PDA

View Full Version : My BST rant.......

coreyander
02-20-2007, 12:47 PM
ignorance is bliss.

I have been reading through the bst forums on many pb sites and there is some things that bug me.

1. Pro mojo or owned? I dont care who owned it, bulldogged it, or scratched it up, it doesnt make it worth more money.

2. Whats w/ all these sellers thinking a mini is worth 500 because its not easy to get (well they are available now, but I saw that a lot recently).

3. Its not 1 of 1 or "custom" when all you have done is swapped parts w/ someone.

4. Trades: must be heavily in my favor, only Im asking for CRAZY HEAVILY in my favor 2 4 1s, etc. Ive seen some crazy trade rules.

5. I have seen a thread w/ someone selling a DM6 for 500, so thats what ALL DM6s are worth. (gotta love that one)

End of rant.

Anyone want to add to the stupid aggolicious rules they have seen in bst threads?

Pump Scout
02-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I really like "I don't ship first - EVER. I don't care who you are or how much feedback you have. You came to me. Besides, my 6000 eBay feedback speaks for itself". :rofl:

Dryden
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
My single biggest complaint is dealing with lazy people. The "you know what it looks like" crowd who don't take pictures or offer a detailed description.

At the very least clean your crap before you try to resell it. :rolleyes:

This attitude makes no sense to me. Clean your item, take two pictures, and describe it well and you'll sell it in no time and make 10-20% more out of the deal for your effort.

robnix
02-20-2007, 01:26 PM
4. Trades: must be heavily in my favor, only Im asking for CRAZY HEAVILY in my favor 2 4 1s, etc. Ive seen some crazy trade rules.

I do this, but I have a reason, it's because I don't want to trade, it's a pain. When I first started selling stuff, I'd say "No Trades". It didn't work, I'd get posts and PM's with trade offers, so I changed it to "No trades unless it's heavily in my favor. I'm looking for cash and if we trade that means I have to sell your stuff, so make it worth my time."

CrimsonGhost
02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
ignorance is bliss.

I have been reading through the bst forums on many pb sites and there is some things that bug me.

1. Pro mojo or owned? I dont care who owned it, bulldogged it, or scratched it up, it doesnt make it worth more money.

It is worth whatever the person BUYING it pays for it ...can't blame somone for using a bit of HYPE to sell something.

2. Whats w/ all these sellers thinking a mini is worth 500 because its not easy to get (well they are available now, but I saw that a lot recently).

See the answer for #1...It is worth what some goon will pay.

3. Its not 1 of 1 or "custom" when all you have done is swapped parts w/ someone.

True...;) BUT it gets people to LOOK at your stuff...then haggle.

Meaning, "I do NOT want to trade..."

5. I have seen a thread w/ someone selling a DM6 for 500, so thats what ALL DM6s are worth. (gotta love that one)

I do not go with this way of thinking...I sell for what I want ...or close to it ...I EVENTUALY get what I want for it . Low prices usualy mean the seller NEEDS the cash...or it is hot;)

End of rant.

Anyone want to add to the stupid aggolicious rules they have seen in bst threads?

Don't like the persons "rules" don't deal with them.

I agree with the " I do not care how much feedback you have" rule...lol. If I show up with a wad of cash in my hand...He will care. :cheers:

JimmyBeam
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I love when they say the've spent hundreds on upping the damn gun, but then say its never seen paint. Only dry fired to test it out.

mmhmmm sure

CrimsonGhost
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
I love when they say the've spent hundreds on upping the damn gun, but then say its never seen paint. Only dry fired to test it out.

mmhmmm sure

I do this a fair amount...So it is NOT impossible.

RogueFactor
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I do this, but I have a reason, it's because I don't want to trade, it's a pain. When I first started selling stuff, I'd say "No Trades". It didn't work, I'd get posts and PM's with trade offers, so I changed it to "No trades unless it's heavily in my favor. I'm looking for cash and if we trade that means I have to sell your stuff, so make it worth my time."

So true. Trades are a hassle, and very time consuming.

I used to do something similar. Instead of saying 2-for-1, Id say "Your item must be worth more than mine, and youll add a minimum $50 in cash to the trade".

