PDA

View Full Version : Wanting an Electro

paintballfiend
02-15-2007, 11:08 PM
So...
I've been looking for a cheap, reliable electro to use is some speedball games. However, I want one that a Revvy would be enough to feed it. Using my e-spyder I never went over 10-12 bps max and I don't need to. What do you guys suggest? Pics would be very appreciated.

edit: $200-$400 is my price range.

warbeak2099
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
So...
I've been looking for a cheap, reliable electro to use is some speedball games. However, I want one that a Revvy would be enough to feed it. Using my e-spyder I never went over 10-12 bps max and I don't need to. What do you guys suggest? Pics would be very appreciated.

Cheap as in what? I consider a used DM3 or Viking to be pretty cheap at around $250-400, but your perception may be different.

punkncat
02-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I suggest getting an HPA tank if you don't already have one and keep the E-Spyder. You said yourself that you want cheap, reliable, and no need to shoot over 10-12 for the Revi.....

Killer V
02-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Used trix or nerve or shocker or something. :confused:

FinchMan
02-16-2007, 01:58 AM
If your spyder works well, just use it. You can upgrade the trigger and board if it needs it. If it doesn't have eyes yet you can have them installed.

http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/esp.htm

It really depends on what cheap means for you. There are lots of worthy electros out there if you're willing to pay a bit for them.

Dewok82
02-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Keep your eyes on the BST for a nice used Viking. With your price range, you could probably pick up a used '03 with eyes. You won't regret it. With the Viking's eyes and eye logic, a revy would be fine (if you don't mind capping your ROF at 10-12 BPS).

My advice to you - save up a few more bucks - buy a Halo/Reloader B, or Vlocity - then get your electro.

jenarelJAM
02-16-2007, 03:13 AM
If you're looking for suggestions, it's good to give us a price range. "Cheap" is relative to everyone. Most people who have been around the sport for years and have invested countless hundred of dollars into it consider anything under $500 "cheap", but I remember when I was first starting and those $300 markers looked way way way out of my price range.

If you want to save money, there's nothing wrong with sticking with your spyder. You may not like the fact that it's a spyder, but if it puts paint where you want it, who cares?
If you're really looking to move to a different marker, I would second the suggestion for the viking, however, that's going to run more in the $400+ ballpark.
You can get a stock ion for $200 new, and even cheaper used.
You can buy a dm4 for under $400, and older matrices (matrixes?) for quite a bit less than that. E1'd 'cockers are dirt cheap now, as well as many older angels.

If used is an option(and I highly recommend it, if you're not sure about the purchase, ask about it on here, we'll give you feedback on it), I'd start searching the B/S/T forums on here, pbnation.com, and any other forums you frequent. I would also use www.elitedealseeker.com to help search the forums, especially the pbn ones. Once I was messing with it, I found a very good condition semi-upped dm4 for $350, and a boatload of other deals I had no idea were out there.

Good luck!

dave p
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM
how about an 04 bko?
cheaper that cheap right now
electro
shoot mine with a revolution and i dont have any issues at all. i have been pleasantly suprised every time i take it out.

paintballfiend
02-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I suggest getting an HPA tank if you don't already have one and keep the E-Spyder. You said yourself that you want cheap, reliable, and no need to shoot over 10-12 for the Revi.....
I sold my e-spyder to get an HPA tank. :ninja:

After a year with the spyder I think it was time to move on.

paintballfiend
02-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Keep your eyes on the BST for a nice used Viking. With your price range, you could probably pick up a used '03 with eyes. You won't regret it. With the Viking's eyes and eye logic, a revy would be fine (if you don't mind capping your ROF at 10-12 BPS).

My advice to you - save up a few more bucks - buy a Halo/Reloader B, or Vlocity - then get your electro.

A Viking does seem like it would be good for me.

The reason I don't want to get a Halo/Reload B/ Vlocity is that I want to limit myself by limiting my equipment. If I have the ability to shoot 20 bps than I'm going to shoot 20 bps. Another thing is that I can't really fit getting a new hopper in my budget since I'm going to quit my job soon. :ninja:

warbeak2099
02-16-2007, 01:18 PM
A Viking does seem like it would be good for me.

The reason I don't want to get a Halo/Reload B/ Vlocity is that I want to limit myself by limiting my equipment. If I have the ability to shoot 20 bps than I'm going to shoot 20 bps. Another thing is that I can't really fit getting a new hopper in my budget since I'm going to quit my job soon. :ninja:

I did that by switching to a mech gun. But there were times I wanted to shoot faster. Now that my mag is electro, I can choose when I want to play limited and when I want to switch to 15bps ramping or whatever. It's nice to have that choice. I actually find myself on semi most often.

turbo chicken
02-16-2007, 02:50 PM
VS3orVS2 ... yeah it's a spyder ... but it's the kingmans best effort yet ...

and your asking this but your about to quit your job???

paintballfiend
02-16-2007, 05:14 PM
VS3orVS2 ... yeah it's a spyder ... but it's the kingmans best effort yet ...

and your asking this but your about to quit your job???
I want something other than a spyder. No blowbacks.

Yeah, I have to quit before I lose my sanity. Customers are flamming jerks and all work and little pay make paintballfiend a dull boy. Working on the weekends makes it hard to go out and play when I want. I have saved up enough money to paintball for a while. I can either play pump until December 2008 or semi until this December, but I have been getting the urge to sling some paint around. I will alternate between pump and semi so I won't lose the little skills I have picked up doing both. :) This way once funds run low I will have to get another job that will have to better than my last one.

don miguel
02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Cheap as in what? I consider a used DM3 or Viking to be pretty cheap at around $250-400, but your perception may be different.

I second that, Dm3's and the origional matrix lcd are both very good guns for the price. Vikings are a little harder to find for that price.

SpecialBlend2786
02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I've seen Angel A4 Fly's go for around $400.

I'd recomend a used Angel, used Cyborg, DM3 or DP Fusion.

warbeak2099
02-16-2007, 06:42 PM

I'd recomend a used Angel, used Cyborg, DM3 or DP Fusion.

Or used Vik

Soopa Villain17
02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
ive seen some dm4's for around 300. id get one of those in a heartbeat if i hadthe cash. or you can find a nice impulse for under 200

jenarelJAM
02-16-2007, 07:11 PM

My friend bought his for $250

mag_lover05
02-16-2007, 07:16 PM
pomaster.

buzzboy
02-16-2007, 10:54 PM
how about an 04 bko?
cheaper that cheap right now
electro
shoot mine with a revolution and i dont have any issues at all. i have been pleasantly suprised every time i take it out.
I will second if you get PDS. My BKO was a blender without it on only my revy. That thing was actually really fast. I had it mechanically bouncing to around where it topped out.

For reasons stated above I would get an older (2k3ish) b2k pds or a BKO and get PDS done to it. IIRC OJHSpyro89 does it for I think ~$90

Toll
02-16-2007, 11:58 PM
400$~
Vikings - Probably the best you are going to find for the money. Built to last, very solid and reliable.
Dm4's - I'd pass on these personally, but you can find some decent deals
Pm5's - Much like the dm4.
Fusions : Never played with one, heard alot of good things though
2k5'ed Timmys : I'm not a huge fan of them but you can get some good deals

300~
Dm3's - Very, very nice markers. Superior performance compared to a Dm4 imo
Nice cockers - E2, bolt kits, pnuematics kits...they go cheap. If you want you can halfblock it and have a really neat little marker
Angel speeds/Older angels - Not a bad choice, just not my preference.

200$
Nice bko's/b2ks
Nice gen e matrixes = Like a dm3 but without eyes...generally isn't an issue
Highly upped Ions - Not my cup of tea, but do well for the money
Wraths - You can get them cheap, they're cocker threaded....meh
2k2 Timmies - Not a bad choice.

rkjunior303
02-17-2007, 01:32 AM
firstcallpaintball has Alias's BRAND NEW for $499.