PDA

View Full Version : Help with hosting a paintball video? (Pneumag Video Tutorial)

Pneumagger
02-17-2007, 07:22 AM
I made a video tutorial on the making of a pneumag last night and got it all in my computer and everything. It covers most of the actuator install, trigger rod setup, and 3 way install - as well as explanation of certain things. I basically did it as a more in depth educational thing for people interested in doing their own conversions.

The problem is that it's about 190+ MB and over 40 mins long. YouTube basically laughed at me when i tried to upload it. :(

Is there any suggestions as to how I should go about getting this up on AO for people to see?
Does somebody around here have the ability to host it?
I think it's really informative and should be shared.

Mescalito
02-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Crop it into 4 sections, then upload to youtube. Look into sony vegas 7.0.

StygShore
02-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Youtube quality sucks so bad!!! please tell me someone has the ability to convert and host this video without massive compression and degradation of quality.

Styg

skriptal
02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Youtube quality sucks so bad!!! please tell me someone has the ability to convert and host this video without massive compression and degradation of quality.

Styg

If your willing to break it into 2 parts Ill give you hosting for it

craltal
02-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure how much throughput I have, but I'd be willing to host on my .mac idisk for you

Thanna
02-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Wonder if Shingo would do it? :)

Lenny
02-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Umm... Putfile? I know they do video uploads, but I'm not sure what their upload limit is. You could also try Google video. I don't think they have an upload limit.

And 190 megs!? Dang. I'd still download it, though.

jenarelJAM
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Lemme ask my dad. I know he has webspace, and if he's okay with it, and you can send it to me on a cd or something, I'll see what I can do. But let me ask my dad first, I don't know anything about his service, or what kinds of restrictions is has.

Pneumagger
02-17-2007, 09:17 PM
I really don't want to have to break it into 5 separate sections and rerender everything and then wait to upload 5 separate 10 min videos to youtube.

This is the final clip from it though:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zCl0LhQrx3U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zCl0LhQrx3U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

StygShore
02-17-2007, 09:31 PM
I want it just for those grip panels.... is that sad?

Styg

jenarelJAM
02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Talked to my dad. Neither one of us knows anything about web design, so while he has the space, we don't know how to host it so it's downloadable to the public without giving them access to the ftp server, which wouldn't work. Anyone know where I can read up about web design? I know absolutely nothing, start me with the basics.

viper_ssc
02-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I can host the whole thing, I have plenty of excess space.

Mechanic79
02-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I can host as well. Email or PM me. I will have to give you settings to my FTP server.

Arstron
02-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Here are a couple of links of the video I just uploaded for pneumagger:

Full 184mb file:
http://www.fusionowners.org/pneumag/pneumag_how_to_large.wmv

Small version, 18.5mb file:
http://www.fusionowners.org/pneumag/pneumag_how_to_small.wmv

If anyone thinks the quality of the small version is reduced to much, let me know and I can edit again. :cheers:

scion
02-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Downloading high res, going pretty fast for me ~230 kbps. Should take 13 minutes or so.

Pneumagger
02-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Thank You Arstron!

10 e-cookies. :headbang:

Arstron
02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Downloading high res, going pretty fast for me ~230 kbps. Should take 13 minutes or so.

Glad to hear its going fast!

Glad I could help Pneumagger. :cheers:

olinar
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
i just saw the vid and now im kickin myself for not jumpin on an airwalk frame and for selling my pneumatics. special thanks to leroy jenkins lol.

do you have a pic of the modified cp on/off. id like to see what you did it on it.

Pneumagger
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
i just saw the vid and now im kickin myself for not jumpin on an airwalk frame and for selling my pneumatics. special thanks to leroy jenkins lol.

do you have a pic of the modified cp on/off. id like to see what you did it on it.

I was using a 60 min DV and ran out of room by the time it came to assembling and hooking up the 3way and actuator assemblies. That's why I'm basically like - "Uh, ok just hook up the hoses from here and Good Luck :tard: " Then I saved the last 2 mins of available video to shoot the short teaser vid of the completed pneumag. If I ever feel motivated again, I'll have to do a Front LPR mount and an internal mount for the camera when I get more blank DV's.

I actually did the ASA/LPR work between the MPA-3 assembly and the 3 way install while my batteries recharged on the camera. You can notice the difference in the bottom of the frame in the two portions of the video.

For the internal LPR, you will not get away with a dremmel or drill press. You'll need a mill to face off the top of the ASA for an oring gland, bore into it for air supply, and then to cleanly remove a fair amount of material from the inside-bottom of the airwalk frame. Also, you do not have any idea how hard it is to tap a 1/8 npt through a hole - best workout ever.

/thank god it's near impossible to break a 1/8-27 tap by hand.

geekwarrior
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I was using a 60 min DV and ran out of room by the time it came to assembling and hooking up the 3way and actuator assemblies. That's why I'm basically like - "Uh, ok just hook up the hoses from here and Good Luck :tard: " Then I saved the last 2 mins of available video to shoot the short teaser vid of the completed pneumag. If I ever feel motivated again, I'll have to do a Front LPR mount and an internal mount for the camera when I get more blank DV's.

do you have the short teaser part you could post seperate so we don't have to watch the full 50min?

beautiful btw, just fantastic. good job. :hail:

Pneumagger
02-19-2007, 02:36 PM
do you have the short teaser part you could post seperate so we don't have to watch the full 50min?

beautiful btw, just fantastic. good job. :hail:

I posted it up there in the this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/v/zCl0LhQrx3U

Smoothice
02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
800 kb/sec

3 min and 30 seconds left.

Yeah :clap:

Arstron
02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
800 kb/sec

3 min and 30 seconds left.

Yeah :clap:

:wow:

And I was worried that the download speeds wouldnt be that great....

Smoothice
02-19-2007, 05:18 PM

And I was worried that the download speeds wouldnt be that great....

It even jumped up to 830kb/sec about half way through.

Thanks for hosting it.

And thanks pneumagger for putting it together. :shooting:

shorty24
02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
OMG, best tutorial in paintball history :wow:

/no, really
//thx Joe!! :headbang:

etjoyride
02-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Just watched it. awesomely done JOE.

behemoth
02-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Apparently i contributed to this.

Drinking cider with joe, and looking at a half-designed frame on his lappy is contribution apparently...

Lupis Fidelis
02-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Pnuemagger,

You have done us all a great service with this amazing tutoral. I am anxiously awaiting and hoping that you release an LPR/ASA/3way-actuator tutoral.

billmi
02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Pneumagger,
It's already hosted now, but just for future reference...

We now have free broadband streaming hosting as a part of PigTV (PigTV.net) That video is bigger than we can handle via web upload, but as long as we can get the data by putfile or some other transfer - even a DV tape or file on a data DVD sent in the mail, it's not a problem for us to encode stuff of any length, with clean 500 Kbps Flash encoding the video comes out very sharp.

Carbon Blue
02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
dlin at 1.5megs a second! Should take about 2 mins :D If word gets out on pbn all the little aggies will be all over this :(

Ebbed
08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
is there any links to this video still active if so please PM me.