PDA

View Full Version : How do you turn the eyes off on the mini

Lohman446
02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok, I can figure it out from turned off, but turning this thing on and off seems a touch confusing. Say I am shooting in eye on mode and want the eyes off quickly. How?

GT
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Wrong forum :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lohman446
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
It looks like a tiny little e-mag... I can ask. Besides, PBN scares me

geekwarrior
02-13-2007, 07:41 PM
can't without turning the gun on/off...may be a problem in tournies :tard:

Lohman446
02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
can't without turning the gun on/off...may be a problem in tournies :tard:

It looks like they have a "boot down" sequence too - it doesn't turn off really quick (normally not an issue). Probably not a big deal, but I will likely consider a board replacement because of it at some point.

geekwarrior
02-13-2007, 07:44 PM
It looks like they have a "boot down" sequence too - it doesn't turn off really quick (normally not an issue). Probably not a big deal, but I will likely consider a board replacement because of it at some point.

think a Tadeo or some other aftermarket boards comes out in a month or so...you pick a mini up?

Lohman446
02-13-2007, 07:50 PM
think a Tadeo or some other aftermarket boards comes out in a month or so...you pick a mini up?

Yeh, theres one behind me - pretty neat. The interface I am not all gung-ho over, I mean it took a bit to figure out that it takes 30 seconds or so to power down. I fired about half a case through it. pretty impressive, especially when you consider the price.

geekwarrior
02-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeh, theres one behind me - pretty neat. The interface I am not all gung-ho over, I mean it took a bit to figure out that it takes 30 seconds or so to power down. I fired about half a case through it. pretty impressive, especially when you consider the price.

yea, not real impressed with the board software....i know piranti on here doesnt like the ramping software. mine doesn't take 30 secs to power down though....maybe 5. your's 1.1 or 1.2? maybe thats something they changed in the 1.2 so that the refs at tournies wouldn't have problems with people turning the gun on/off.

How do you like the trigger?

other than that, like you said, pretty cool for the price. hope they hold up, and some aftermarket parts come out soon.

Lohman446
02-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Mine is probably 1.2 but I don't really know. Its nice, well packaged, has useful enough modes. The eye logic supposedly copes with the lack of being able to turn the eyes off (blocked eyes default to being able to fire). I kind of think that 1.2 may have been a patch software and expect to see updates before too long. The software could be better - the button is kinda hard to get to to turn it off, but I'm not unhappy with it.

I had to adjust the trigger, I use ramping so a perfect trigger is not too important, and I like the feel of it. Might toy with making the magnet a bit stronger at some point.

I have a PMR too - I like the mini but if I was toying with it and the PMR in the shop and had to decide on one or the other, I would probably leave with a PMR

The software is not *too* bad, I have toyed with it for 40 minutes or so and am comfortable with being able to get the eyes off in about five seconds should I chose to. That being said my PMR takes virtually no time, and is intuitive to other markers I have used.

geekwarrior
02-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I have a PMR too - I like the mini but if I was toying with it and the PMR in the shop and had to decide on one or the other, I would probably leave with a PMR

haven't had a chance to try the PMR...what do you like about it better?

Lohman446
02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
haven't had a chance to try the PMR...what do you like about it better?

The software is intuitive - it might just be a problem with my background. I have shot the rails predecessors for a couple years now, well there big older brothers :). The Invert has its strong points though, it does feel more solid, and I like the HES sensor. Besides, its different.

That being said I don't expect the mini to have the cold weather issues the PMR (and most matrixes) does.

Beemer
02-13-2007, 10:29 PM
has its strong points though, it does feel more solid, and I like the HES sensor. Besides, its different.

I know what ya mean. Those are some of the reasons I like a Mag. :argh:

Lohman446
02-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I could have sworn I read the manual cover to cover and never saw anything about turning the eyes off - yeh, I did figure it out... I might put a Tadao chip in this to give me smooth ramping, better eye logic, and a better interface.

Overall the mechanics of the marker I rate very very highly. I like it.

The board programming / interface / eye logic could have been a lot better - though with the interface how it is the eye logic is well considered how it is. I suppose a board upgrade will fix this.

rkjunior303
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
we were trying out a PMR with a custom DC trigger at practice - they rip for what they are. I was VERY impressed.