PDA

View Full Version : hoppys NEW marker, again

HoppysMag
02-15-2007, 03:42 PM
So i just ordered a NEW marker. like actualy new, not another splatmaster :rolleyes:

some how i have the feeling il get torn apart for this, but its.... a COCKER!

before anyone jumps on me i have a feeling the price is too good to be true.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=_QYeXqSxwoMen-FlPKXe9q4XQvXGxNPKgpw=?ProductID=qXbAqArbyckAAAD%2 exehmCbZs

iv been outta the game for a little. but still have all my gear. hoping to get back into the game. and dont mind tinkering to get the cocker working. but is there any reason this one was that cheap? was a problematic year for cockers? just a poorly selling model?

neppo1345
02-15-2007, 03:45 PM
So i just ordered a NEW marker. like actualy new, not another splatmaster :rolleyes:

some how i have the feeling il get torn apart for this, but its.... a COCKER!

before anyone jumps on me i have a feeling the price is too good to be true.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=_QYeXqSxwoMen-FlPKXe9q4XQvXGxNPKgpw=?ProductID=qXbAqArbyckAAAD%2 exehmCbZs

iv been outta the game for a little. but still have all my gear. hoping to get back into the game. and dont mind tinkering to get the cocker working. but is there any reason this one was that cheap? was a problematic year for cockers? just a poorly selling model?

No, trilogys are actually easier to take care of than a 'regular' cocker.

It's so cheap because it's about the simplest/cheapest cocker they could make. I think when they first came out they were only going for about 150.00.

You'll like it.

HoppysMag
02-15-2007, 03:55 PM
so basicly its an economy entry level cocker? functions the same i assume? ( last time i was in the sport a plain old cocker was at 250)

The Action Figure
02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
function similar, but not all aftermarket accesories will fit

don miguel
02-15-2007, 04:16 PM
function similar, but not all aftermarket accesories will fit
the only real upgrade besides barells and regs are eclipse, or worrframes. definately get a new bolt, aluminum bolts are terrible. unless it's a mag that is. ;)

stonersr26
02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
UHHHH, last time I checked Automags use stainless steel bolts.... :tard:

nate2k191
02-15-2007, 05:15 PM
level 10 is aluminum i think. so are x-valves

personman
02-15-2007, 05:37 PM
w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-wrongggg
mags have always, and will always use stainless steel bolts. even the delrin super bolt was stainless steel. the only exception are the crap aftermarket bolts.

Lenny
02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
...Back on topic...

Trilly's are nice guns and are WAY under appreciated. They even make a pump kit for them! (www.pmpind.com)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
02-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey Hoppy Steve! wheredo you go now?

WillyB
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Actually, the only thing you can't upgrade on a Trilogy Cocker is the 3-way because it is integrated. Everything else can be upped. Palmers even makes a Micro-Rock especially for the Trilly, along with their LT valve. If you want to fine tune your trigger pull however you're going to need a TechT "Shaft Kit" (www.techtpaintball.com). I own a Trilly Comp and love it.

FARMER00
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
the trilogy is brass eagle made but is still a great gun for $100, my buddy won one at a scenario and it was nice but nowheres near a mag

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Great entry level gun. The performance of a cocker in a cheap, easy to use package. Good for a noob to learn on.

paintballfiend
02-15-2007, 09:47 PM
I was thinking about getting a cocker back in the day, but I was always affraid that the bolt would hit my goggles.

HoppysMag
02-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Great entry level gun. The performance of a cocker in a cheap, easy to use package. Good for a noob to learn on.

no offense. but even if you take the amount of years i played for. and subtract the number of years iv been away from the sport (3+ now) im still a long ways up on most people.
i aint no noob :cool: lets put it this way. my first Semi was a VM68 when they were still in production.

thanks for the info guys. i seriously just went to AV on a whim, saw and it said "what the heck, i always wanted a cocker." had the 100$ and went for it. im hoping to take my collection of assorted gear outta mothballs and go back to my days of rocking the field

also, i remember the superbolt and those crazy shenanigans involved with it.

who ever posted the link to the pump kit. you have just unleased an uncontrolable can of worms. now im gunna want a pump kit. when i get the pump kit, im gunna want another phantom

jimmy james! i havnt been playing for a while but now that im working im thinking of playing the occasional weekend up here at P&L paintball in Bridgewater. figure between the Mag, PGP, Splatmaster and soon to be Cocker il be set for most situations. you still playing these days?

