PDA

View Full Version : I have a really stupid question...

don miguel
02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
...that I have been wondering about for a while. (what do you expect from me)
what if you took any AGD valve out of it's mainbody, and gassed it up? would the bolt go flying? would you have to press the on/off first, then the bolt would go flying? has anyone tried this? (not that I am going to try this).

DaFin
02-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Most likely the on/off would be the first thing to launch but if you could somehow hold it in, the bolt would go next.

Desega
02-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Don't you have ANYTHING better to do?

Pneumagger
02-17-2007, 05:19 PM
the on/off shoots around and puts holes in cheap walls (or faces).

1337caesar
02-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Ive shot an on/off into a piece of cake... i had to chew carefully

don miguel
02-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Ive shot an on/off into a piece of cake... i had to chew carefully

automags and cake...

Nick E
02-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I did that by accident once..shot the pin past my face and across the room at a surprising speed. If you can hold the on/off(which is possible, but not easy or recommended) then the bolt will fly out..BTW, it's an extremely easy way to lose tiny expensive parts.

Evil1
02-19-2007, 01:42 AM
That is a very unsafe and stupid idea. Would you get an hp tank filled with a bolt or other crucial piece missing from the reg filled?

athomas
02-19-2007, 08:09 AM
If you manage to hold the on-off in flush with the body, the bolt won't fly out. There won't be any air in the chamber to push the bolt. If the on-off pin is not flush, then the chamber will charge and the bolt will pop like a cork.

snoopay700
02-19-2007, 11:21 AM
If you manage to hold the on-off in flush with the body, the bolt won't fly out. There won't be any air in the chamber to push the bolt. If the on-off pin is not flush, then the chamber will charge and the bolt will pop like a cork.
Beat me to it. That's only if you hold the pin all the way down though, and with that pressure you'd need a metal plate or something hard because your finger would be in pain if you could hold it like that. But yeah, if you could hold the on/off in but not flush, then the bolt would fly off. Either way, it would be ugly, and this is one reason you always pull the trigger before disassembly, because i've heard stories where pressure was still in the valve and the on/off pin flew out when they took the valve out.

Spider-TW
02-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow, now I know why they sell all those spare parts! I figured we were just dropping them down the kitchen sink or something, not lost in the sheet rock! :rofl:

Nick E
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
^^Never said we were the smartest group ever..lol

jenarelJAM
02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Beat me to it. That's only if you hold the pin all the way down though, and with that pressure you'd need a metal plate or something hard because your finger would be in pain if you could hold it like that. But yeah, if you could hold the on/off in but not flush, then the bolt would fly off. Either way, it would be ugly, and this is one reason you always pull the trigger before disassembly, because i've heard stories where pressure was still in the valve and the on/off pin flew out when they took the valve out.
Actually, I've done this quite a bit. It was, for the longest time, the only way I could degas my xvalve. I didn't have a screw-in, and hadn't figured out that q/d's existed yet, so to degas my marker at the end of the day, I'd dry-fire the marker until the pressure was down to about 400 in the line, and then I'd carefully remove the valve from the back, After an inch or so, the on/off would pop out and vent the air, but still be held mostly in place by the rail. So no worries, you won't kill yourself that way... :cheers:

don miguel
02-22-2007, 07:05 PM
this is good thread. Now I know, not the bolt, but the pin... I still think the bolt flying ofgf would be cooler. Does anyone know how fast the bolt would go?

warpig13
02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
this is good thread. Now I know, not the bolt, but the pin... I still think the bolt flying ofgf would be cooler. Does anyone know how fast the bolt would go?

AO should require an IQ test to be taken before people can register.

MoeMag
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
My first on/off went thru a glass kitchen counter a few years back.

I dont suggest it.

don miguel
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
AO should require an IQ test to be taken before people can register.
you seem to be the only one who hasnt had a flying on/off pin expierience. how about you go and troll in your own "warpig" forums. don't be a party pooper, and I hope to god you don't work for warpig. i asked this question for a sierious reason, because I put my classic on/off assembly in hile accedentally missing an oring. it was hard to get out, so i was wondering if I could have just gassed up the valve w/o putting it back into the gun. I didn't want the bolt to go flying.

Nick E
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
you seem to be the only one who hasnt had a flying on/off pin expierience. how about you go and troll in your own "warpig" forums. don't be a party pooper, and I hope to god you don't work for warpig. i asked this question for a sierious reason, because I put my classic on/off assembly in hile accedentally missing an oring. it was hard to get out, so i was wondering if I could have just gassed up the valve w/o putting it back into the gun. I didn't want the bolt to go flying.

See, you should have said that first. Then we would know the method behind your maddness. Otherwise, we're all thinking you're just going to hurt someone with it, lol.

billmi
02-26-2007, 08:52 AM
and I hope to god you don't work for warpig. i asked this question for a sierious reason,

He/she does not.

athomas
02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
...i asked this question for a sierious reason, because I put my classic on/off assembly in hile accedentally missing an oring. it was hard to get out, so i was wondering if I could have just gassed up the valve w/o putting it back into the gun. I didn't want the bolt to go flying.Why would you put the bolt in place just to force the on-off pin out? the bolt wouldn't be needed. Once the pin was dislodged, the air would escape out the on-off assembly hole left by the vacated pin. I wouldn't charge the gun quickly to do this or you could have a high velocity projectile. A gentle charge of air could easily apply just the force needed if controlled properly. I would still aim it towards a soft absorbent surface such as a thick blanket to keep it from bouncing around the room in the event that it did get a quick charge of air or popped like a cork after it became unstuck.

snoopay700
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Actually, i've always been careful, so it never happened to me. Also, with how the old rts are set up it's impossible for me to gas it up outside the gun, or anyone else, so i have no worries.