'd like a AGD Sponsored EP frame, but I doubt it would happen ^.^

zazzoo
02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I'd Like to see a Polar Bear

warbeak2099
02-10-2007, 09:11 PM

It was the debounces fault!. "Sorry Mr. Kid, that was BURST. It caused you injury becaue it was on BURST, not RAMPING mode. If that were ramping mode, all those extra balls wouldnt have hurt you. Thats why ramping is so great, after the first ball, the others dont hurt!" :tard:

The kid got hurt because he was shot with multiple successive shots. The exact same thing would have happened regardless of what you call it.

Bounce. Ramp. Full Auto. You can call it what you want. Its all againsnt ASTM standards, making it all the same in the eyes of safety and regulations.

One pull/release, one shot. Anything else{you want to call ramping} has caused injuries.

I meant it is easier to set a limit on and control ramping. With excessive bounce, it is harder to control what the gun is doing. But with adjustable ramping, you can control how fast it will shoot, at what speed it will ramp, etc. That is why tournaments allow it nowadays under close supervision. By the same right, I guess you could say semi is dangerous. Because there are many people out there who play that can shoot 15bps consistantly. And if they behave like Mr. Lasoya, they could seriously injure someone.

The fact is, you blame it on the equipment. That's a cop out. It's like parents who blame video games on their kids' psychological problems instead of asking themselves what kinds of mistakes they might have made as parents. Blame peoples' behavior on the results of their actions, not the gear they were using. I had a kid almost shoot my mask off with a mech Belsales Evolution cocker. Shall we denounce mech cockers cause they're dangerous? Please Rogue, tell me how your objections are any different from those of the old timers who spoke out against semis back when pumps were dissapearing from the tourny scene?

Ramping is not dangerous nor has it proven to be if the person using it is responsible, and it is regulated responsibly by the event staff. End of story.

Beemer
02-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Because there are many people out there who play that can shoot 15bps consistantly.

I disagree. There are FEW who can.

tell me how your objections are any different from those of the old timers who spoke out against semis back when pumps were dissapearing from the tourny scene?

Hey Im an old timer and was all for semi, OSOP. I remember those who were against it. I understand there view better now then I did then. Heck lets play FA but not be stupid about it. We were slow and smart back then now its fast and stupid.

Ramping is not dangerous nor has it proven to be if the person using it is responsible, and it is regulated responsibly by the event staff. End of story.

Yes it is. So is pump so is semi so is FA. I would argue that responsibility is an issue. Uneducated doesnt have to mean stupid. Whos the teachers? The ones who set the standards? Know who they are?

To add.. going off topic start a new thread

CKY_Alliance
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Which would make the player dangerous, not the semi.

I do. Simply because the equipment is doing the shooting in ramping. Not the player.

Anything other than one pull/release, one shot is dangerous. In accordance with the ASTM safety regulations as adopted by the paintball industry.

End of story.

Whats makes ramping dangerous? The fact that people have been injured by guns that were ramping?..well what about the injuries caused by guns in semi?...They both can be dangerous when placed in the hand of someone irresponsible...

Edit: ok i see your point : In accordance with the ASTM safety regulations as adopted by the paintball industry.

bleachit
02-10-2007, 11:57 PM
i do think that is kind of odd seeing as there is the RT trigger which when setup right can runaway / increase your fire rate

I believe Tom Kaye has said at least once on here that the runaway effect in the RT valve was a "malfunction", and I believe that was addressed a bit in the design of the X-valve. It was reported a few times that the X-valve has less of the RT effect than the RT valve.

then again, Ive never owned/shot either an RT or Xvalve, its just info that was passed around here a long time ago, I could be mistaken.

Caboose
02-11-2007, 12:21 AM
I've played mostly semi my entire life but have dabbled in PSP play. I must say, it is a thousand times more exciting and fun to watch/play than NPPL semi. However, mags are just NOT suited for PSP/Xball where you are playing more games in a faster sucession. In Xball, you're playing as many games as you can in 5/10/15 minutes. That means that you need a light and efficient marker over anything else. This is something that mags just aren't. Sure, they're more reliable than 90% of markers out there, but they get less shots per fill than a Matrix and are as heavy or heavier than even Vikings/Excals. Comparing my CnC Xmag and my DM6, the DM is much lighter and more efficient. Now, the mag was freaking bulletproof... but that holds little when you're on your 8th game in 15 minutes and you've already gone through 2 tanks and your arms are going to fall off.

Also, ramping is just as safe as semi when the users are coherant. I shoot faster in semi than in PSP/Xball formats. I can get into the low 20s (very skilled and practiced 3 finger walking) when all ramping/full auto leagues are capped at 15. Besides, nobody in their right mind would blow someone away in a bunkering situation to the back of their head... except Lasoya. Also, if someone is going to do that in PSP, they'd do the same in semi. Blame the person, not the ramping. The gun shot the paint, but the guy made it.

paintball_fiend
02-11-2007, 12:41 AM
I'd like a AGD Sponsored EP frame, but I doubt it would happen ^.^
http://www.logicpaintball.com/images/UEF-FrontPagePic2.jpg

FTW :)
hopefully this thread gets back on track ....
does AGD look at this kind of thing when they consider new gun upgrades?

paintball_fiend
02-11-2007, 12:48 AM
although i am starting to get interested in the invert mini because it seems to have all of the things i want bit since i only paid $350 for the emag i will keep it aswell

punkncat
02-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I would love to see ASTM standards be re-introduced and enforced in play and to equipment. However, going to the CFOA and "whiney bs'ing" :cool: about it is not going to change the fact that I will be in Rome.... :ninja:

Besides, nobody in their right mind would blow someone away in a bunkering situation to the back of their head... except Lasoya

You haven't played with some of the players round here.....

There are quite a few good Xball and CFOA/PSP teams that play and practice in this area, including Animosity, Vision, Last Call, etc. Much of the practice that goes on is actually worse than an actual tourney/event. Its like punishment is the order of the day in many cases.

REDRT
02-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't see anything wrong with ramping, but I do see a need to enforce rules regarding it. People simply need to exercise restraint. Since many either are incapable or otherwise disregard any common sense there needs to be clear and decisive rules alone with strict enforcement of rule regarding ramping. Locally you break the rules your going home. Players at the level of Chris Lasoya should be held accountable. I'm talking money out of their pocket and their sponsors pocket, along with community service, and suspensions up to and including a life time suspensions. That is what I'd like to see.