PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here modded a Viking to run off a DM board

stonersr26
02-13-2007, 11:46 PM
I know it has been done, but PBNation isn't allowing me to do a search and I am trying to work on this while I can. If you have pics of your process they would be greatly appreciated. Also if you had to change the settings as I have heard that you need to mess with the settings to get the Viking to run off the DM board. Thanks guys, any information is greatly appreciated.

Pneumagger
02-14-2007, 04:03 AM
you should just be able to splice all viking eye, noid, trigger, and batteries to the board where the DM's connect. The membrane pad will need put somwhere, or you can ditch it for the stock on off switch.

One thing you may want to look into is the power rating on the viking solenoid versus the dye ones. Macs are gennerally not known as power efficient. Darn fast though :D

Bartman
02-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I know it has been done, but PBNation isn't allowing me to do a search and I am trying to work on this while I can. If you have pics of your process they would be greatly appreciated. Also if you had to change the settings as I have heard that you need to mess with the settings to get the Viking to run off the DM board. Thanks guys, any information is greatly appreciated.

You will definatly need to customize the setting to make the new boards work, but all it should take to put the board in is to splice the wires, solder them and then cover them with a little heat shrink to keep them from grounding out.

I haven't converted one my self, but when I was at the shop we did try a couple other boards in AKA guns and with a little futzing of the setting they worked well.

Hope this helps

Bartman

Ydna
02-14-2007, 11:09 AM
I remember Coolhand putting a DM frame on a featherlite viking, it turnedout pretty slick.

stonersr26
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info so far guys. Pnuemagger, I actually am going to use all DM wiring except for the solenoid wire which will be the original humphrey, that was the first thing I checked because I know the Macs draw an enormous amount of power but they are a much better solenoid.

Bartman, thanks to you too, I'm hoping to not need to do any splicing or sodering, but we will see.

stonersr26
02-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I have seen pictures of Coolhands Vike and it was very nicely done.

stonersr26
02-14-2007, 08:12 PM
well it was actually very easy, now I just need to get eye covers and eyes. I'll get some pics up when I get her done.

Bartman
02-14-2007, 09:15 PM
well it was actually very easy, now I just need to get eye covers and eyes. I'll get some pics up when I get her done.

You know originaly when eye covers wheren't being made yet, My wife actualy had Bud lite cans cut down and attacted as eye covers.

You could use any Pop Can, personaly I would go with say MtDew

there red neck looking, but not so bad as exposed wires.

Just a thought.

Bartman

stonersr26
02-14-2007, 09:24 PM
LOL, that is awesome. I've done some wierd and crazy stuff to get things to work, but never that.

Ydna
02-16-2007, 11:53 AM
yeah, the aka guns eye covers have always been expensive so people are fond of doing things like that. Buddy of mine too some copper sheets and make covers out of those.

rkjunior303
02-16-2007, 12:01 PM
03 eye covers are no longer being made so they're tough to find.

custar
02-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I know a guy who is looking into making some '03 eye covers since he picked up a blind Vike and can't find any covers. I wonder how much interest there would be for eye covers.

custar

stonersr26
03-02-2007, 01:45 PM
If he does make some eye covers that would fit the 03s I would be very interested as long as they looked decent. LMK if he does.