PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag News?

Mercenario
02-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Hi David,

We are still continuing to develop the frame and expect to have it out by Spring. Your name is on the list to notify as we have additional updates available. Thanks.

Regards,

Forest
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 10:42 AM
To: sales@proteamproducts.com
Subject: Pneumatic Frame

I am curious as to what is the current development of the Pneumatic frame convertion for the Automag. Is it still being developed? What is the price range?

Please advice as I was following the advancement of the project as close as I could and would love to have some feedback on the situation.

Thank you in advance for your responce.

So, in my inmense curiosity as to when the heck, IF ever, this thing would become available I emailed PTP to find out what was the status on the product and to my amazement :ninja: that was their response.

Note: I don't know that it is old news or not I tried a search and didn't come up with anyting since Mid '06. :(

Edit: Any new info RRFireblade :D

trevorjk
02-13-2007, 02:48 AM
RR did hint at making a small run for the mags, but i believe the main goal for ptp was to make it for the autococker? please verify this info?

anyways, IF it does come out, that would be very nice :D

warbeak2099
02-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Jay did hint that PTP was going to make the versions for other guns first.

Mercenario
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

Banshee23
02-13-2007, 12:17 PM
RR did hint at making a small run for the mags, but i believe the main goal for ptp was to make it for the autococker? please verify this info?

anyways, IF it does come out, that would be very nice :D

PTP is licensing out their patent to WGP/K2 so they can produce a pneumatic frame for the cocker. I don't believe PTP will actually be producing them for the cocker themselves. This is good news for mag owners, now the question is do I pick one up or continue to use my homemade one :)

Shingo
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I emailed PTP 2004, 2005 and last year... and each time they said they were coming out with a frame in a few month. Over a year later since their last response and still nothing. I won’t beleive it until I see the first frame is sold, viewed pics of internals, viewed specs with drawings, tested on the field then put on ebay.

Factory (PTP) made PneuMag Frames are myths. They dont exist and and doubt they ever will. Jay will be the only one that will actually have one (or possibly two). The only PneuMag frames you'll find are DIY frames that tinkerers slap together. Although current DIY frames work well, Jay claims they can't compare in performance to his design.

But keep dreaming... maybe someday your dream may come true.

~Shingo~

Chronobreak
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
well forrest responded to your e-mail

i guess that is a good sign, since the project was halted because of him.

jay is too busy in his cave, or atleast he BETTER BE! :ninja:
--jay also no longer works for ptp...

pneu frames from ptp would likely be for almost every gun or licenesed out for other guns.

Mercenario
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Chronobreak]well forrest responded to your e-mail

[QUOTE]

Is that the benefit of the doubt or wishful thinking? :D

I agree, but after following this for so long and getting my hopes up, then down (repeatedly) it's kinda discouraging...

On another note, if these frames work so well would it be possible to achieve 15bps+?
Wouldn't it be kind of weird if they weren't field legal because some one can walk past 15bps? Well, I guess electro's would be capable of it also and they are still "legal", and I'm not even going to the whole ramping "dilemma" :rolleyes:

Chronobreak
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=Chronobreak]well forrest responded to your e-mail

[QUOTE]

Is that the benefit of the doubt or wishful thinking? :D

I agree, but after following this for so long and getting my hopes up, then down (repeatedly) it's kinda discouraging...

On another note, if these frames work so well would it be possible to achieve 15bps+?
Wouldn't it be kind of weird if they weren't field legal because some one can walk past 15bps? Well, I guess electro's would be capable of it also and they are still "legal", and I'm not even going to the whole ramping "dilemma" :rolleyes:

jay(rrfireblade) has claimed 34 FULL cycles(limited by valve) presumably if it didnt chop a lvl7 could get more

i would assume the trigger would be legal as long as its not sweetspotting or rapid firing or something. it would be as legal or more than almost any electro these days.

i wouldnt be surprised if mech elagues started distinguishing btwn assisted and NON assited mechs should these become popular for mags or other guns.

ptp has given soft deadlines and all have passed now by atleast a year. Some parts are apparently not off the shelf and must be custom made.(different than home mods)

almost everyone who really wanted one has done a diy mod by now. i dont see those people buying those unles the performance is really that big of a difference.

and whynot just at this point make a fully e-pneumatic frame? then you got the modes everyone wants these days, and a way to take full advantage of the mags potential.

