PDA

View Full Version : Best barrel kit?

mcclare
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm looking into buying a barrel kit for my mag. I'm not too sure what the difference is between them and why say the stiffi kit is so much more expensive than the pipe kit. I stopped playing for a while but I remember everyone back in the day had a smart parts all american with freak front. Something quiet would be ideal. Any suggestions?

__Phoenix__
02-19-2007, 03:24 PM
The Stiffi kit is expensive because it's made form Carbon fiber, and people will pay for that.

The best barrel(system) is a clean, dry barrel(system)
That's all.

Pneumagger
02-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Pheonix spake the truths of the divine wisdom.

I like the freak system. I use the WWA Justice Barrel ($40) and it accepts freak inserts which can be had fro $8-$15 each depending where you look.

mcclare
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
generally the accuracy comes from the paint to barrel match i hear. So really it shouldn't matter what the barrel is made of other than weight right? If thats true then the only difference you can get between them would be noise I would think. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

What barrels tend to be quiet? I'd like a quiet gun. I hear that the stiffi's are

Pneumagger
02-19-2007, 03:43 PM
generally the accuracy comes from the paint to barrel match i hear. So really it shouldn't matter what the barrel is made of other than weight right? If thats true then the only difference you can get between them would be noise I would think. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

What barrels tend to be quiet? I'd like a quiet gun. I hear that the stiffi's are

True in all reguards - although I'll bet a WS2 (Tungsten Disulfide) coated barrel would be extroardinately efficient (and cost $$$).

The more porting a barrel has over a longer distence should make it quieter (this does not apply to ramrod barrels).

StygShore
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
ramrod = gaps not porting :)

lots of little holes = quieter barrel less efficiency

Material a barrel is made of can also add to the sound signature. Anyone remember the ping from the crown point barrels?

Styg

kruger
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
If you are looking for a quiet barrel, I have found that the stock DM3 barrels are one of the quietest ones around. And, the porting is all at the end. Accurate as all get out too. I tend to buy every one that I can find. I also have a Lucky 15 kit that is very accurate. And, of course, the Freak kit, in stainless. I Like them all, and they all serve a specific purpose. But, as it has been said before, paint to barrel match is the important part. And, really most of the barrel kits offer that ability to match paint. So, it really comes down to the one that appeals to you the most. Either the visual factor, or the "wow" factor.

Pneumagger
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Styg, the Crown Point barrel was just aluminum. It had the ping because of the reverberation through the little ring at the end of the crown.

Kruger - IIRC the stock DM3 barrels were made from the ultralight barrel stock. So they are just unmilled no frills ultralights.

kruger
02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Kruger - IIRC the stock DM3 barrels were made from the ultralight barrel stock. So they are just unmilled no frills ultralights.

Yes sir, you are correct. The only real difference is that they are one piece and the porting.

txaggie08
02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
The deadlywind barrel is by far the nice CF barrel ive ever used.

snoopay700
02-19-2007, 06:33 PM
The Stiffi kit is expensive because it's made form Carbon fiber, and people will pay for that.

The best barrel(system) is a clean, dry barrel(system)
That's all.
So long as it has one ID down the length of it, don't forget.

cpt
02-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I have a J&J edge kit. I like it much better than my freak. Cheaper also, and very light. Been playing with it for 2 years and really impressed.

ricwhic414
02-20-2007, 10:07 AM
I love my evil kit with the stiffi front you get the best of both worlds

Pump Scout
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Just picked up a Lucky Un1tec barrel here, and I'm VERY happy with it so far. Available bores cover ranges wide enough that it makes a difference (685, 689, 693, and if you shoot golf balls, there's a 696), and isn't filled with bores you'll never use. The bore is full length, so it acts like a one-piece barrel. The pricing is excellent, and the whole thing is very light. Plus, there's the bonus of being able to pick up a $14 "back" if I wanted to put the same tubes on an Angel, Spyder, Ion, or whatever.

coreyander
02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
love my cp kit. I got a 5 back and 14" tip and padded case for like 120 brand spankin new locally, love it.

As accurate as any barrel ive shot.

SaintScythus
02-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Powerlyte=Amazing

I just got mine and I'll post a review of it on my mag when I can.

MoeMag
02-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Shoot good paint is the main thing, and get a .688 dye boomstick. There is just something about stainless steel, or Ti for that matter :p

End of story.

fullofpaint
02-22-2007, 09:33 PM
stiffi's are the quietest barrel I own, my mag barely makes any noise with it. I like ultralite's too, they're my next favorite.