PDA

View Full Version : Lessons with Ollie Lang?

RavishingEddie
02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I would this be worth it? 1 day event with lessons from Ollie Lang, Free lunch and a signed poster of him! $200.00!! :ninja: I know he is real cool and all but can I get the same from watching training videos?

Pacifist_Farmer
02-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I can't offer much help here, but does it just sound stupid to anyone else?

I imagine you get "lessons" and Ollie comes out for 20 minutes to show off some slides, and then he's gone.

I feel not worth it.

where am i?
02-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I can get hands on lessons any time I want its called go to a field on team night. Like here at boston paintball the Hurricanes come every team night.

Miscue
02-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Personally I think it's goofy.

jenarelJAM
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
See if you can find out more. If it's an open invitation, plan on many many people being there and getting no quality teaching time in. If there are only five of you with him for two hours, I think you could learn something. More info?

bentothejam1n
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
I can get hands on lessons any time I want its called go to a field on team night. Like here at boston paintball the Hurricanes come every team night.
ive been wondering why you so good :tard:

dave p
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
uh, no.

Pump Scout
02-20-2007, 11:13 AM
If you can afford it, go for it. Oliver Lang is, at the moment, probably the best tournament player in the world. If you want to learn, might as well learn from the best.

I know the sentiment against PBN here, but if anyone wants to see some pics of a recent clinic around here, I'll drop a link at the bottom of this post. I'm not associated with anyone involved, didn't go, but saw the pics this morning.

Oliver Lang Clinic pictures thread (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2028983)

geekwarrior
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
If you can afford it, go for it. Oliver Lang is, at the moment, probably the best tournament player in the world. If you want to learn, might as well learn from the best.

really? I don't think he's the best...just probably the best poster boy for paintball. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but I think there are better players out there.

Like was said earlier....5-10 people there, you'd prob learn something....much more than that and it'd be a waste of $200.

slade
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
i wouldnt go myself, as you can probably learn just as much from playing with a good local team. but as others have said, see if you can find out how many other people are going. my guess would be 20-40, but if its a small group, then it might be worth it.

do they let single players in on team night at BPS? i know they used to, but that was when team night was wednesday night, which is now bring your own equipment night.

paintballfiend
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
$200!!! Screw that. I might as well get me an X-valve. It's worth more than anything Ollie can teach me. :p

mag_lover05
02-20-2007, 05:36 PM
i would pay the 200, get in my lesson, and half way through kick him in the teeth. what a tool. personally, i think hes a DONKEY!

don miguel
02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
but does it just sound stupid to anyone else?

ABSOLUTELY!

Ollie lang get's so much press for making one move, he is not the best player in paintball. There have been and there are much better players than him. For example, Konstantin Federov, a front for them crazy Russians, has made many better moves than Ollie. Konstantin plays on a better team, and has more skill. I would pay 400$ to spend a day with Konstantin, who is a much better player, and dosen't rely on press to give him his skills.
Even players on his ld team Dynasty such as Alex Fraige and Ryan Greenspan are much better all around players than him. Don't get me wrong, Ollie is a great paintballer, he is just a marketing figurehead for many companies such as :mad: Smartparts :mad: and now DYE. I just hate the amount of press he gets when there are much better palyers than him.

DONT DO THE STUPID TRAINING!!!

paintballfiend
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
ABSOLUTELY!

Ollie lang get's so much press for making one move, he is not the best player in paintball. There have been and there are much better players than him. For example, Konstantin Federov, a front for them crazy Russians, has made many better moves than Ollie. Konstantin plays on a better team, and has more skill. I would pay 400$ to spend a day with Konstantin, who is a much better player, and dosen't rely on press to give him his skills.
Even players on his ld team Dynasty such as Alex Fraige and Ryan Greenspan are much better all around players than him. Don't get me wrong, Ollie is a great paintballer, he is just a marketing figurehead for many companies such as :mad: Smartparts :mad: and now DYE. I just hate the amount of press he gets when there are much better palyers than him.

DONT DO THE STUPID TRAINING!!!