I found there were lots of kids out there that had no cash, and hoped to trade up for an item. So the best way to avoid them was to ask for cash, and ask them to trade down. It worked.

calebh
02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
At the very least clean your crap before you try to resell it. :rolleyes:
^that^ it pisses me off when i get dirty parts or there's a flaw that the seller "forgot" to tell me about. i'll usually just gripe at him and let it go. lol

coreyander
02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
all good additions to the rant. I totally agree w/ all of them. Some I didnt even think of.

But ya, just because I dont like someones rules doesnt mean I cant rant about it. I dont deal with ppl if I dont like their rules. If ppl say I dont ship first, and want to trade up.......good luck w/ that. Its just annoying.

Desega
02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I've always enjoyed people who part out and sell their parts more than once. I tried to buy a part for my mag from a guy only to be pm-ed and told that he sold it to someone else becuase he forgot I already paid for it. Got a refund though. Keep track of your parts if your going to sell them.

Toll
02-20-2007, 07:30 PM
"my thread"- For trades. They don't link the thread, they don't say what the terms, conditions or anything else is..just "my thread".

'u add' - ADD WHAT?!

I tell them I live in Canada, my location says I live in Canada. My Address clearly states I live in Canada....Do not ***** to me about the shipping price when you say "shipped" and you know where you're shipping to.

^----- Goes double for anyone who I deal with, talk with, spend time bargaining with and then says "well where do you want to meet"

"You ship first" - They have 3 paintball related feedback instances, one is a negative

"Custom milled" - A ROTARY TOOL IS NOT A MILL GOD DAMN IT.

robnix
02-20-2007, 10:27 PM
So true. Trades are a hassle, and very time consuming.

I used to do something similar. Instead of saying 2-for-1, Id say "Your item must be worth more than mine, and youll add a minimum $50 in cash to the trade".

I found there were lots of kids out there that had no cash, and hoped to trade up for an item. So the best way to avoid them was to ask for cash, and ask them to trade down. It worked.

Let's not forget getting a good quality lowball. It's nice to get the bump, but I've gotten some through a post or a PM that were just plain embarrassing.

NoForts4Me
02-20-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm with Dryden on the pictures. I want to see pictures. If you can't take a picture because your little sister has your camera or your batteries are dead, wait until you can get pictures and then make a B/S/T post.

Have the item on hand. Not in someone else's.

Don't post items for sale, and then never respond to any of the questions asked in the thread. If you don't want to sell it, don't post it.

That's all for now...

Pneumagger
02-21-2007, 05:15 AM

"Custom milled" - A ROTARY TOOL IS NOT A MILL GOD DAMN IT.

I know. :cuss:

coreyander
02-21-2007, 07:52 AM
agreed on the milling one. Probably the best one yet.

Custom milled and anodized. (cut w/ a dremel, a hacksaw, and a drill press. oh....and 3 different grit of sandpaper.)...lol.

and this one always makes me laugh.

My gun is worth more because it is a low serial number. (I can understand that for collectors type markers, but not an nxt shocker.....lol)

Pneumagger
02-21-2007, 08:44 AM
I have Viking serial #VK00036. I think it's the 3rd oldest that's been tracked down - and it ain't worth anything extra just because of that. Heck, I got it for $300 in pristine shape.

I hate when people are like, "OMGWTFBBQ!!!11eleventy - Only 12 gloss brown timmies were ever made - this is a 1 of 12."

I wanna smack 'em so bad upside the head with a baseball bat. :cuss:

StygShore
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM
My personal favorite BST add in recent weeks was the person that saw a Mini at their local shop, and posted that there was one up there, and he would sell it, and he figured after shipping and everything it would be about 500.00...

Selling something you don't even own and making 100.00 profit ( well, myabe 75.00 after shipping ) Thats a hell of a deal isn't it?

In all my years of selling and trading, I can honesly say that 90% of used gun I ever got were dirty,and had to be stripped down and cleaned - Except the Promaster I got from NoForts4Me - it was spotless, I wouldn't have thought it was used if not for the green paint that had stained the white delrin bolt.

If they can't even clean the gun enough to make it presentable for resale, imagine how they treat the rest of their gear.

Styg

NoForts4Me
02-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey, thanks for the positive mention, Styg! I'll say the same for the clean gun I received from you in trade....spotless!

Guns and parts not being in the conditioned mentioned when you receive them, or having a few things wrong with them that the seller "forgot" to mention is a big issue, too, as well as dirty guns.

