PDA

View Full Version : Glove Suggestions

robnix
02-10-2007, 03:03 AM
Something I don't hear talked about much, gloves. I'm tired of using cheap gloves that stain my hands black. Any thoughts on gloves? I'm looking for something not too heavy, padding not needed, stain free.

temps
02-10-2007, 03:59 AM
I use Fox motocross gloves, they are not very padded, but have harder plastic across the tops of your hands/fingers and have held up very well to use on the field.

FromTheBack
02-10-2007, 04:38 AM
I reccommend Dye or proto gloves because they are the most comfortable and don't stain. Something I have noticed is non-pb gloves are a pain to wear in a game because they are bulkier and you really cant have bulky padding with a tight trigger guard. Dye and Proto have made lighter small gloves that dont stain. Eclipse has good ones also but they stain your hand...

bryceeden
02-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Empire SS are really nice as well.

StygShore
02-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Dye C4 gloves - you can find em for 20.00 or less online, they dont stain, the look nice, they are comfy, and thick enough to take a few bounces.

I have Dye Core - stain your hands bad, craptastic stitching, will fall apart in a few weeks of play.

Raven Morphion - rubber "straps" on fingers break off, and surface material gets slick if hands get paint on them, but I have a pair that have held up to a lot of play for 6 years

JT - anything - stitching will last you about 2 weeks in these piece of garbage gloves - bette roff using Mechanix shop gloves than these things.

Invert SS Gloves - New, have not played with them yet. they are thin with a lot of tactile feeling and a squeegie :) they run small ( as do the pants )

Dye C4-C7? - All have about the same "glove" feel, the sensa touch crap is all hype ( little nubs in the finger tips ) but they dont stain, and are very comfy - thincker than most gloves, so you lose a little tactile feeling, but you are pulling a trigger not picking a lock

Wool half finger fish cleaning gloves with rubber nubbies - Comfortable, thick to take massive bounce, itch when they get wet, and make your hands sweat pretty good. May also stink of fish if you took them from a tackle box <- it was a spur of th emoment paintball game :)

Just my opinions for you

For the money - go with Dye, as poser-ish as it may seem, I think DYE puts out some of the best gear for paintball, just buy the stuff from 2-3 years ago and it even becomes affordable.

captian pinky
02-10-2007, 08:16 AM
i like jt gloves well the old ones playing with the same pair since 2000 :headbang:

StygShore
02-10-2007, 08:23 AM
i like jt gloves well the old ones playing with the same pair since 2000 :headbang:

Oh I still have 3 pairs of them that I use on occasion - usually filling tanks and working in the box at the field. but every one of them has thread coming out on the fingertips or the edge of the palm area now.

Styg

ricwhic414
02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I have a pair of Raven gloves got them for 7 bucks on AV, for the price best gloves ever. They are kinda bulky but they are pretty durable. I just got a pair of evil gloves there nice, not bulky at all. So if you feel like spending more money I would say evil, dye or proto. They all felt the same to me.

punkncat
02-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Soak the gloves in water for a few days, then wash them with some dark clothing. It will take care of the majority of staining...however you generally end up with purplish colored gloves.

robnix
02-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the tips from everyone. I'm going to start with the Dye C4's, found 'em on Ebay for $9.99. I'll see how they work out and go from there.

kruger
02-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I use bicyle gloves. The good ones have a soft padding on the beck, for wiping you nose, but work great for those hand hits. The name brand is Izumi, I think. Very comfortable.

robnix
02-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I use bicyle gloves. The good ones have a soft padding on the beck, for wiping you nose, but work great for those hand hits. The name brand is Izumi, I think. Very comfortable.

I saw those at a local sporting goods store the other day, almost got them.

buzzboy
02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I won a pair of evil gloves that I use a lot but the best thing I have ever used were regular old brown jersey gloves without fingers and a couple sizes big. Close range bounces to the hands rule.

Temo Vryce
02-11-2007, 12:04 AM
If you're gloves are bleeding dye then soak them in salt water. Change it out twice a day. after 2 or 3 days the water will stay clear.

behemoth
02-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Despite what people say, my proto gloves stain my hands something feirce...

Ive found the best remedy though.

Dont wear gloves.

(cant stand wearing gloves, but thats just me.)

d4m4don3
02-11-2007, 12:17 AM
I used to use a pair of weight lifting gloves, but they stained my hands something fierce. I finally bought a pair of dye c6 gloves last december. It's worth it :D

paint magnet
02-11-2007, 12:53 PM
For the money, I'd recommend Mechanix gloves. They work great and you can get them at Lowe's for $15.

nate2k191
02-11-2007, 01:12 PM
i got some sweet JT gloves on ebay for 20 bucks a few years ago, they rock.

robnix
02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
For the money, I'd recommend Mechanix gloves. They work great and you can get them at Lowe's for $15.

Those may be exactly what I'm looking for! I saw some that were similar at Home Depot.

robnix
02-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Despite what people say, my proto gloves stain my hands something feirce...

Ive found the best remedy though.

Dont wear gloves.

(cant stand wearing gloves, but thats just me.)

I have to. I have oily skin, when I sweat things that are made of metal get slick.

