PDA

View Full Version : has anyone noticed in Greg hastings...

don miguel
02-14-2007, 05:21 PM
...tournement paintball MAX'd that the very first gun you start out with in the beginning of career mode (it's a "conman" series) is a 68 classic? the 68 is in the older form:
http://www.airgun.com/museum/largetiffs/classicvm.jpg
Even in the game, the gun's ASA has an AGD lions logo on it, just like the 68'. Just thought I would point that out. If you don't believe me, go look for yourself.

AGDRetro
02-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Yea I noticed the uncanny resemblance to the Mag instantly. I wonder if the "Conman" name is actually a blast at Tom, which would be VERY uncool. It is undoubtedly the worst gun in the game and I wonder if it was deliberately made that way by somebody with a clear bias towards Mags. I wonder if it is WGP's influence, seeing as the Karnivor is clearly the best gun in the game...

Niox
02-14-2007, 06:01 PM
I thought that with TK and Bud Orr being firends the two companies would have been almost friendly rivals. That having been said WGP is now under K2 so the founding father's friendship may well have nothing to do with it...

wjr
02-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Mabye it's supposed to be one of the british automag knock-offs, hence the "con" part of it.

Niox
02-14-2007, 06:39 PM
British knock off's? You have aroused my inquisitve nature, I'd like to know more pleases.

91Foxtrot
02-14-2007, 06:58 PM
There was one called the Colonial. I don't think an untrained eye would be able to tell a Colonial and a Classic apart. I did a google image search for "colonial paintball". There are a few photos.

Niox
02-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmm that is quite interesting. Props to a fellow Guiness drinker too!

don miguel
02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Yea I noticed the uncanny resemblance to the Mag instantly. I wonder if the "Conman" name is actually a blast at Tom, which would be VERY uncool. It is undoubtedly the worst gun in the game and I wonder if it was deliberately made that way by somebody with a clear bias towards Mags. I wonder if it is WGP's influence, seeing as the Karnivor is clearly the best gun in the game...
actually if you beat the game in career mode, either the XSV ego or the Russian Legion Shocker are statistically the best markers. But I like the trauma dm6, it actually seems faster than the xsv ego. And I agree with the whole "conman" thing. If anything, a mag is not an entry level marker.

Cow hunter
02-14-2007, 08:14 PM
actually if you beat the game in career mode, either the XSV ego or the Russian Legion Shocker are statistically the best markers. But I like the trauma dm6, it actually seems faster than the xsv ego. And I agree with the whole "conman" thing. If anything, a mag is not an entry level marker.
i think he was talking about the first one, which has the karni as being the best.

AGDRetro
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I was talking about the XBOX versions, and if you can unlock more guns in that I wouldnt know... I was too busy playing paintball in the real world :cool:

don miguel
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
i think he was talking about the first one, which has the karni as being the best.

got ya. ;)

I was refering to the MAX'D edidtion. Do they say "you MAX'D those guys" in the first edition?

Cow hunter
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
got ya. ;)

I was refering to the MAX'D edidtion. Do they say "you MAX'D those guys" in the first edition?
"you MAX'D those guys"? like what it says when you win? i dont remember

CKY_Alliance
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
got ya. ;)

There's two versions of Max'D one for Xbox one for PS2, im going to assume you have the one for PS2...

only real difference is fields,guns,teams...

wjr
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
British knock off's? You have aroused my inquisitve nature, I'd like to know more pleases.

Not only was there the "colonial", but also I think there was the bushwhacker (or something like that) which was a minimag knock off.

SPECK
02-14-2007, 10:58 PM
only real difference is fields,guns,teams...

What other differences could there be, lol.

Lenny
02-15-2007, 01:10 AM
What other differences could there be, lol.
I heard in the PS2 version the grass was blue and the sky was green. :rolleyes:

Big Boy
02-15-2007, 01:18 AM
I like the PS2 version better because you can actually walk the R1 and R2 buttons.

But if I remember correctly I think you can buy a Automag in the x-box version. It is called automag and everything, no cons or secrets...