I'll say that on here and MCB, I've had mostly positive results when trading. It's like everything else, though, if you treat others like you want to be treated, things will work out well for the most part.

Toll
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
"Gun shoots fine but there's a small leak" - You get it, there is a large leak, the marker will not fire and with the leak there is no way it could fire.

"slight issue with the eyes" - Now I know this can sometimes happen, some times it's the alignment or what ever else...other times it's because you don't have the eye in there and you are selling it as if it had eyes....~.~

"Dude, just slip some cash in the envelope and mail it" - Get killed.

Steelrat
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM

I agreed with your rants, except for this one. I have, on occasion, cited competing prices to a seller when they reacted negatively to an offer I made. I'm interested in getting the best deal I can for myself, so why is this a bad thing?

coreyander
02-21-2007, 02:07 PM
only thing is that who knows what condition a DM6 that someone is selling for 500 is in? and maybe someone wanted to sell it in 1 day, so they posted that price. My point is that doesnt mean that everyone should sell their DM6 for 500 cause someone else does.

I agree w/ the competing prices though. I look for an avg price. I wouldnt expect to pay on either end of the spectrum (extremely low or extremely high). Although if someone did say they want 500 for a DM6, I would jump all over it depending on their reputation as a seller, but I wont go to every other DM6 thread posting a link saying "this guy is only asking 500.....so I think I will barter and lowball yours". I know it can sometimes be a tactic to get someone to lower their price some, but I was just making a general point.

for example, I see milled vikings going for 750 and less sometimes, but I wouldnt go into the thread for the DCSL that Murderhearts had milled and post an offer for 750 and try to insist that is all its worth. That is really the context I posted that one in.......kinda sounded wrong when I re-read it though. :)

SR_matt
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
my friend had his hands on, traded to a friend and is in the middle of trading back for it (its lost via USPS right now so hes rather p'o'ed) but the gun is only worth 300-350ish and it was insured for 500 but the history of the gun to him is worth a lot more than 500 bucks ( very few of the gun made, it was supposedly on dynasty originaly, supposedly Tom had signed it at one point and some dumb butt cleaned it off. he had to rebuild it half the way to fix it which was how he learned how to really tech and fix angels well)

his reasoning is more so for a sentimental value and the history of the gun than anything else

many of the trades and sales going on on PBN and the same type of places are stupid but there are people dumb enough to do all that for the gun they want.

-matt

Carbon Blue
02-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I seriously think pbn has the WORST bst forum ever. Theyve got kids posting up "ive got pants for sale 80$ used" . Well where the hell is the description?size?tears? holes? type? brand? pics?? :mad: and then if you PM them questions they dont respond for days mabey even weeks! :shooting:

Toll
02-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I pmed a guy about a barrel kit over a year ago, he just responded.

MANN
02-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I pmed a guy about a barrel kit over a year ago, he just responded.

what kind of barrel kit was it??

/seriously. Im looking for a few.

Evil1
02-22-2007, 12:48 AM
I got a barrel once that had half a shell in it and stained the shipping box from paint dripping out of it. It was as if the seller had a barrel break, unscrewed the barrel and sent it out.

SR_matt
02-22-2007, 03:33 PM
it was probably the first break he had so he probably thought the barrel was crap :rolleyes:
-matt

AlphaPaintballRef2
02-22-2007, 04:02 PM
The whole "PM me a price" thing pisses me off to no end. It's not like I didn't put a price RIGHT THERE in the description.
Certain lowballs or morons coming into my threads drive me up a wall too. Like the one kid who told me my Revenge V2 was a POS and that his stock, ebladed black magic was better. Seriously...grow up.
Kids these days :rolleyes:

Rabbit
02-22-2007, 04:08 PM
What I love are the idiots who PM you screaming because they have a gun 'just like that' and they want to sell it for more, so stop screwing THEM by selling yours for less than they want for theirs. :cuss:

coyote
02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Anyones posting "rules" period.

"no lowballs"...My first offer won't be my best offer.
"no third parties"... I have never met a serious trader that wouldn't waive this ASAP.
"I paid $1250 for this in 2005"...Yes, when it was a brand new russian Legion Timmy. 2 years later it is a well used RLT with half of the stock parts missing.
"over $300 in upgrades" maybe I don't consider a KAPP beavertail or or a Tickler lpr desiable on that 99 rf cocker
"I don't ship first"...Thats because no one will buy or trade with your no feedback havin' sorry self.

robnix
02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Anyones posting "rules" period.

