PDA

View Full Version : Army question

Swampy
02-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Alright I got my ship date pushed back till I finish the semster at the end of April. My question is about the split program. Is it any easier just to take a break from school do all the military training then just reenter school or better of doing boot coming back for 2 semsters then AIT?

kosmo
02-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Each has its drawbacks. If you do the split training, youll go back to school and think youre king of the world for having gone through basic. That tends to piss people off. Youll also probably not be in as good of shape when you head to AIT. Youll have a harder time adapting to having a drill sergeants foot in your butt when you go back. Overall I think the worst thing about it would have to be that youre ensuring you go through all your training during the hot summer months as opposed to nice, cool fall weather. Going through it all at once though isnt exactly the most fun, as spending 6-8 months in basic/ait sucks. Overall, Id say go for it all at once. The whole basic before finishing high school is just a trick to try to turn you into a recruiter anyway.

Swampy
02-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Each has its drawbacks. If you do the split training, youll go back to school and think youre king of the world for having gone through basic. That tends to piss people off. Youll also probably not be in as good of shape when you head to AIT. Youll have a harder time adapting to having a drill sergeants foot in your butt when you go back. Overall I think the worst thing about it would have to be that youre ensuring you go through all your training during the hot summer months as opposed to nice, cool fall weather. Going through it all at once though isnt exactly the most fun, as spending 6-8 months in basic/ait sucks. Overall, Id say go for it all at once. The whole basic before finishing high school is just a trick to try to turn you into a recruiter anyway.

not high school, college. I can see about what your saying about spliting it up and coming back and acting like a prick.

kruger
02-18-2007, 07:37 AM
My advice is to do it all at once, no matter when you have to do it. Then, once you are done, your done. Been to Army and Navy boot camp. Obviously, one is a lot easier than the other, but, from my experience, you want to get it over with.

kosmo
02-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I didnt know they do that for college too. Interesting. If youre about to finish college, why the heck are you going enlisted?

Swampy
02-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I didnt know they do that for college too. Interesting. If youre about to finish college, why the heck are you going enlisted?

its actually only technical school for a drafting course. And I want to continue schooling and go for another degree in Landscape Architiect.