PDA

View Full Version : Micro E-mag disassembly for anodizing (need help)

DoritoBandito77
02-12-2007, 10:31 PM
1. ball detent pin removal. (this is PTP micro mag specific)
Does anyone know if that pin needs to be tapped out from the top down or from the bottom up?

2. battery ground post in frame (standard E-mag I assume)
the ball pin that sticks out the bottom of the frame to make ground contact to the battery. Can I just tap that out from the top? Or should I just have the anno guys mask that off so it doesn’t get coated?

Thanks in advance for the knowledge

athomas
02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
1. ball detent pin removal. (this is PTP micro mag specific)
Does anyone know if that pin needs to be tapped out from the top down or from the bottom up?

2. battery ground post in frame (standard E-mag I assume)
the ball pin that sticks out the bottom of the frame to make ground contact to the battery. Can I just tap that out from the top? Or should I just have the anno guys mask that off so it doesn’t get coated?

Thanks in advance for the knowledgeAll non-metal parts should be removed if possible. The annodize procedure will disolve non-aluminum metals. Don't forget about the metal body insert where the bolt spring goes. If you can't get it out, have it masked off with a laquer or something similar.

The ball detent pin can pe punched out in either direction. It is just a simple split pin which is non directional.

DoritoBandito77
02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
All non-metal parts should be removed if possible. The annodize procedure will disolve non-aluminum metals. Don't forget about the metal body insert where the bolt spring goes. If you can't get it out, have it masked off with a laquer or something similar.

The ball detent pin can pe punched out in either direction. It is just a simple split pin which is non directional.

How do you remove the "metal body insert" i didn't even think about that.

athomas
02-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I think you have to knock it out from the front. I have one but I haven't checked myself, so I can't say for sure. It may be best if you have it laquered just to protect it.

flyingpootang
02-13-2007, 11:11 PM
PTP bodies don't have the metal ring. The ULE/emag bodies have a retaining ring that holds in the metal ring. The ball detent pin can be remoed from the top to bottom with the proper size pin punch from your local hardware/tool store. The grounding screw taps out from the top. Any metal needs to be removed or it will cause etching in the anno.

athomas
02-14-2007, 06:51 AM
The micromag bodies don't have insert with the retaining ring like the ULE bodies. They have an insert that is pressed in.

DoritoBandito77
02-14-2007, 06:58 PM
well i have the ground contact out now as well as the detent.

there is a small un-annodized insert that the bolt spring would but up against, but i don't see how i would get it out. I will ask gruntball about it before shipping.

thanks guys