"no lowballs"...My first offer won't be my best offer.
"no third parties"... I have never met a serious trader that wouldn't waive this ASAP.
"I paid $1250 for this in 2005"...Yes, when it was a brand new russian Legion Timmy. 2 years later it is a well used RLT with half of the stock parts missing.
"over $300 in upgrades" maybe I don't consider a KAPP beavertail or or a Tickler lpr desiable on that 99 rf cocker
"I don't ship first"...Thats because no one will buy or trade with your no feedback havin' sorry self.

If someones rules bother you, ignore the sale. The way I see it is why should I waste my time answering the same questions over and over? Can I send you a check? will you take an 02 blah blah in trade? I know you include shipping, but I really need it so can you overnight it? These are questions I've gotten so...

Rules are there to keep my PM box from filling up with questions that simply don't count. I had a rule one time when I had a sale of about 40 items that I would only respond to an email with "mag sale" in the subject, that PM's would be ignored. It worked very well. I was able to filter all the emails into folders and keep everything nice and organized. Everything got what they paid for, and got it quickly. For the most part, rules are a good thing, they're there to make things clear and simple on how the seller wants the transaction to work.

Pump Scout
02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
For me, BST rules are the product of having things go incredibly nasty during trades. One of my current rules is:

My gear works upon shipping, I expect the same. *If you misrepresent your gear as working, and it isn't, you will pay return shipping.* I'm done paying to ship people's junkers back to them when they tell me they work great.

Had a deal not too long ago where I got a pair of Intimidators as trade for one of my guns. The deal almost didn't happen right off the bat, because there were questions of feedback sharing. I wanted the guns, though, and one was to be a present for my son for Christmas. Guns came in awful condition. I mean, broken parts, broken electronics, old programming, leaks, stripped parts, and thoroughly messy. Not only did I get stuck cleaning this idiot's guns, but I also wound up paying return shipping, which is where this rule comes from.

I do have other rules, too, but that one's the most recent, and the one that stands out from some other, more "normal" ones. Things like "Don't ask me to IM you", "Money orders only, I don't do PayPal", and yes, "I will not ship first under most conditions".

coyote
02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
You all are missing my point...

I determine whether I am dealing with a motivated adult seller by the way a post is written. Most often a laundry list of rules most of them silly, unreasonable, or counterproductive, will keep me from responding to bst ads.

CKY_Alliance
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
ignorance is bliss.

End of rant.

what petty things to complain about...get over it.

If these are the rules the seller decides to sell/trade by and you don't like them then just move on...and don't trade with them.

why would you dwell on something so petty...

coreyander
02-26-2007, 12:24 PM
what petty things to complain about...get over it.

If these are the rules the seller decides to sell/trade by and you don't like them then just move on...and don't trade with them.

why would you dwell on something so petty...

http://dictionary.reference.com/ keyword = rant

please read thread......thank you....that is all.

LFD92
02-26-2007, 12:37 PM

That example pretty much sums it all up doesn't it?

Since I do a lot of selling/buying/trading here and on other forums (most notedly eBay), I figured I would weigh in on the concept of shipping and the corresponding prices.

The example I choose to use is when the seller gives you the option of upgrading to a faster shipping (ie UPS 3day, USPS Priority) than offered. If I choose this option, it's because I need the part that quick. It DOESN'T mean that when you get around to shipping it please ship it this way. If I didn't care when I received the part I wouldn't have upgraded the shipping cost.

Another is the use of delivery confirmation/tracking numbers. This should be a nobrainer. USE ONE. ALWAYS. It not only gives the buyer/seller a safe way to ensure that the item was shipped or received, it also is an integral part of making a claim with PayPal, USPS, UPS, your credit card company, etc. If you don't get one, request one. If they didn't get one, be careful. At most, delivery confirmation is $0.60. Why not get it?

CKY_Alliance
02-26-2007, 04:54 PM

I don't need to read the thread..see just like you can choose to ignore people with these rules and not read their threads, I can do the same with this one..nifty ehh?

I commented on what I wanted to comment on..now I'm done..k? Thanks, bye!

/I guess the InTerNeTz are serious business ehh?
// Did I do that ^^ right?