Ratzo
02-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Don't forget the GameBoy version of Max'ed, one of these days I might pick it up(got to have something to do in the van while I wait for my wife).

__Phoenix__
02-15-2007, 02:28 AM
f anything, a mag is not an entry level marker.
What would you define as an entry level marker then?

Mags are in the same category in my book as every other mech on the market.

Super_Stalker
02-15-2007, 12:03 PM
But if I remember correctly I think you can buy a Automag in the x-box version. It is called automag and everything, no cons or secrets...

Nope, AGD is absent.

Lohman446
02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
If anything, a mag is not an entry level marker.

What is a single trigger standard feed classic mag if not entry level?

Pneumagger
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM

Mags are in the same category in my book as every other mech on the market.

Obviously a DM6 and ego. IIRC I remember hom posting a thread on how they chop, ooze paint from the eyes, are [i]crap[/], and get thrown in frustration. :rolleyes:

turbo chicken
02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Don't forget the GameBoy version of Max'ed, one of these days I might pick it up(got to have something to do in the van while I wait for my wife).
^^mariocart stays in my GBA ... been playing it on and off for months and i can't unlock everything .... i didn't know there was a maxed for the GBA ... im going to keep an eye out for it ... it's not on gamestop.com dang that is going to be hard to find :ninja: ...

When i got the game that's was the first thing i noticed ... i was like wow we get to start with an automag .... needless to say i was dissapointed in it performance in the game ...

When i played online i like to host conman only games ... it's a rush bunkering someone not knowing if you will be able to hit the other player from 3 feet away...

I wish they'd make it work for the 360 ...

ooo.ooo. my gamer tag is ...... turbo chicken ....

Lenny
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Don, I love how you show us a picture of a 68 Automag Classic. As if we all don't know what one looks like. It's not like we're on AO or anything. :rolleyes:

NoForts4Me
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM

Mags are in the same category in my book as every other mech on the market.Really? Same as a mech Spyder? Tippy? 32 Degree Icon? Palmer? Phantom (pump, but mech)? There all the same?

So by that, an Electro Spyder=Ego?

Trying to follow your logic here. So is an entry marker based on ease of use, or one that doesn't break down a lot, or if it requires a battery, it ain't entry level? Or is price a deciding factor?

Chime in Lohman, too (and I know you were just talking about a single frame base Mag). My definition of "entry level" would be based on price, not "type." I don't think a new player will want to lay out $700 for a Typhoon or $500 for a Rogue Mag. But they can drop $150 for an ION and shoot fast.

Lohman446
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Chime in Lohman, too (and I know you were just talking about a single frame base Mag). My definition of "entry level" would be based on price, not "type." I don't think a new player will want to lay out $700 for a Typhoon or $500 for a Rogue Mag. But they can drop $150 for an ION and shoot fast.

So if I functionally copy a brass eagle ___________ (non rainmaker), mill it out, splash anno it, and sell it for $1000 it becomes high end?

Even using your logic on price we were discussing $150 mag, as you noted - which I think everyone here knows is far different from the $500 mag from Rogue.

NoForts4Me
02-15-2007, 04:53 PM
So if I functionally copy a brass eagle ___________ (non rainmaker), mill it out, splash anno it, and sell it for $1000 it becomes high end?

Even using your logic on price we were discussing $150 mag, as you noted - which I think everyone here knows is far different from the $500 mag from Rogue.
Right, but, it doesn't follow that all mechs are the same, because clearly, they aren't. Neither are all electros. Price is one of the main deciding factors (on what is an entry level). And functionally, many markers are the same, but some have fancy milling. And yes, a $150 mag is entry level, but a good one. I guess I thought (or think) Phoenix is lumping all mechs as entry level. I could have read wrong, and am really just thread-jacking and stirring things up for fun. :D

don miguel
02-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Don, I love how you show us a picture of a 68 Automag Classic. As if we all don't know what one looks like. It's not like we're on AO or anything. :rolleyes:
because I was showing the model, because the "pro classic" is also a 68. So I didn't wan't to confuse them.