Meh, you're just jealous he gets paid thousands of dollars to paintball and all you can do is bunker noobs with your SS-25. :rolleyes:

don miguel
02-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Meh, you're just jealous he gets paid thousands of dollars to paintball and all you can do is bunker noobs with your SS-25. :rolleyes:

I heard Ollie likes when people suck up and defend him. Mabe he will give you free admission to his camp, and a free DM7.

Tao
02-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I can't offer much help here, but does it just sound stupid to anyone else?

I imagine you get "lessons" and Ollie comes out for 20 minutes to show off some slides, and then he's gone.

I feel not worth it.

I have the same feeling, but then again some of these poeple are stand up guys and don't care aout the $$$$, they just do it for the fun.

I don't know anything about this guy or anything about any pro player (and I like it that way!), but for $200 you better get an 8 hour day.

Nick E
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
I'd suck up to him for a DM7..lol
I think I'd do it, if it was like, the cost of field fee or something. That's just a hell of a lot of money to do a paintball seminar( I guess that's pretty close to what this is)

paintballfiend
02-20-2007, 07:23 PM
I heard Ollie likes when people suck up and defend him. Mabe he will give you free admission to his camp, and a free DM7.
I wouldn't mind a free DM7.

slade
02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
...wait... did don miguel just say something relatively intelligent?

paintballfiend
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Where??? :confused: ???

slade
02-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Where??? :confused: ???
He used proper grammar and punctuation, only misspelled one word in the entire post, and didn't make a complete idiot out of himself.

/is that a first?

don miguel
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't mind a free DM7.
^Espicially from Ollie Lang, the best player ever. Mabe if he gave it to you, you would become a better player. And you would have more skill than me, while I'm just bunkering noobs with my SS25.

dave p
02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
i say take the cash and buy paint.

warpig13
02-20-2007, 08:57 PM

No.
The other posts in this thread are just mildly retarded.

/wonders how Don can post so much useless info over such short period of time.

paintballfiend
02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
^Espicially from Ollie Lang, the best player ever. Mabe if he gave it to you, you would become a better player. And you would have more skill than me, while I'm just bunkering noobs with my SS25.
Naw, DM's aren't my style. I think I will stick to my Phantom.

P.S. The first time I cocked my spyder marked the day I developed more skill than you. :p

Sk8ermog
02-21-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm planning on going to this to take pictures for Hollywood Sports. I've talked to Ollie a few times and he seems like a pretty chill guy. I've also video taped him playing right next to me and he's good, but like others have said he isn't the best. He's just like the Tony Hawk of the sport. There are better players out there, but non get as much press as him. He knows how to market himself and that in itself is a skill.

White_Noise
02-21-2007, 09:42 AM
if i had the money to go to a pro clinic, i would, and ive been playing for about 7 years. there is a lot you can learn from the pros, of course the better clinics will have more pros and less people attending because youll get more 1 on 1 time with them.

i think that anybody in any sport would spend the $150-$200 it costs to learn from a pro if they can afford it.

as for everyone cutting up on Ollie: grow a pair and grow up. he may not be quite the best player out there, but he is deffinately near the top. part of his skills come from not only how to play, but how he can lead a team and how he learns quickly from any mistakes made(notice how he always walks off slow and trys to figure out how he got hit when he gets out, gaurantee he wont do the same thing the next point)

Pump Scout
02-21-2007, 09:49 AM
as for everyone cutting up on Ollie: grow a pair and grow up. he may not be quite the best player out there, but he is deffinately near the top. part of his skills come from not only how to play, but how he can lead a team and how he learns quickly from any mistakes made(notice how he always walks off slow and trys to figure out how he got hit when he gets out, gaurantee he wont do the same thing the next point)

I was holding off on a similar post myself, in response to the "he's not the best" replies. No, he may not be THE best player out there, or even the best player in any given game, or on the tournament field today. I tend to think he's the best package player on the field today. He's a leader, a marketable face and name, a game breaker, and a solid all-around player. Can Player X do run-throughs better? Sure. Is So-And-So a better coach, or on-field captain? Probably. Is anyone more marketable right now? Trying to think of someone, and coming up blank. There's a few names, but nobody that pulls it off as well as Lang. Oddly, he seems to be a little sharper than your average player as well, and he's learned how to navigate the corporate paintball world well enough to take care of himself.

don miguel
02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Naw, DM's aren't my style. I think I will stick to my Phantom.