Tao
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I would probably rather buy a gun that owned a pro, not formerly owned by a pro :bounce:

mag_lover05
02-26-2007, 05:16 PM
if its been pro owned...ill give ya $0.99 for it. its been through hell and back.

if its pro owned...its not in pristine condition. no chance about it.

thats all i gotta say.

PsychoBaller
02-26-2007, 05:26 PM

Also... it's not a MEGA HUGE FANTASTICALLY ULTRA SALE... if all you're selling is a couple of small, crappy items.

A HUGE sale is like 20 items +, and they're all Markers, Tanks, or other large items.

Beemer
02-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't need to read the thread..see just like you can choose to ignore people with these rules and not read their threads, I can do the same with this one..nifty ehh?

No you dont have to read it but if you want to make a useful post and not a useless one you should. :tard:

Do you need the link to the sticky on a general how to post on AO thread?

Dubstar112
02-27-2007, 02:08 AM
I hate how someone says they're ranting, and then someone else comes in with "the answer" which consists of ignore something or someone. "I picked and pulled at the part of your rant that interested me so if you question that, I am currently unavailable."

I have had a couple parts come not quite as described by the seller. Scratches in anno and a lot of old paint caked every where. That is my only real complaint and the one thing that everyone usually overlooks probably due to laziness in general.

Everyone has gripes, but at a certain point what you want and where its located over looks the little things such as 500 obo no lowballs. So you shoot in an offer you think is reasonable only to be reamed for lowballing which is subjectly measured by a perfect seller.

My blood pressure is rising.

p8ntbal4me
02-27-2007, 02:25 AM
I like this one, by far my favorite to see on ANY forum:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ripper Mag FS - - NO TRADES
"Im only taking cash,.. NO TRADES!!!!
I dont care if you have an "uber-cannon, special zebra anno from XYZ cali-tech, Bud Orrs baby meets Tom Kayes dog edition gun",.... NO TRADES!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Post or PM the seller) to get this reply sent:

"Sorry I dont want your mini mag I have one,... Im only concidering Karta, Chord V2, Logic UMF cause they are a rare trade,.. thanx!!"

Its there sale and they can do what they want,... but ummm, lets be a little bit more educated on the posting of your add please!

Ughh,.... why is the JD always gone?? Later guys! :cheers:

coreyander
02-27-2007, 09:53 AM

L@U. Ok, if you want your post to be off subject....great....fine by me.

Probably offended because you abide by the rules of the rant. lol.

turbo chicken
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
eh ... i just don't deal with people that have "rules" im not in kindergarden!! ... but info like
"im not set up for paypal"
"i can only ship MWF"

is helpful and welcome ...

and for my B/S/T post ... i don't due rules ... i may ask to "please don't offer trades really need the cash" but anyone would consider a trade if it was in their favor ... what am i stupid??

Every deal is different ... i just prefer to make a deal through PM's it's very easy to tell if someone is serious or not ...

and for trades unless you have dealt with the person and built some trust ... use a 3rd party ... i know it cost a little more ... but it's the only way to assure that you don't get screwed ...

CKY_Alliance
02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
No you dont have to read it but if you want to make a useful post and not a useless one you should. :tard:

Do you need the link to the sticky on a general how to post on AO thread?

Hard to make a usefull post in a useless thread....

L@U. Ok, if you want your post to be off subject....great....fine by me.

Probably offended because you abide by the rules of the rant. lol.

Oh NoEs you caught me. :(

Beemer
02-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Hard to make a usefull post in a useless thread.... :(

You think its useless but werent smart enough to not make useless posts in a thread you think is useless, thats brilliant. I just reread the whole thread and noted all usefull posts till you. Its a good rant thread with some good opinions by some good posters. Have some respect, class and style and just dont post in the thread if you think it is useless. If you have issues pm me. Dont post here unless you can contribute to the thread.

ok back OT.

Isnt 3rd party a big thing or a red flag if the seller dont want to? How much does that cost.

paintballwannab
02-28-2007, 02:21 AM
I think PPS charges like $35 a gun, which includes shipping and them checking over the gun make sure everything is good.

I don't run in to this too much on here or MCB but if I'm looking at a thread and it says "I will not ship first" I don't care if its a '07 ego for $100 I'll just move onto the next thread

I feel whoever has the least amount of feedback should ship first. I've traded with alot of people multiple times and people with alot of feedback also and I like both of us shipping same day and just email tracking number to each other.