Pneumagger
02-15-2007, 07:46 PM
because I was showing the model, because the "pro classic" is also a 68. So I didn't wan't to confuse them.

So that's what an automag classic looks like :rolleyes:

don miguel
02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Obviously a DM6 and ego. IIRC I remember hom posting a thread on how they chop, ooze paint from the eyes, are [i]crap[/], and get thrown in frustration. :rolleyes:

and BTW it was a DMC and an 06 ego, which I have minimal respect for the DMC, it's an oversized pieced of plastic. And I think DMC should stand for Damn Marker Chops. And the 06 is okay, I have a little more respect for it.

__Phoenix__
02-15-2007, 07:50 PM
and BTW it was a DMC and an 06 ego, which I have minimal respect for the DMC, it's an oversized pieced of plastic. And I think DMC should stand for Damn Marker Chops. And the 06 is okay, I have a little more respect for it.

Paging Magman007.

__Phoenix__
02-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Really? Same as a mech Spyder? Tippy? 32 Degree Icon? Palmer? Phantom (pump, but mech)? There all the same?

So by that, an Electro Spyder=Ego?

Trying to follow your logic here. So is an entry marker based on ease of use, or one that doesn't break down a lot, or if it requires a battery, it ain't entry level? Or is price a deciding factor?

It's a Mech. that's all it is.
Is the E Spyder Electronic? Then it's an electronic marker. There you go.
Is the Ego Electropneumatic? Then it's an Electropneumatic gun. There you go.

My logic is simple. The automag is a mech marker, and it'll always be a mech marker. nothing more.

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 07:57 PM

The DMC has no plastic on it nor is it made of plastic. The body is completely aluminum in its structure and simply uses composite inserts for aesthetic means. The eye logic is the same for any other DM style marker. If you are having eye troubles with it, it is your own fault for not knowing how to properly set the marker up. Read the manual before you condemn a product. If you lack the basic skills necessary to set up the gun properly, do not blame it on the product or the company. Both guns are far superior in performance, quality, and reliability to the Spyder Electra that you have previously hailed as such a perfect and amazing, uber gun.

They are however more complex. Higher end guns usually take a little more know-how to maintain. Get a little better and get some more experience under your belt before you comment on these things. Thank you and good tidings on your family.

__Phoenix__
02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Warbeak wins the internets

bentothejam1n
02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
And I think DMC should stand for Damn Marker Chops.
say what?
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2007_rs.JPG
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2008_rs.JPG

Lohman446
02-15-2007, 08:07 PM
say what?
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2007_rs.JPG
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2008_rs.JPG

That was not the fault of the marker. It was a combination of user idiocy and arrogance.

bentothejam1n
02-15-2007, 08:13 PM
That was not the fault of the marker. It was a combination of user idiocy and arrogance.
shhh

snoopay700
02-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I thought that with TK and Bud Orr being firends the two companies would have been almost friendly rivals. That having been said WGP is now under K2 so the founding father's friendship may well have nothing to do with it...
WGP is still making products for agd (like trigger frames and stuff) but like you said, the friendly rivalry is no longer there.

Anyway, the mag is an entry level marker, though a damn fine one and isn't the worst gun ever like in that game, and i think that is the point that was trying to be made.

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 08:33 PM

My point exactly. DM's experience with eyes has been just that.

WGP is still making products for agd (like trigger frames and stuff) but like you said, the friendly rivalry is no longer there.

... no? They made the older diecast frames together. Nothing AGD is made by WGP anymore.

__Phoenix__
02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh My God That Devilmag Has A Smart Parts Tank On It! Noes!!!111

snoopay700
02-15-2007, 09:16 PM
... no? They made the older diecast frames together. Nothing AGD is made by WGP anymore.
I could've sworn that my carbon fiber grip said WGP on it, that's what made me think that they still made parts for agd, guess i was wrong.

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I could've sworn that my carbon fiber grip said WGP on it, that's what made me think that they still made parts for agd, guess i was wrong.

