PDA

View Full Version : solenoid problems

danny23917
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
after all the bs, misdiagnosed problems i thought i had because im just learning mags, i have come to the conclusion my gun is leaking b/c my solenoid wont recharge. i take off the grips of my emag and push the noid back up with my finger, then i gas up the gun, shoot and it leaks or shoots full auto like because the noid stays down. does this mean i need a new noid or could it be something else??

BigEvil
02-11-2007, 12:22 PM
If the noid is pulling down then it is working, the on/off pin isnt reseting the sear for some reason. Sometimes the plungers and sear get bent so they dont move freely. There should be no resistance on it (With it degassed). It should move perfectly freely.

danny23917
02-11-2007, 12:38 PM
btw this is on mech mode...e mode doesnt want to shoot at all

p8ntbal4me
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
btw this is on mech mode...e mode doesnt want to shoot at all

Had the same trouble with my emag. Take ur valve apart and clean. Re-lube everything with the correct grease on o-rings and re-oil. Put valve back together.

Check the solenoid like BE said,.. had this goin on in my Micro E-Mag as well,...

The issue with the e-mode only not working ususally means you got paint or grime up into the HES sensor, behind the trigger due to a finger shot, or your trigger magnet in the middle of the trigger that the HES gets its signal from is not adjusted properly. (get some Q-tips for this cleaning,... or you can use wide shoelaces from shoes like Airwalks,... run it between the trigger and the trigger mode selector switch like dental floss <----- hey! it works! :D )

Unscrew the middle magnet in the trigger out a ways,.. turn gun on,... pull trigger. If it fires you are okay,.. re-adjust to trigger pull length desired.

Gun does not fire? Screw in magnet bit by bit till it fires,... now back it out a quarter turn. You should be okay with that spacing. My biggest issue for me was that my set screw for the HES magnest was moving after a weekend of play,... so the next time I ran my gun like a rampaging mad man she didnt want to work anymore. It was the screw moving back toward the gun and HES. Once you get the magnet set for you,.. you might want to take it back out and locktite it in place. It means you will have to fight it to get it to move again,.... which I did not do,.. but for you that might be the way to go.

What I do now is run through a gun check list the day before play on what needs to be adjusted before I play. Meaning I leave my mag apart till the day before I play which gives me time to re-clean, re-lube, and mount things the way they need to be before the day of play. Its during this time I check my magnets and such. I have (or should say HAD) a bad habit of putting all my guns in the tote and shutting the lid till the next day of play,... which could be up to a month! (I know I know,.. bad MAGGER,... bad bad MAGGER!!)

Now I got little check lists for every gun I have which prevents me from leaving dirt and grime on the guns for more than a few hours.

If you dont like the loc-tite idea,.. change ur gun maintenance methods for the pre and post game day.

Oh,.. one more thing,.. what software version are you running?? AGD 1.37, 3.2 XMOD??

danny23917
02-12-2007, 01:44 PM
i have 3.2 software...thanks for your helpv im gonig to try all of those things now!

danny23917
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
ok final diagnosis....
1) the noid will not recharge
2)the electro mode only works when there is no air in the gun

ARRHHGGHGGH i think i ve tried everything (including all of the solutions listed here) someone pleaase help me!!

p8ntbal4me
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
ok final diagnosis....

ARRHHGGHGGH i think i ve tried everything (including all of the solutions listed here) someone pleaase help me!!

Do me a favor. Get a multimeter and test the voltage of the battery on the E-Mag.

It should be showing (no less than) 16.8VDC after you take it off the charger.

If you want to get it up to 18VDC,.. charge it,.. then check the voltage again. If its not 18,.. put it back on the charger for another hour and you should be near 18VDC.

Your solenoid needs to have more than 14volts (someone correct me if Im wrong) to get the solenoid to run properly. If you cant get that,.. your battery needs replacing. I bought a Micro E-Mag last year and had to replace the battery,.. it was all corroted and not holding more than 10 volts. They do wear out,.. so check the entire battery over for damage.

If the electro only mode does not work with air to the gun,.. then it does not work at all. If you hear the solenoid clicking but it does not work with air on the gun,.. that means your voltage is probley low.

Another thing to check is the leads from the solenoid to the board. Make sure that they are not ripped off and only hanging on by 1 or 2 strands. Best results come from a good connection.

Try that and let us know!

p8ntbal4me
02-18-2007, 11:35 PM
ok final diagnosis....

Any luck with this yet????