P.S. The first time I cocked my spyder marked the day I developed more skill than you. :p

no way, you cocked your spyder? I don't know how to do that! hey can you teach me how to open my hopper lid? and mabe while your at it, teach me how to pull the trigger? geeze Paintball is so confusing.

don miguel
02-21-2007, 05:56 PM
if i had the money to go to a pro clinic, i would, and ive been playing for about 7 years. there is a lot you can learn from the pros, of course the better clinics will have more pros and less people attending because youll get more 1 on 1 time with them.

i think that anybody in any sport would spend the $150-$200 it costs to learn from a pro if they can afford it.

ollie is good. I think he was better on dynasty.

paintballfiend
02-21-2007, 05:59 PM
no way, you cocked your spyder? I don't know how to do that! hey can you teach me how to open my hopper lid? and mabe while your at it, teach me how to pull the trigger? geeze Paintball is so confusing.
Sure man, no problem. I will PM you instructions.

bryceeden
02-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm planning on going to this to take pictures for Hollywood Sports. I've talked to Ollie a few times and he seems like a pretty chill guy. I've also video taped him playing right next to me and he's good, but like others have said he isn't the best. He's just like the Tony Hawk of the sport. There are better players out there, but non get as much press as him. He knows how to market himself and that in itself is a skill.

He(Ollie) actually said in an interview in PGI afew months ago that Alex Fraige is the best player in the world. Ollie seems pretty cool, and he definatly knows his stuff. But I don't know $200 is alot and you'd probably learn almost as much by spending $20 on the Dynasty Dysected video(which is actually well worth the money)

I was holding off on a similar post myself, in response to the "he's not the best" replies. No, he may not be THE best player out there, or even the best player in any given game, or on the tournament field today. I tend to think he's the best package player on the field today. He's a leader, a marketable face and name, a game breaker, and a solid all-around player. Can Player X do run-throughs better? Sure. Is So-And-So a better coach, or on-field captain? Probably. Is anyone more marketable right now? Trying to think of someone, and coming up blank. There's a few names, but nobody that pulls it off as well as Lang. Oddly, he seems to be a little sharper than your average player as well, and he's learned how to navigate the corporate paintball world well enough to take care of himself.

Ollie is probably the most consistant preformer in paintball. he may not be the absolute best on a given day but he is always a great player where as alot have good and bad days.

He may have tried but it didn't take too long for the middle school IQ to kick back in.

...And you would have more skill than me, while I'm just bunkering noobs with my SS25.

You know Don in my round about 10 years playing I've found that 100% of the players that talk them selves up alot and constantly refer to noobs, and how much they beat up on them suck. If you have to talk your self up constantly it means you don't have skills that can speak for them selves.

slade
02-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I guess I spoke too soon.

Desega
02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Bryce, your figures is wrong. only 90% suck, the other 10% are just jerks. Don, seriously, go back to PBnation.
Hey paintballfiend, while your at it maybe you can teach don how to use spellcheck.
no way, you cocked your spyder? I don't know how to do that! hey can you teach me how to not be gay? and mabe while your at it, teach me how to stop posting trash? geeze Paintball is so confusing.

SR_matt
02-21-2007, 07:32 PM
heres a cheaper solution, work at a field where a pro player works, much cheaper, much more info, and you will probably get a lot of cool free gear ;) (worked with a guy on mantis factory for almost 2 years, really cool guy, we always dissagreed on a lot of stuff but it was fun)

i guess i just got the good end of the stick, ive worked with players who play(ed) at a pro level, learned how to play scenario from some of the top scenario players in the country and have seen many many top level players play first hand and talk with them.

every thing he could teach you you can learn from just meeting enough people, if you dont want to spend the $$ go that route, but if you want answers now now now, pay the cash.

-matt