PDA

View Full Version : Board and Noid Question

Remagk
02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
will 12v cause any damage to a board usually running on 9v and also the SMC 5vdc noid?
appriaciate for the info. :cheers:

nryche
02-16-2007, 08:22 PM
will 12v cause any damage to a board usually running on 9v and also the SMC 5vdc noid?
appriaciate for the info. :cheers:

Depends on the board I would guess.. I have pumped 12v volts into a few boards with no probs... As for the SMC Noid. It seems like a lot of power wasted with 12v running in to it. Why not use a power Reg for 6v. you can get them at Radio Shack

Remagk
02-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Depends on the board I would guess.. I have pumped 12v volts into a few boards with no probs... As for the SMC Noid. It seems like a lot of power wasted with 12v running in to it. Why not use a power Reg for 6v. you can get them at Radio Shack
power reg? any link to it?
I am kind of dump on electric related issue.

Rabbit
02-17-2007, 06:30 AM
IIRC most boards have built in regs that drop the incoming voltage down to ~6 volts or so. Pushing 12 volts into a board is probably not the best idea however due to most boards being designed to only receive around ~9 as far as input.

p8ntbal4me
02-17-2007, 03:00 PM

This comes straight from WAS on a post I left them. I personally have tried this and found no issues with the AKA Viking board.

"All WAS boards are capable of taking 35VDC in with problems or issues regarding the warrenty on your WAS board."

If you want a board that can handle alot of power and switch it well,... look for WAS boards.

As far as the regulator mentioned, you only need it if the board runs correctly on the 9volt source vice a higher input VDC.

Generally speaking, you should regulate the power on boards that are made to run on 9VDC UNLESS the maker of the board tells you other wise.

Remagk
02-17-2007, 03:33 PM
thanks for all the info. :cheers:

p8ntbal4me
02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
thanks for all the info. :cheers:

Hey Remagk;

I got that RTP rail on my classic RT body (after cutting the body to take an Emag valve).

Its sick! Reactive trigger on a 3000psi / 850 psi preset tank!!

Thanks soooo much for the rail. Its rips muppets! :D

Remagk
02-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey Remagk;

I got that RTP rail on my classic RT body (after cutting the body to take an Emag valve).

Its sick! Reactive trigger on a 3000psi / 850 psi preset tank!!

Thanks soooo much for the rail. Its rips muppets! :D
n.p. my friend glad you enjoy it.

Ydna
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
The voltage regulator has a "maximum input voltage" amount, where it will fail (fry) if you go over. It's generally between 12-16 volts for most pb gun parts. Designers don't tend to go higher since there isn't a reason to (assuming everybody will use a 9v battery).

If using a waz board then you'd be fine. But if not then you'd have to find the specs for the voltage regulator being used, and make sure 12 isn't outside of the input limit.

Rabbit
02-21-2007, 12:50 AM
This comes straight from WAS

I am sorry, but I do not trust anything that Jim has to say. He's a proven half-wit and at least a partial liar.

p8ntbal4me
02-21-2007, 01:24 AM
I am sorry, but I do not trust anything that Jim has to say. He's a proven half-wit and at least a partial liar.

I dont know him the way you do I guess.

From my point of view,.. WAS handed me, in writting, that the boards support 35VDC max input.

If then, the board fries under those conditions, I would think they would have a hard time fighting my warrenty on the board.

BigEvil
02-21-2007, 11:00 AM
The 'board' situation in paintball is ridiculous. NO ONE has any sort of DIY boards, wtf is going on?

Bartman
02-21-2007, 11:50 AM
The 'board' situation in paintball is ridiculous. NO ONE has any sort of DIY boards, wtf is going on?

KM2 design has the morlock board, I think tag sells the Mini-morlock self install as well.

I have had a morlock board for a couple of years, never got around to puttingit in anything.

Bartman

SlartyBartFast
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Buy yourself a BASICStamp.... As DIY as you can get. :p

BigEvil
02-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Buy yourself a BASICStamp.... As DIY as you can get. :p

A little too 'diy' for me :-) I think that would defeat the whole idea of something small enough to fit anyhow...

BigEvil
02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
KM2 design has the morlock board, I think tag sells the Mini-morlock self install as well.

I have had a morlock board for a couple of years, never got around to puttingit in anything.

Bartman

There are no more. I paid KM2 over a year ago for one that i never received, with promises that "They are coming soon" over and over again. TAG has been saying they have no idea when their replacements will show up,, basically same situation as the emag predators.

stonersr26
02-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Bartman

You want to sell or trade something for it?

p8ntbal4me
02-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Im working on a solution man,... I got a board,... I have software too boot!

I need to get more parts for my kit so I can start selling the boards as an individual item.

As of todate, my project is a year out.

If things fall through with my kit,.. at least Ill have the boards. But that means that they WONT be cheap. And whe I say that,.. I mean NOT CHEAP!

Ydna
02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
If they're worthy, then I don't think you'd have a problem selling. Orders may trickle in but at least it's something.

p8ntbal4me
02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
If they're worthy, then I don't think you'd have a problem selling. Orders may trickle in but at least it's something.

Yeah I see your point.

But everyone was so hyped up on the whole "Predator code in an Emag" crap from TAG that now all the "little guys" have is,... "well my code isnt TAGs but it works"

90% of the noobish players who buy guns now buy that which is popular or the "in thing".

I just kinda milled over the numbers,.. and to break even,... the boards would have to be around $250 each. Which means for me to draw up a profite to make it worth wild to do a lage run of boards,.. they would have to be about $250-300. Depending on how fast I can recover off the first batch.

To me,.. thats steep. Alot more than people are willing to pay.

Just my humble opinion.

Bartman
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
There are no more. I paid KM2 over a year ago for one that i never received, with promises that "They are coming soon" over and over again. TAG has been saying they have no idea when their replacements will show up,, basically same situation as the emag predators.

Well that sucks, maybe I shoudl keep mine then I was thinking about selling it off, Hmmm when I get my new mag I was thinking about making it pnumatic electro , but I can use a chaos board for that .

Sorry to here about your luck with KM2

Bartman

p8ntbal4me
02-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I was on a rather hot trail to have board made with the shape of the emag board simular to the WAS Viking board.

I had it down to one guy,.. then all of a sudden after the first of the new year,... nothing. No responces, replies, email,... nothing.

Makes me pretty mad when I get close to doing things and then the door gets slammed in my face and there was not window to begin with.

:mad: