PDA

View Full Version : Modular Bodies and RT Pro Sight Rail Questions!

OldSchoolMag
01-02-2002, 09:53 PM
Okay, from what I gathered, the modular bodies are just regular bodies with Autococker barrel threads, right? Nothing else special, from what I understand. But, if I'm wrong, tell me - heck, assure me even if I'm right!
Also, the raised sight rail on the RT Pro - if I remove it, can I still safely use the 'gun, or should I not?
Thanks for your help!

DYE-BaLLeR
01-02-2002, 10:05 PM
you are partly right about the modular body, another thing (the main thing) about modular bods are you can change the breech to be vertical feed or warp side feed.and yes u can remove the sight rail and still use the gun safely,

Paintchucker
01-02-2002, 11:23 PM
I took my site rail off. Now my RT Pro looks sexy naked, in an old school mag kinda way !!! LOL...

OldSchoolMag
01-02-2002, 11:40 PM
I took my site rail off. Now my RT Pro looks sexy naked, in an old school mag kinda way !!!

LOL! That has to be one of the most... odd statements I've ever read! Thanks, guys!

manike
01-03-2002, 04:54 AM
OldSchoolMag, I am not sure what you mean when you say the modular bodies are just regular bodies that take autococker threads.

They DO take autococker threads.

They are not of a tubular design. They are made of aluminium. They are a body piece which replaces the original stainless steal tube body, the aluminium body rail and site rail with one aluminium part. The new body can be machined and annodised.

They have modules in the breech area which can be changed for vert feed or side warp feed etc.

They allow you to use an Anti Chop Eye...

So NO I wouldn't say they were just regular bodies that allow you to take cocker barrels :) I'd say they are a bit more than that...

manike

Paintchucker
01-03-2002, 12:31 PM
LOL, sorry, I didn't even notice your user name. I do like my rt pro without the site rail because it gives it a look more similar to the older mags. :)

OldSchoolMag
01-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Thanks Manike, but DARN! I thought you could use the ACE with normal bodies, but... bah! Man, that stinks - one of my favorite parts of the Mag is the ease of barrel cleaning, and one of the main reasons I never bought a Cocker! I don't much care for the anodizing/milling option, nice thought though for those who want to do purdy things like that! Now I don't know WHAT I'll do! I wanted an ACE, but I'm not going to sacrifice one of my favorite features... or am I? Man, I would KILL for a middle road right about now!