PDA

View Full Version : Mag guys shouldn't complain

GT
02-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Lets face it I have been bored out of my mind. The weather in Houston has sucked since 12/28; the last day I played golf. It has been raining or butt freezing cold for over a month. My last 2 MS150 training rides consisted of a 35 degree ride with a 20mph head wind and yesterday I enjoyed a 40 degree day in the rain. Both rides have left me with very cold toes and a real apperciation for the 100+ degree summer.

So I decided two weeks ago that I should start poking around paintball again. In preperation of clearer skies I decide to take a look at cockers; inpart becuase I can't find a half desent (read here as: retail price) on a slug body, don't get me started this has really lit my shorts on fire, like SP on AGD and WGP on CCM, yes that mad!!. To fullfill my cocker needs I find a beautiful Revenge V2. If you have never shot a Revenge see if you can, they are pure butter. There are very few mech guns that can "out quality" a revenge, from performace to asthetics, they are one of the best. A bud of mine owns a revenge and I have lusted over his for a few years. I have played with it nemerous times; its dam consistant and reliable to boot. I thought it might just be that his is nice, I was wrong they are all, revenges, really nice. Funny thing is this guy shoots it all day, or lets someone else, and then just tosses it in his bag. No oil or even a wipe down for 3 years, although he treats his mags like I do, pieces to be worshiped, lol.

I get this new revenge in, oh forgot to mention it has been played with so few times the bolt has next to no wear and I bought it from the orginal owner. Don't get me wrong it is a sexy gun but I guess I have owned mags for so long that anything that is not black or chrome makes me nervous; kind of like one step closer to wearing a pink polo shirt. I decided I may want to sell or trade the gun if the price is right. It's in the classifeds for anyone that is intrested.

I then decide that this Revenge pimpmaster has to go, mind you I still want a cocker. I scoure the net for a few days looking for aftermarket bodies. I want something light and kinda rare. Bingo I score a brand new Jackal RDL. It doesnt get anymore custom than this. One of, if not, the lightest cocker body on the planet, and its new and raw...... ready for some slick anno and cool parts. Parts........ this is where mag guys shouldn't complain..

I started looking for new parts last night. I run around the web as usual and find a few and I mean like 3 places that still carry cocker parts. I couldn't believe it. WGP has been making cockers for what 20 years? In less than 2 years since the purchase of WGP by K2 I can't find more than 3 types of front block kits? Trust me its not just limited to front blocks, but bolts, trigger frames, valves, cocking rods, pump arms, rams, springs etc..

It has gotten so bad that it is hard to find stock WGP parts. I guess someone out there carries stock cocker parts, I just havn't found them. Its kinda scary how little time it takes to make something so popular completly disappear. Thankfully we have guys like Plamer who still makes this stuff that is reasoniblly prices and very high quality (besales wants nearly 200 for thier front block kit and PPS is about 140 :wow: ).

In short; don't ***** about the lack of AGD parts. We have it a lot better than 'cocker guys right now. That may change as mechs become more of a niche market and small companies come out of the works again making runs of small parts. If you currently own a cocker, not to worry as wearable parts, orings etc., will always be availble and then there is always Palmer who makes good stuff. Just don't count on having the litany of choices we all once had.....

nate2k191
02-12-2007, 11:22 PM
mag parts aren't really hard to find. some, like the UMF and karta bodies are just rare... and expensive. good luck finding your cocker parts, i'm sure they're out there somewhere.

see you at AO-TX (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208973) :headbang:

jenarelJAM
02-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Ah, but by contrast, have you seen the availability of aftermarket parts for the ion? :D

/Meant it as a joke, but it's kinda sad actually...

d4m4don3
02-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Parts for cockers are still pretty common around here in the Inland Empire, after all WGP was partly based out here for awhile, wasn't it?

trevorjk
02-13-2007, 12:58 AM
psh, i dont think its been above 15 degrees in the last 2 weeks up here :D

Duzzy
02-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Try Compulsive Paintball.

turbo chicken
02-13-2007, 07:08 AM
if i had a cocker palmer would be all over it ... the only way to go ... just browser PBN ... there's lotsa parts over there ... nut not new ...