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 10:57 PM
no offense. but even if you take the amount of years i played for. and subtract the number of years iv been away from the sport (3+ now) im still a long ways up on most people.
i aint no noob :cool: lets put it this way. my first Semi was a VM68 when they were still in production.

I didn't say you were. I said it's a great entry level gun. If a Pro buys a Spyder he's still buying an entry level. It doesn't affect his skill level, he's just buying a gun that is under his skill level. It's a gun that's made for beginners.

grEnAlEins
02-16-2007, 04:27 PM
The Trilogy aint bad, I actually thought about picking on up just for kicks. I no longer have a semi cocker, so it was tempting. There is not a widespread aftermarket for them (or not to the extent of most cockers, especially back when you frequented AO), but you can find everything you really need.

Welcome back :cheers:

Rabbit
02-16-2007, 04:59 PM
try to find a used Prostock or Karni/Black Magic frontblock. Direct bolt on, but uses standard cocker X-ways instead of that retarded, built in, leaky POS.

HoppysMag
02-16-2007, 05:40 PM
The Trilogy aint bad, I actually thought about picking on up just for kicks. I no longer have a semi cocker, so it was tempting. There is not a widespread aftermarket for them (or not to the extent of most cockers, especially back when you frequented AO), but you can find everything you really need.

Welcome back :cheers:

thats exactly what this is. a 99$ "for kicks" marker.

try to find a used Prostock or Karni/Black Magic frontblock. Direct bolt on, but uses standard cocker X-ways instead of that retarded, built in, leaky POS

good to know. thanks

hmudd13
02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
They are not bad and they are definately cheaper than a fancy cocker. But really, the only difference in performance is a couple of balls a second. You can even get Triogies with the select fire grips now.
They were made the way they are so that entry level players don't adjust (tweak) themselves out of a days play. :rolleyes:

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
02-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Im over in rochester ny at UR i played at NVP with the carter buzzard tonight for the better part of 5 hours. what a great field and guys. my first time playing there after checking them out so many times. bio major keep me wayyy to busy

blamtro
02-17-2007, 01:00 AM
negative

MANN
02-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Direct bolt on, but uses standard cocker X-ways instead of that retarded, built in, leaky POS.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem. I have a Trilogy, and it is leaking out the front of the 3 way. I have replaced the orings, and it still leaking. Any suggestions??

grEnAlEins
02-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know how to solve this problem. I have a Trilogy, and it is leaking out the front of the 3 way. I have replaced the orings, and it still leaking. Any suggestions??
Throw some vasoline in there. Seriously, petroleum jelly, on the sides od the housing and on the o-rings. That worked on my leaky three-way (not on a trilogy though). Vasoline used to be a factory approved lube, but IDK if it still is... Anywho, it works like a charm :D

sixtoes1313
02-17-2007, 11:29 AM
trilogys are deffinently an underestimated gun. For like 50-100 used you just cant beat what you get. 4 of my playing buds have one and they love em. They shoot nice and are great for the $. They have the older model ones (blue or green) bodies but im sure theyre all still the same. I picked up a new psycho ballistics lightning superbolt cocker for $50 on black friday and couldnt be happier with the performance of it. Still blows me away on how nice it shoots.

MANN
02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Throw some vasoline in there. Seriously, petroleum jelly, on the sides od the housing and on the o-rings. That worked on my leaky three-way (not on a trilogy though). Vasoline used to be a factory approved lube, but IDK if it still is... Anywho, it works like a charm :D

Tried that, and it still leaks. Any other suggestions??