PDA

View Full Version : ya know what I heard...

G Squat
02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Rumor: Tom Kaye helped in designing the Invert Mini.

Source: PMI representative.

My thoughts: Makes me even happier to own a Mini. If it is a true descendant of the Mag.

It really isnt that hard to believe. There were rumors a while ago that Tom was involved in some "new crazy" gun. Body/rail/frame/front battery pack/blow forward spring return... Mags and Minis have both.

nathanjones008
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
i will believe it when i see it (tom tells us so.) i think tom is completely finish with paintball forever.

BigEvil
02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
They would work if TK had a hand in it... :rofl: j/k

Mercenario
02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
:clap:

ricwhic414
02-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't mean to thread jack but are they still having problems with the Mini, and are they still producing them. Or are they waiting tell they fix everything to start production again.

d4m4don3
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't mean to thread jack but are they still having problems with the Mini, and are they still producing them. Or are they waiting tell they fix everything to start production again.

Mines been working like a champ now since I got it back. Had to tighten my solenoid screws since i took it apart. :tard: Didn't realize they were loose until I took it out a 2nd time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We need tom to chime in on this. Did he work on it?

geekwarrior
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM

they really only had board problems on the first batch...at least as far as I;m aware of. They still arent putting alot out there...but the new ones with the 1.2 board are suppose to be good. I think alot of the other issues are user issues, and people not knowing how to set up/ tech a marker.

Mine shoots great. :clap:

Banshee23
02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Rumor: Tom Kaye helped in designing the Invert Mini.

Source: PMI representative.

My thoughts: Makes me even happier to own a Mini. If it is a true descendant of the Mag.

It really isnt that hard to believe. There were rumors a while ago that Tom was involved in some "new crazy" gun. Body/rail/frame/front battery pack/blow forward spring return... Mags and Minis have both.

I call shens... TK hasn't been involved in any new PB projects in a while from what I've seen from his posts. Plus, the mini & the mag are in no way related except for the basic look. Manike helped design the x-mag & he designed the Mini. (edit: NM, Manike apparently didn't design the Mini) So any similarities in look are due to him, not TK. I'd be great if he did start designing new stuff, but his time seems to be devoted to lots of other stuff now.

don miguel
02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
If only the mini's could work mechanically and electronically. I have seen the mini close up (where am i?) owns one, and I get to play with his guns. The mini is a truly nice piece of work, and surprisingly the first thing I said when I looked at it, "it looks like a baby emag". word for word.

CKY_Alliance
02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
If only the mini's could work mechanically and electronically. I have seen the mini close up (where am i?) owns one, and I get to play with his guns. The mini is a truly nice piece of work, and surprisingly the first thing I said when I looked at it, "it looks like a baby emag". word for word.

Is that all of his you play with?Rhetorical question..

Tom didn't mention anything about it in his update last week.

Lenny
02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Actually, the Mini could probably be converted to a mech relatively simply due to the way the solenoid works. I'm not sure how the performance would change (air efficiency mostly due to lack of dwell control), but you probably could get it to work.

And Simon worked on the Mini (he also helped with the XMag). I HIGHLY doubt TK had any direct influence on the design of the gun, though it and the Automag do share some similar characteristics.

y0da900
02-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Saying something can easily be converted to a mech save for dwell control is sort of a no brainer, I cant think of any electro that couldnt be converted to mech if you didnt have to take that into consideration. Converting it to mech should probably mean making it actually work properly, not just making the valve open.

AGD
02-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Nope, I had nothing to do with it (good thing if its not working well :) ). I happen to know that the gun came pre-designed to National by a guy who was not really in paintball but was just tinkering around and came up with a simple design. I haven't seen one yet but I understand they are unique.

AGD

punkncat
02-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Nope, I had nothing to do with it (good thing if its not working well :) ). I happen to know that the gun came pre-designed to National by a guy who was not really in paintball but was just tinkering around and came up with a simple design. I haven't seen one yet but I understand they are unique.

AGD

/ rumor

__Phoenix__
02-14-2007, 06:45 AM

It's funny that you say you like it, when you voted that it was a waste of money in the Mini thread itself.
You're so full of it.

Shane-O-Mac
02-14-2007, 07:20 AM
The mini was based of the valve system of the King Cobra from Taiwan, Airsoldier sold a few of them. I beleive Manike even said he didn't design it. He DID have a big hand (if not all) or designing the Vents line of goggles.

Shane-O

mr.mag218
02-14-2007, 02:46 PM
dear tom,
im going to UTI for automotive training/degree. its located in illinois, we should kick it sometime.
~Mr.mag

snoopay700
02-19-2007, 12:43 AM
dear tom,
im going to UTI for automotive training/degree. its located in illinois, we should kick it sometime.
~Mr.mag
Whoa, i'm applying at U of I in chicago for automotive engineering. I dunno why, i just found that weird.

d4m4don3
02-19-2007, 01:03 AM
dear tom,
~Mr.mag
He's moving down to Arizona....so make it fast?

PumpMag
02-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Yeah, any kicking it with TK will be with SoCal AO.