PDA

View Full Version : Reative X-Valve?

imwlw83
02-11-2007, 03:10 PM
I have read the thread on the ULT and it was very informative. Matter off fact it gave me the nerve to adjust my own. My ULE was new from AGD, level 10, ULT. I was under the impression that the ULT was supposed to adjusted from the factory but to my dismay it wasnt. I also have a tac-one that i got used, and the trigger is reative, very sweet and thats what i wanted the ULE to do. So to make a long story short, I added 3 ULT shims to the 2 that AGD had already installed and the trigger is sweet like the Tac one. It is even reactive. I bring this up because when I called AGD and talked to a tech he said that X valves are not supposed to be reactive.

Now to the question, will my trigger being adjusted to be reactive cause any damage, and am I doing anything wrong by setting it that way. And like I said before, I have 5 ULT shimms installed and it is sweet.

Any Info would be appreciated.

Automags :headbang:

Coralis
02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Nope it shouldnt cause any damage , enjoy

imwlw83
02-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Cool thanks for the reply, It really shoots sweet, ran 500 balls through without a snag, dang i love that mag.

cptnmorgan
02-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Cool thanks for the reply, It really shoots sweet, ran 500 balls through without a snag, dang i love that mag.

What shims are ou talking about? where are they located? i plan to purchase and RT custom but i want to make it bbounce, the people at automag said it will not bounce and that i will chop paint even with the lvl x, i personaly think he was talkin out his azz bbut anyway... i keep reading abobut it and lookin at my curent mag and i cant figure out what shims everyone is talking abobut? is it in the trigger, in the bbolt?

imwlw83
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I understand how you feel, when i was reading up on this i had information overload. Bear with me, if you go to airgun designs web site and download the RT ULE Manual (http://www.airgun.com/downloads/RT-ULE.Tac-One.Manual.pdf) . Look at the break down, find item 20. That is the on/off valve. It is the standard and not the ULT one. Now go to air gun designs and look in the upgrade section and find the ULE Trigger Pull Kit (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=358&categoryID=9) , that is what replaces item 20. If you notice from the picture, it separates into 2 haves and you can add shims. By adding shims , which you will do to tune the ULT you can make the trigger pull easier. I put 5 shims in mine, i can walk the trigger, it has alittle bounce, but thats not to important if you can walk the trigger anyway. Now, my wife's Tac-one doesnt have the ult kit, she has more bounce and the trigger is reactive. I cant walk the trigger on the Tac-one but its reactive. I dont fire it that way, but it has a nice bounce and you can really lay down some paint. I hope this helped, there is a good thread on the tuneing the ULT. I was sort of worried myself, but be careful, and its a piece of cake.