PDA

View Full Version : anyone's superbolt too fat?

SGT FURY
01-02-2002, 09:34 PM
mine would not fit into my mag body. I used 300 or 400 grit sand paper to sand the outside diameter until it fit through the body.after I did that it shot fine I have had zero breaks so far.

IceCool32
01-02-2002, 09:48 PM
I may not be up to date, but I thought Superbolts weren't suppose to be used yet? Or did you return yours and get a new one?

*Don't flame me if the "update" did not ask for superbolts to be returned*

LaW
01-02-2002, 10:13 PM
i believe those are for the extreme's so you probably had the wrong bolt.

headcase
01-02-2002, 10:18 PM
I think Law is right...there are different Superbolts for the normal mags and another set for the xtreem bodied mags. It sounds like you got the latter, you should have asked before you modified it, because now if it cracks like some have been, I don't think AGD will replace it.

jurassic
01-02-2002, 10:34 PM
For one thing you don't know what AGD will do or not do. Tom has already explained that the sleeve may be at a point where it could break. Let the Sgt. and AGD work it out.

LaW
01-02-2002, 10:35 PM
but we can almost say for certain that he doesn't have the right bolt for his gun :)

jurassic
01-02-2002, 10:48 PM
What's this we? Speak for yourself only. Almost? Certain? Which is it?
:D ;)

LaW
01-02-2002, 11:09 PM
that was uncalled for i believe :)

headcase
01-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by jurassic
For one thing you don't know what AGD will do or not do. Tom has already explained that the sleeve may be at a point where it could break. Let the Sgt. and AGD work it out.

Well it is general policy that when you modify something in anyway you void any potential warranty. This is the only one of a couple of cases I've heard of where a bolt was too wide. In every case it has been because the end user had the wrong bolt.

Yes Tom has said that the bolt MAY crack, and that was with non-modified superbolts. In those cases I'm sure that AGD will replace them, in this case the bolt was modified without AGD saying to do it(at least the poster doesn't say he was told to do so) so now if it cracks it is no longer AGD's fault.

and BTW I know I don't know what AGD will or will not do, that is why in my original post I said "I don't think AGD will replace it" which is a statement of opinion based on what I have observed in this industry and others.

SGT FURY
01-03-2002, 08:36 AM
didnt think about it when i modified it.i still havent broke a ball with it 68 classic or emag.if you cant get an extreme yet how are the wrong bolts getting out?

headcase
01-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Because they have to make the bolts to put in the xtreems when they are released and a couple just got mixed in. I don't know HOW it happened, but from what I've read in every case where a bolt didn't fit into a mag, it was because it was an xtreem bolt. There are some xtreems and SFL's out there just not in general release yet.

manike
01-03-2002, 08:57 AM
There are some Extreme's out, and the SFL extremes have been available from BBT since the October World Cup!

manike

SGT FURY
01-08-2002, 03:55 PM
spoke to AGD tech..... they would have done what i did if they ever ran out of reg superbolts.......whew....

Bluntman
01-08-2002, 04:01 PM
jurassic seems a bit... touchy

jurassic
01-08-2002, 07:34 PM
I have been more than a bit touchy. And I apologize to all that have been offended at any of my actions or posts.
jurassic
:)