If it does say WGP on it, that is one old frame you got. You either bought it back in the early 90's or AGD pulled it out of their attic when they shipped it to you.

paintballfiend
02-15-2007, 09:55 PM
How is Greg Hasting's for PS2? I was thinking about getting it.

snoopay700
02-15-2007, 09:59 PM
If it does say WGP on it, that is one old frame you got. You either bought it back in the early 90's or AGD pulled it out of their attic when they shipped it to you.
Like i said, i only think that it said that. The last frame i've seen with the grip off besides my intelli was my friend's dad's, and his is the aluminum one, and after i saw that i thought i remembered it being on my cf one.

AO Moderation Team
02-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Warbeak wins the internets

Umm no. check post 33

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Umm no. check post 33

May I respond in a more amicable fashion then? Because I did have a point.

AO Moderation Team
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
May I respond in a more amicable fashion then? Because I did have a point.

By all means. :)

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 10:44 PM
By all means. :)

Done. ;)

Much better dont you think? Pay heed to the warning.

Cire
02-16-2007, 07:16 AM
How is Greg Hasting's for PS2? I was thinking about getting it.
The one for the PS2 is a blast. It took a while to get started but once I did, it was really fun.

The positives are walking the trigger and the computer AI isn't to bad. The only negative that I had was the ability to see the other team, maybe it was my TV setup but I had a hard time picking up other players.

Cire

Tao
02-17-2007, 12:56 AM
...tournement paintball MAX'd that the very first gun you start out with in the beginning of career mode (it's a "conman" series) is a 68 classic? the 68 is in the older form:
http://www.airgun.com/museum/largetiffs/classicvm.jpg
Even in the game, the gun's ASA has an AGD lions logo on it, just like the 68'. Just thought I would point that out. If you don't believe me, go look for yourself.

Well if it had the AGD logo on it it would be grounds for copyright infringement and perhaps even a slander case. I would like to see it just for the automag to "own" that game in the end :bounce:

don miguel
02-17-2007, 04:58 PM
The DMC has no plastic on it nor is it made of plastic. The body is completely aluminum in its structure and simply uses composite inserts for aesthetic means. The eye logic is the same for any other DM style marker. If you are having eye troubles with it, it is your own fault for not knowing how to properly set the marker up. Read the manual before you condemn a product. If you lack the basic skills necessary to set up the gun properly, do not blame it on the product or the company. Both guns are far superior in performance, quality, and reliability to the Spyder Electra that you have previously hailed as such a perfect and amazing, uber gun.

They are however more complex. Higher end guns usually take a little more know-how to maintain. Get a little better and get some more experience under your belt before you comment on these things. Thank you and good tidings on your family.

"composite" sounds like a cheap way to say plastic. I held the gun and it was covered in rubbery plastic inserts.

composite- made up of disparate or separate parts or elements.
so those "different" parts of the DMC are plastic.

oh yeah, don't forget "composite" ion bodykits, those are a combo of plastic and rubber. alot of things in the paintball world are refered to as "composite" instead of saying plastic.

warbeak2099
02-17-2007, 07:01 PM
"composite" sounds like a cheap way to say plastic. I held the gun and it was covered in rubbery plastic inserts.

oh yeah, don't forget "composite" ion bodykits, those are a combo of plastic and rubber. alot of things in the paintball world are refered to as "composite" instead of saying plastic.

Yes but unlike the Ion, the "plastic" on the DMC is not the body. It's just inserts for looks. You make it sound like the gun is made of plastic. If you don't like the inserts, heat them up and take them off. It doesn't make the gun cheasy, it's not made out of the stuff. It's made out of aluminum 100%.

paintballfiend
02-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Yes but unlike the Ion, the "plastic" on the DMC is not the body. It's just inserts for looks. You make it sound like the gun is made of plastic. If you don't like the inserts, heat them up and take them off. It doesn't make the gun cheasy, it's not made out of the stuff. It's made out of aluminum 100%.

Aluminum FTW!!! :headbang:

__Phoenix__
02-17-2007, 09:15 PM

The AO mod Team isn't doing it's job if you're still posting here.