Shingo
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Go to Home Depot... I've been using CLC Pro Framer gloves for about a year now and they work great. They're light, durable and don't stain your hands (and my palms sweat a lot). On top of that the middle, pointer and thumbs are cut off so it's 'perfect for PB.

~Shingo~

nathanjones008
02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
who needs cheap gloves?! dont use them it doesnt hurt that bad. only use em if its very cold. :dance:

paint magnet
02-13-2007, 08:12 PM
who needs cheap gloves?! dont use them it doesnt hurt that bad. only use em if its very cold. :dance:

I use the mainly because of the way I dive and slide...I use my free hand to break my fall or move the bunker out of the way. After catching enough rocks and tent stakes to the palm of my hand, I invested in a pair of gloves. They also help when your gun gets slick from splatter or you're moving briars out of the way in woodsball games.

nathanjones008
02-13-2007, 08:55 PM
i know just joshing with you :dance:

latches109
02-13-2007, 10:49 PM

the bike gloves are nice, i use FOX

-Shade-
02-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I recommend baseball gloves. Not a lot of padding, but you get a good, firm grip for a good price. I use Under Armor gloves and they work great.

shartley
02-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Gloves of all price ranges can stain hands. The issue is not how expensive the gloves are but how much dye they uses in them.

What I suggest folks do when they are unhappy about their stained hands is not run out and look for another set of gloves but to take care of the real issue…. the dye in the gloves.

If you take your gloves to your kitchen sink and use either dish washing soap or standard laundry soap and as hot of water you can stand, and WASH the gloves by hand. You will remove the dye that is staining your hands. It will take a few times of washing them like this (do it all at once, just keep at it) and rinsing them in the hot water as well before you remove enough of the dye to prevent staining. But if you keep at it until the water runs clear when wringing them out, your problems will be pretty much solved.

And no, just tossing them into the wash with your gear will NOT do the job.

So…. how much did that just cost you?

Now keep in mind that this does not guarantee that your hands will never get “gray” from time to time. But like I said, this will happen with gloves of all price ranges.

Sometimes the solution isn’t sinking more money into a new item, but fixing the one you already have... unless you just want a new item. ;)

robnix
02-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Gloves of all price ranges can stain hands. The issue is not how expensive the gloves are but how much dye they uses in them.

What I suggest folks do when they are unhappy about their stained hands is not run out and look for another set of gloves but to take care of the real issue…. the dye in the gloves.

If you take your gloves to your kitchen sink and use either dish washing soap or standard laundry soap and as hot of water you can stand, and WASH the gloves by hand. You will remove the dye that is staining your hands. It will take a few times of washing them like this (do it all at once, just keep at it) and rinsing them in the hot water as well before you remove enough of the dye to prevent staining. But if you keep at it until the water runs clear when wringing them out, your problems will be pretty much solved.

And no, just tossing them into the wash with your gear will NOT do the job.

So…. how much did that just cost you?

Now keep in mind that this does not guarantee that your hands will never get “gray” from time to time. But like I said, this will happen with gloves of all price ranges.

Sometimes the solution isn’t sinking more money into a new item, but fixing the one you already have... unless you just want a new item. ;)

I like your solution, and the salt water one, which is what I'm going to try first. I like the gloves I have, they're thin and fit well, so I get a lot of tactile feedback from them.

RavishingEddie
02-14-2007, 11:47 AM
I just got finished using the 07 Invert contact gloves and they are great. Don't stain and took 2 bounces this past weekend. I really recommend those.

Mongoose
02-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Something I don't hear talked about much, gloves. I'm tired of using cheap gloves that stain my hands black. Any thoughts on gloves? I'm looking for something not too heavy, padding not needed, stain free.

i go to pep boys and buy the mech gloves, they are great!!!...CHEAP and DONT STAIN your hands..also have a great feel and grip...did i mention they are cheap...i prefer to spend my money on mags not gloves!! and they also come in different colors

Paintchucker
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Those may be exactly what I'm looking for! I saw some that were similar at Home Depot.

I got a pair of gray ones... They look like paintball gloves! :D

Jaan
02-16-2007, 12:45 AM
i go to pep boys and buy the mech gloves, they are great!!!...CHEAP and DONT STAIN your hands..also have a great feel and grip...did i mention they are cheap...i prefer to spend my money on mags not gloves!! and they also come in different colorsI might also mention the "Mechanix" brand of gloves although unless you find them on clearance or sale they're not any cheaper than standard paintball gloves. The ones I've seen most often used for paintball are the "M-Pact" ones that have very good protection for the back of the hand and the knuckles.

M-Pact Gloves (http://garage.mechanix.com/detail.aspx?ID=2)

Mongoose
02-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I might also mention the "Mechanix" brand of gloves although unless you find them on clearance or sale they're not any cheaper than standard paintball gloves. The ones I've seen most often used for paintball are the "M-Pact" ones that have very good protection for the back of the hand and the knuckles.

M-Pact Gloves (http://garage.mechanix.com/detail.aspx?ID=2)

i purchased my mech gloves for 7.99, thats cheap for a pair of gloves that do not stain your hands and last a long time!!!
Also that website is overpriced...they are alot cheaper at a lowes or pep boys

turbo chicken
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
i still like my fingerless el cheapo walmart special jt's ... didn't stain my hands ... not as cool looking but they serve their purpose ... keeping the skin in my hands intact