PDA

View Full Version : Classic RTs

Evil1
02-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know approximately how many classic rts were made with the euro feed system instead of a normal power feed?

Evil1
02-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Nobody? Maybe Mr.Kaye himself could field this one? I saw a classic rt at a field way back with the euro feed and saw one in some paintball mag yeras ago with the euro feed but mine and all the others I've seen have a normal power feed.

trevorjk
02-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Nobody? Maybe Mr.Kaye himself could field this one? I saw a classic rt at a field way back with the euro feed and saw one in some paintball mag yeras ago with the euro feed but mine and all the others I've seen have a normal power feed.

euro feed is just that, a european style body produced by AGDE which is AGD Europe. which from what i understand is pretty much a completely different business then AGD here in the states.

if you want an accurate count on the bodies made in Euro style. you would probably have to get in touch with anyone that works/worked at AGDE

minimag03
02-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Actually they were made in the US when the RT first became available to the public. It was listed as a feature. Then customers started complaining about mag chopping (I know, that never happens :rolleyes:). AGD traced the problem to the Eurofeed and started making RTs with regular style powerfeeds.

AGD
02-17-2007, 07:49 PM
There were only a few hundred and we took most of them back and traded them for standard power feeds. I would say they are very rare in circulation. I just scrapped more than 50 of them that we had sitting around.

Bound to be a rare collectible in the future.

AGD

Lenny
02-17-2007, 10:10 PM
In a previous thread (I believe) the chopping could have been associated with the powerfeed plug not being made to the right specs.

Can anyone back me up on this?

minimag03
02-17-2007, 10:12 PM
It could have been the powerfeed plugs. They resigned them several years ago.

REDRT
02-18-2007, 02:31 AM
The darn thing was too fast for anything available at the time to feed it. It chopped like a blender. Way before LVL10. Had the Classic RT came after LVL10 I'd bet AGD wouldn't have ever been associated with chopping in the first place. The redesigned power feed plug only smoothed out the ramp to the beach. It didn't help all that much. Atleast not enough to matter. The normal PF bodies if you where getting low on paint it sometimes blew the paintballs clean up the pf into the hopper making a heck of a mess. I even broke a hopper body once because of this and "proball". From what I understand the euro bodies were even worse chopping wise because there wasn't the full weight of the ball stack holding the balls down. The idea for the euro power feed was to sweap the hopper out of the way for better aiming I guess. Today with something like a halo it should work well. But back in the 9v/12v revy days it sucked pretty bad.

p8ntbal4me
02-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Okay,.. first things first.

TK posted on the post,.... that in itself made my night!

Second,... there is one of these floating around on ebay,.... one of the ones that came in a custom anno (purple I think)

$800.00 was the BIN I think,... looking for the link. Will post it if I find,.. but will be in the "Buy/Sell Section" <----- rules are rules! LOL!

REDRT
02-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Okay,.. first things first.

TK posted on the post,.... that in itself made my night!

Second,... there is one of these floating around on ebay,.... one of the ones that came in a custom anno (purple I think)

$800.00 was the BIN I think,... looking for the link. Will post it if I find,.. but will be in the "Buy/Sell Section" <----- rules are rules! LOL!

Way too much money! A classic is a classic. Their value isn't up their like that. Between the cost of new, plus the upgrades I'd guess I have 1500 in my Splash RT. You can get them for $250 and even less these days. :cry:

The splash anodized RTs came red, blue, purple and green. Red and blue are the most common. $800 is about what they were new! I'd suggest waiting for a better deal

p8ntbal4me
02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Way too much money! A classic is a classic. Their value isn't up their like that. Between the cost of new, plus the upgrades I'd guess I have 1500 in my Splash RT. You can get them for $250 and even less these days. :cry:

The splash anodized RTs came red, blue, purple and green. Red and blue are the most common. $800 is about what they were new! I'd suggest waiting for a better deal

I wasnt saying that it was a good price to pay. Personally, I would pay that for an original splash R/T only because I collect a bit. You are correct about the price they are going for, but those people are trying to move the guns to buy new ones. I think the guy who ownes this one ownes a store and knows what its worth new.

Hes asking the original buying price. Which by rights is a deal. Not so if you weigh the cost of a newer gun to it obviously,.. but its not like hes asking 1500 for it!!!

Just my 2 cents.

REDRT
02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Personally, I would pay that for an original splash R/T only because I collect a bit....

Hes asking the original buying price. Which by rights is a deal.

Your insane, but I'll call you for sure if I ever sell my stuff. ;)

snoopay700
02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Actually they were made in the US when the RT first became available to the public. It was listed as a feature. Then customers started complaining about mag chopping (I know, that never happens :rolleyes:). AGD traced the problem to the Eurofeed and started making RTs with regular style powerfeeds.
My understanding is that the ones over here were made incorrectly and they fixed it, but people still didn't trust it. However they didn't have feed problems on the other side of the atlantic and thus kept the design (though i like the normal powerfeed look better).

If i'm wrong, then someone please correct me, but i remember reading that somewhere.

Evil1
02-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I still have the old feed plug in mine. When it worked before the sear got screwed up, I used a halo B on it and it didn't chop but it broke a ball in the barrel. I sent an MO for a new sear the other day. I am actually going to use my rt in walk ons and woodsball this season. It is going to be warp fed and have a halo b on it and an old school purple and gold splash sp all american barrel complete with an old metal detent. I always thought the euros looked cool and wondered why they werent around.