Then again the AO Mod Team doesn't do much at all.

Lohman446
02-17-2007, 09:28 PM

Like the AGD composite frame on the 68 that for some reason had to be pictured. In your world that seems to mean plastic...
Maybe it is because composite does mean something else. Don, learn what your talking about before you start an argument with someone, it would help keep you from looking like an idiot.

ouch you could say it without name calling. - Mod team edit

Edit :) . Wow, the irony of my own post can only be seen by reading the entire thread :(

bentothejam1n
02-18-2007, 12:44 AM
isnt there a picture/video of tk showing the strength of the composite frame?? something to do with a small truck or something!! im not completely sure on that

hostiletek
02-18-2007, 01:14 AM
You made me knock the dust off the OOOLLLLLd mags for this one
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/hostiletek/scan0001.jpg

Beemer
02-18-2007, 01:26 AM
You made me knock the dust off the OOOLLLLLd mags for this one

Nice one. :cheers:

Beemer
02-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Like the AGD composite frame on the 68 that for some reason had to be pictured. In your world that seems to mean plastic...
Maybe it is because composite does mean something else.

Hmmm, well that aint a composite frame, its CF as in Carbon Fiber. Is that considered a composite? If so I stand corrected.

AO Moderation Team
02-18-2007, 01:49 AM
The AO mod Team isn't doing it's job if you're still posting here.

Then again the AO Mod Team doesn't do much at all.

Maybe not if youre still posting. Ya we dont do much, in fact we dont do anything at all. :ninja: But if you need some attention let us know. If you see a problem click on the little report button and be part of the answer not the problem. Wanna troll some more? :nono:

__Phoenix__
02-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Wanna troll some more?
Is that an open invitation?

Lohman446
02-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Hmmm, well that aint a composite frame, its CF as in Carbon Fiber. Is that considered a composite? If so I stand corrected.

You certain its CF and not composite? I have always heard / seen it referred to as composite. I could be wrong

RRfireblade
02-18-2007, 09:39 AM
CF is a composite. AGD refers those frames as CF altho by modern standards , I will call it a plasitc composite and not really true CF as generally considered by current standards.

Modern CF is designated so typically by the use of a CF filiment wave layup. By appearance , I would assume the composite AGD frame to be made mearly using (assume) CF fibers in a composite mix. Strong (like most fiberous inclusion mixes) but not nearly that of a woven layup.

Lohman446
02-18-2007, 09:59 AM
CF is a composite. AGD refers those frames as CF altho by modern standards , I will call it a plasitc composite and not really true CF as generally considered by current standards.

Modern CF is designated so typically by the use of a CF filiment wave layup. By appearance , I would assume the composite AGD frame to be made mearly using (assume) CF fibers in a composite mix. Strong (like most fiberous inclusion mixes) but not nearly that of a woven layup.

I thought it was a polymer... is CF a polymer?

The original point stands, just because its "plastic" doesn't mean its weak. Now we're just figuring out where I was wrong and should have researched the argument better.

RRfireblade
02-18-2007, 10:07 AM
They're all basically intechangable terms , combinations of materials mixed together.

Correct tho , Plastic will always be a dirty word even tho plastic is in EVERYTHING from the space shuttle to Indy cars to drinkng glass in one formulation or another.

Saying it's cheap simply cause it has a 'plastic' in it is just another way of saying " I have absolutely no understanding of the construction of common objects and should reserve comment till I know more. " :)

Lenny
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
They're all basically intechangable terms , combinations of materials mixed together.

Correct tho , Plastic will always be a dirty word even tho plastic is in EVERYTHING from the space shuttle to Indy cars to drinkng glass in one formulation or another.

Saying it's cheap simply cause it has a 'plastic' in it is just another way of saying " I have absolutely no understanding of the construction of common objects and should reserve comment till I know more. " :)
This man speaks truth!

SpitFire1299
02-18-2007, 11:23 PM
The conman use to be an euro classic mag if i remember correctly when this topic last came up.