PDA

View Full Version : Gosh Darn I Feel Old

Lenny
02-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Two friends of mine that I went to high school with just had their first kid. His name is Dylan. He was 6 weeks premature, but is healthy and will be comming home soon.

...But damn! I feel so old! And I'm only 19! I mean, I feel like I'm my dad's age right now. I really can't explain it, but it blows me away! Anyone know what I mean?

And it really makes you think, y'know? Like, ten years from now, Dylan will be part of our "old" stories we tell. I'll only be 29. In 21 years, he'll be joining us at the bars, and he'll no longer just be part of our stories, he'll be reliving them with us. And I'll only be 40 then. And by then, I'll probably be married and have my own kids. And these first 20 years of my life just flew by. :tard:

God. I'll tell ya, nothing will make you feel as old as having a child, or having a friend your age having a child. And nothing will tell you better that your own childhood really is over. It's almost kind of sad.

But hey, Dylan will be a cool kid. And I'm really happy for them. And hopefully 40 won't come too quickly. ;)

Oldest Sage
02-13-2007, 06:18 AM
40 will come quickly but you're life won't be over. You should be able to take him paintballing yet. Hell, in a few years I'll be taking my grandkids to play a few games. :p

Altimas
02-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Im the same way, I'm 29 and the first of all my high school friends to have a kid and I feel like a paw paw..

billybob_81067
02-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Hell I'm 21 and have a two year old of my own, PLUS my wife's 6 year old girl that I adopted. If you feel old for having a friend that had a kid imagine how I feel? :-P

Oh well, by the time they're out of the house I'll still be under 40 and have a lot of life left to live. Also I'll get to enjoy watching my grandkids grow up and maybe even my great grandkids unless I die young somehow.

You just watch, I'll probably die before the kids are even completely out of the house by some freakish accident... :ninja:

grEnAlEins
02-13-2007, 10:54 AM
I know what you mean Lenny... In a few months I official turn old :( (20 :D ).

tech-chan
02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
I feel for you, but thats no reason to swear in the title...

NotKai
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Had friends with kids while in high school.

ahellers
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
DONT TRUST ANYONE OVER 30!!!!!!!!
I duno, im 20 married, almost not married, Sometimes I feel like getting old is comming to fast, but I dont get depressed about it.
t

Lenny
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, I know I have nothing to compare with many of you, but it just blows me away. Last year we were in schoolgoofing around and playing pranks and such, and now, BAM! Theyhave a family. It's crazy.

I feel for you, but thats no reason to swear in the title...
Y'know, I could've said "dang"and meant the same thing... Just like the "S" word and "poo poo" mean the exact same thing. I don't believe in swear words.

Bad_Dog
02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
you feel old? I feel old! I used to surf this forum back in highschool, now I'm stuck in college with no cash to feed the mag!

does anybody even remember me? :confused:

going_home
02-13-2007, 09:51 PM
you feel old? I feel old! I used to surf this forum back in highschool, now I'm stuck in college with no cash to feed the mag!

Dont cry to me about old. I'm staring down the barrel of 50.
And April is coming waaaayyyyy to fast. :(

Lenny
02-14-2007, 12:43 AM

Ha ha. Same here. Note my join date.

tech-chan
02-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Im not worried about me, Im worried about all the little newbs that are in awe of mags. Don't crush thier admiration!