PDA

View Full Version : Boo Yah Questions

pump
02-13-2007, 03:25 PM
hey many shots will i be getting with a 9v?
i only have one setting for the solenoid under energy, no dwell or power like the CF, so does this make things easier but less efficient?

if i switch the big Micro Switch to a small 25g switch found in other electros will there be a problem

also the trigger looks like a spyder trigger is it the same?

is this board the same as other sear tripper boards? could i swap it?

p8ntbal4me
02-18-2007, 04:53 AM
hey many shots will i be getting with a 9v?
i only have one setting for the solenoid under energy, no dwell or power like the CF, so does this make things easier but less efficient??

Low end shots per 9volt is 10,000. That was taken off a un-official source from Mako (dont quote me on that)

The dwell/energy setting??? Nto to sure I know what you mean. I know what DWELL is,.. but do you mean the amount of voltage the board gives the noid every cycle???

if i switch the big Micro Switch to a small 25g switch found in other electros will there be a problem?

I tried 25g switch and found with the stock trigger it was too light,... a 50g might be the way to go.

also the trigger looks like a spyder trigger is it the same??

No,.. it is not the same.

is this board the same as other sear tripper boards? could i swap it?

Same in concept,... not in design. The amin baord is the part under the LCD. The LCD is infact a generic company product that attaches to a daughter board and then attachs to the main board.

The Mako/Boo-Yaah, Hyperframe, etc are all simular in design and concept. But they are by no means efficiant on todays standards. Dont get too carried away with the upgrading of the frame. Its much cheaper and easier to make your own frame for your needs that it would be to upgrade the entire setup you have. Switch the board out with another one (you will need to do a custom install) and you will have something solid.

superfreakmabsta
02-18-2007, 04:39 PM
you can put a different board like a t board in there but then you need to do some modding to how you have it wired up

Nick E
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
I wonder what pulse setting on it are..pressing f1 and f2 at the same time should bring up "pulse" which you can adjust from 5-15..but I read that boo-ahs didn't have dwell settings. Anyway, the noid on mine is weak, and deffinitely does not give 10,000 shots. More like 2,000, maybe. I'm thinking of just selling it and building an EP mag with the money..

pump
02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks for the info.....too bad i really wanted to tinker with this frame, but thats cool because now ill start one from scratch, or start with a Spyder frame