PDA

View Full Version : To my fellow teens...

grEnAlEins
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Please stop shooting people. :(
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070213/ap_on_re_us/utah_shooting

What is heck is this trash all about? I am a (proud) firearm owner, and the thought of killing another human being has never even crossed my mind. I just cannot wrap my head around what would compel someone to go on a shooting spree, especially a random one. :confused:

Altimas
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I donno what drives people to do this, its insane sometimes to see what some people will do in this world.

maxama10
02-13-2007, 10:33 PM
This really hits close to home; we used to go there all the time. Unbelievable

FARMER00
02-13-2007, 11:14 PM
i am also a proud gun owner i wouldnt point a gun at anything other then a target or a animal (with the proper tags)

tbizzle0
02-14-2007, 01:50 AM
wow, this just baffles me. i'll be 21 in may, so i'm not much older than this guy. man, i remember that age. just out of high school, totally psyched on starting my life and making a future for myself. and now, i'm almost to another milestone (bars, here i come :cool: )

man, i can't think of what would drive someone this young to throw it all away and end their life so early.

Jimmykaboots
02-14-2007, 02:03 AM
maybe he just wanted attention? being a teen myself I sometimes strive for some attention too, but to do something this rash is unnecessary. To take away lives of others, if he wanted to shoot someone why doesn't he take up paintballing...

FooTemps
02-14-2007, 02:44 AM
maybe he just wanted attention? being a teen myself I sometimes strive for some attention too, but to do something this rash is unnecessary. To take away lives of others, if he wanted to shoot someone why doesn't he take up paintballing...

attention is something easily earned (example: music, art, speech, sports... personally I dance)... it really does perplex me as to how someone will reach the conclusion of killing for attention.

still, cold blooded killing like that is disgusting...

bornl33t
02-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Thank goodness for a CCW un the state of Utah. This is why concel carry permits are GOOD. Bad guys will always have guns, good guys may not some day. What will you do then? Talk about a deer in the headlights.

govnamac
02-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Thank goodness for a CCW un the state of Utah. This is why concel carry permits are GOOD. Bad guys will always have guns, good guys may not some day. What will you do then? Talk about a deer in the headlights.

It was an off duty cop that confronted him, not a civilian. CCW laws don't really matter here.

grEnAlEins
02-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I feel sorry for the cop that shot him. It cannot be easy to do, even under these circumstances. This man is probably going to have problems coping for the rest of his life. As to the question of motivation, I am thinking that it could have been a police assisted suicide now that I think about it. That makes me sick :(

warbeak2099
02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
And that's why I'm getting a concealed carry license as soon as possible. Bad guys starts something, I'll finish it with a .45 ACP to his damn, stupid head.

bornl33t
02-14-2007, 04:52 PM
It was an off duty cop that confronted him, not a civilian. CCW laws don't really matter here.

yeah, but no. Even cops have to have a CCW to carry. I had a cop in my CCW course.

slade
02-14-2007, 04:54 PM
a while ago some kid just started randomly talking to me about how he used to sell guns illegally until he was caught.

for some reason, the screwups and drugdealers just start talking to me based on how i look, even though im a straightedge and straight A student.

warbeak2099
02-14-2007, 05:28 PM
a while ago some kid just started randomly talking to me about how he used to sell guns illegally until he was caught.

for some reason, the screwups and drugdealers just start talking to me based on how i look, even though im a straightedge and straight A student.

Use the knowledge as leverage and become an armed to the teeth vigilante superhero like Charles Bronson in Deathwish.... and Deathwish 2, Deathwish 3, Deathwish 4..., Deathwish 10, Deathwish 11..., Deathwish 251....

grEnAlEins
02-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Use the knowledge as leverage and become an armed to the teeth vigilante superhero like Charles Bronson in Deathwish.... and Deathwish 2, Deathwish 3, Deathwish 4..., Deathwish 10, Deathwish 11..., Deathwish 251....
Or like in Frailty? :spit_take

Are we like super heroes daddy?
Yes, we are....

maxama10
02-14-2007, 09:04 PM
The point still stands.

bentothejam1n
02-14-2007, 10:32 PM

pics or shens
:D

slade
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
pics or shens
:D
pictures of me, pictures of some random druggie talking to me, pictures of some random gun dealer talking to me, video of some random druggie talking about how he got drunk and put out 21 cigarettes on his hand, video of the same random druggie talking about how hes so mentally screwed up he has visions, video of some random high druggie struggling for 20 minutes while trying to learn how to repel in rock climbing class, video of the same random druggie asking me to look at his pupils... when the guy he's belaying is half way up the wall, video of the ambulance carrying the girl to the hospital after falling unconscious because she drank too much in the woods behind the school, video of the guy who gave her the alcohol freaking out because he fled the scene and was probably going to get kicked out of the school...

/too bad i dont carry a videocamera, or youtube would have a few more videos.

calebh
02-16-2007, 12:00 AM
pictures of me, pictures of some random druggie talking to me, pictures of some random gun dealer talking to me, video of some random druggie talking about how he got drunk and put out 21 cigarettes on his hand, video of the same random druggie talking about how hes so mentally screwed up he has visions, video of some random high druggie struggling for 20 minutes while trying to learn how to repel in rock climbing class, video of the same random druggie asking me to look at his pupils... when the guy he's belaying is half way up the wall, video of the ambulance carrying the girl to the hospital after falling unconscious because she drank too much in the woods behind the school, video of the guy who gave her the alcohol freaking out because he fled the scene and was probably going to get kicked out of the school...

/too bad i dont carry a videocamera, or youtube would have a few more videos.

lol we'll turn your life into a reality TV series, k?