:sleeping:

trevorjk
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
well forrest responded to your e-mail

jay(rrfireblade) has claimed 34 FULL cycles(limited by valve) presumably if it didnt chop a lvl7 could get more

i would assume the trigger would be legal as long as its not sweetspotting or rapid firing or something. it would be as legal or more than almost any electro these days.

i wouldnt be surprised if mech elagues started distinguishing btwn assisted and NON assited mechs should these become popular for mags or other guns.

ptp has given soft deadlines and all have passed now by atleast a year. Some parts are apparently not off the shelf and must be custom made.(different than home mods)

almost everyone who really wanted one has done a diy mod by now. i dont see those people buying those unles the performance is really that big of a difference.

and whynot just at this point make a fully e-pneumatic frame? then you got the modes everyone wants these days, and a way to take full advantage of the mags potential.

:sleeping:

the whole point of the pnuematic frame was to NOT have the electronics... how ever, even on the home mods it is extremely easy to retrofit an electric solenoid and a board.

RRfireblade
02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Where to start and keep it simple . . .

The PTP version has always been a possibilty , still is. When ? No one knows. It'll have to be me to get it going but only if I get full support from PTP in doing so. I've put far too much wasted effort in it already and due to PTPs licencing agreements I myself cannot produce one without them (PTP retains full Patent rights in all licensings) , believe me if I could I would have done so LONG LONG AGO.

PTP is getting over some real tough 'internal' problems that have halted new development of almost all new product for quite some time now. They are begining to get over that now but I'd say they are not there yet.

So . . . Right now the Pneu stuff is , as it has been , back burnered for an undetermined amount of time. Forest has always been the optomist but I , have to be a realist and say that you'd expect to see a production frame probably 3-6 months min 'after' some one officially posts it as being back on progress. Right now it is not.

That's pretty much it. ;)

Mercenario
02-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Where to start and keep it simple . . .

The PTP version has always been a possibilty , still is. When ? No one knows. It'll have to be me to get it going but only if I get full support from PTP in doing so. I've put far too much wasted effort in it already and due to PTPs licencing agreements I myself cannot produce one without them (PTP retains full Patent rights in all licensings) , believe me if I could I would have done so LONG LONG AGO.

PTP is getting over some real tough 'internal' problems that have halted new development of almost all new product for quite some time now. They are begining to get over that now but I'd say they are not there yet.

So . . . Right now the Pneu stuff is , as it has been , back burnered for an undetermined amount of time. Forest has always been the optomist but I , have to be a realist and say that you'd expect to see a production frame probably 3-6 months min 'after' some one officially posts it as being back on progress. Right now it is not.

That's pretty much it. ;)

:(

Shingo
02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I still think an official factory built PneuMag Frame is a myth.

Jay, I think your PneuMag counts as a DIY PneuMag since it was technically built by you and not mass produced... so ALL PneuMags are DIY! So how about sharing some pics of your PneuMag's internals? :wow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

~Shingo~

RRfireblade
02-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I still think an official factory built PneuMag Frame is a myth.

Jay, I think your PneuMag counts as a DIY PneuMag since it was technically built by you and not mass produced... so ALL PneuMags are DIY! So how about sharing some pics of your PneuMag's internals? :wow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

~Shingo~

Depends on what you consider production. ;)

I've built 4-5 mags , 3 cockers and 3-4 blowbacks of 'produciton' quality but , yeah . . . your pretty much right regardless. :cry: