PDA

View Full Version : What company still Manufactures in the US?

RavishingEddie
02-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey guys I was planning on buying the Bob Long Marq 7, wanted to try something outside the mag family for once. However I noticed most manufacturers if not all of them have gone overseas to compete for cost/profit. Anyway I was unsure if bob long made his products overseas or made in the US. Actually I was wondering which companies their markers in the US or UK or Asia.

Lohman446
02-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll start with the ones I am fairly certain of

Palmers
AGD
Mac Dev (Australia)

I can take other guesses, but they are complete guesses

AlphaPaintballRef2
02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
AKA...used to :cry: (I'm 99% sure anyway)

Richter
02-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Blazer bodies I believe are manufactured over seas. I remember when they first debut they were delayed because of it. (Think I heard that on old POG site on paint) They are assembled here in the US though...

From what I understand smart parts guns are made in the USA. They even received a grant for helping create jobs Pennsylvania. (I think I heard that on tinkers guild forum a year or so ago just before the ion debut)

bentothejam1n
02-16-2007, 01:24 PM
im pretty sure tippmann is.

Jackel411
02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Bob still does his machine shop is in southern cali and I actually think it attached to his house for some odd reason..

I like my Mark6 Rapper alot one issue I have come across how ever is it does break the last ball in the stack in the hopper sometimes. Granted I do not have a soft face bolt on it yet although it still is a a rare happening for the last ball to break.

paint magnet
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
AKALMP markers were.

The PPS website has a 100% Made in USA logo on their front page, so I'd assume their stuff is as well.

Others are:

CCI
AGD
Tippmann (not sure about the Triumphs though)
Shocktech (pretty sure)

I think Planet Eclipse stuff is made in the UK. WDP used to be, but I've heard rumors they've moved overseas.

hs2000
02-16-2007, 03:33 PM
CCM!

Richter
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe I was wrong...

Warpig talks little about the blazer problem that i was remembering but doesn't say it was from overseas or not

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/pps/blazer/ :

"Problems arose with the first aluminum receivers, and quite a few other delays occurred before the Blazer was available to the public."
end quote

maybe he had this problem and decide not go overseas with them afterall

Bartman
02-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Maybe I was wrong...

Warpig talks little about the blazer problem that i was remembering but doesn't say it was from overseas or not

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/pps/blazer/ :

"Problems arose with the first aluminum receivers, and quite a few other delays occurred before the Blazer was available to the public."
end quote

maybe he had this problem and decide not go overseas with them afterall

If I remember corectly , the first batch of bodies from palmers was held up by a DEATH , the shop hired to mill all the bodies died before they where delivered and the bodies where held up untill the family setaled who was getting what. They where locked behind closed doors, just out of reach

And AKA always made there markersin House,

Bartman

don miguel
02-16-2007, 09:15 PM
what about NPS stuff? is that made in the US?

eg-
empire
invert
vents
etc...

CrimsonGhost
02-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Bob still does his machine shop is in southern cali and I actually think it attached to his house for some odd reason..

I like my Mark6 Rapper alot one issue I have come across how ever is it does break the last ball in the stack in the hopper sometimes. Granted I do not have a soft face bolt on it yet although it still is a a rare happening for the last ball to break.

Nor Cal but ..yeah. And the machine work is STILL done in the U.S. not sure if Eaton still does it though.
Things may have changed in...6years.

MoeMag
02-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Smart parts...

100% in house USA.

SR_matt
02-16-2007, 10:36 PM
^^ well it is a lot faster to do injection molding of plastic than machining metal :rolleyes:

couldnt resist
-matt

SpecialBlend2786
02-16-2007, 10:37 PM
AKALMP markers were.

The PPS website has a 100% Made in USA logo on their front page, so I'd assume their stuff is as well.

Others are:

CCI
AGD
Tippmann (not sure about the Triumphs though)
Shocktech (pretty sure)

I think Planet Eclipse stuff is made in the UK. WDP used to be, but I've heard rumors they've moved overseas.

Yep, WDP has a facility in China now. All of the A1's are made in China, not the UK.

Jackel411
02-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Yep, WDP has a facility in China now. All of the A1's are made in China, not the UK.

And it shows.. my buddy has a Joy a1 and its nothing but a head ache..

CG..

Acually I think he may do some since the NPS split.... although now I think he is an in house guy and not a out source.. There is a thread on PBN about a pair of Marq's that were miss milled with both the M6 and Rapper milling patterns that he was flaunting as an " ooops mine now " sort of thing.

either way.. I love my M6 Rapper.. by far best paint gun Ive owned new in a while. Considering the last gun I bought new was a Tac8 that shows alot :)

jenarelJAM
02-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Bob Long's son, Zack I think... owns a local shop 15 minutes from my house. He pretty much just sells timmys, ions, and overpriced paint. I haven't been there in over three years, called a few times to check inventory, but haven't gone in.

Also, a couple of my friends from school who used to play a bit of tourney ball met with Bob Long at some point, I can't remember when, but he's local around here.

detroit
02-17-2007, 10:28 AM
smart parts make the ion over seas i have a link to the company that make it for them they make part for tippmann and smart parts cp they make the shell for hybrid and other stuff also .