Most rules in general piss me off, but as someone said earlier, information such as can only ship these days and not set up for paypal is nice.

Some rules are ok, IE. please post before IM/PM

Its all in the tone that the rules are in, if you seem like a ignorant person/post I'm just going to move on.

Anyway awsome rant :headbang:

Soopa Villain17
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
i bought a "like new in box" 14 inch cp barrel for my promaster , it comes tody and theres some crap inside the barrel that wont come off. and ive been banned from pbn so im kinda angry. people like about there stuff to no end. for example , like new only test fired 5 balls through. bs i know damn well you cant shoot just 5 balls , its lik eating pringles " once you pop the fun dont stop " or something like that.

coreyander
02-28-2007, 03:34 PM
lol @ the pringles analogy. :D

I have also seen threads where in the rules someone says…

Rule # x : No 1337 SupErGAtz suxorz talk in my thread
Rule # x : No flaming or immature / rude talk in my thread.

Then, later in their own thread....they post...something like..

GTFO noob I don’t want your stupid Ion gat….it suxorz.

Ok, well, I kinda exaggerated on their response, but Ive seen someone posts a rule and not even adhere to THEIR OWN RULE. LoL

Pump Scout
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
...and ive been banned from pbn so im kinda angry.

Are you Ban On Sight? If not, you can make a fresh name.

wimag
03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
testing waters ...? i cant stand that.
put it up for sale or just keep it.

Desega
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I've always enjoyed the wtt threads that say want to trade for low-end e gun. No spyders, ions, or tippmanns. Why not just name the marker your after if your so picky?

p8ntbal4me
03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Im surprised someone didnt make a forum that was dedicated for the ONLY purpose to submit items you wish to buy, sell, or trade.

And have it done by people that KNOW paintball gear as well.

Kinda like an ebay,.. but organised so you can find what you are looking for if you need a specific part or gun.

Have it as a guided listing where you cant enter stupid, vauge titles or subject lines.

The listing can be devided into ones with or without pictures,....

It would be kinda nice to have something like this. Other than ebay.

turbo chicken
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
ok ... i haven't trolled the BST's on "the place we don't mention" in a while ... infact i had to get another id cause the site said that i didn't have one ... anyways ...

OMFG ... it is impossible to find any specific thing that you want there ...

With a title like "gearbag cleanout" how the heck am i supposed to know what you and the other 70 people having "cleanouts" have without spending hours ... yes friggin hours looking at each of them then have noone reply to my PM's

so ... make a clear title already ... "(insert manufacturer name here) parts, bolts, feed neck, asa, barrel" ...

robnix
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
ok ... i haven't trolled the BST's on "the place we don't mention" in a while ... infact i had to get another id cause the site said that i didn't have one ... anyways ...

OMFG ... it is impossible to find any specific thing that you want there ...

With a title like "gearbag cleanout" how the heck am i supposed to know what you and the other 70 people having "cleanouts" have without spending hours ... yes friggin hours looking at each of them then have noone reply to my PM's

so ... make a clear title already ... "(insert manufacturer name here) parts, bolts, feed neck, asa, barrel" ...

I don't even bother, I can't search without being an ASM.

usagi_tetsu
03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't even bother, I can't search without being an ASM.

I know, what's up with that? That's been the only reason I've gone onto PBN the last year or so is the HUMONGOUS B/S/T area, and unless you get on at 6am Monday morning, there are too many members on to search. *feh* I am NOT paying a fee just so I can search for something that may or may not be up for sale. My current tactic has been to post WTB ads and keep bumping 'em up to the top in the mid afternoon to catch the most traffic. I'm a semi-patient man, I can wait.

So, some of my rules and obversations about buying and selling online:

1 - selling - Unless we're trading something, you send me the money first. No, I don't care how much more feedback you've got, part of my stated price is there so that I can afford to ship it to you. Also, I am not a sitdown restaurant - you pay up front and in full, or you don't get it. No, I don't do payment plans.

2 - both - I have no problem with paying more if I use PayPal to buy something, as I utterly hate PP for telling us it is illegal for us, PP using merchants, to pass their fees onto our customers... because that's what they're doing to us! The credit card companies are slapping PP with a fee for a credit card transaction, and they're just passing it on to us! So, I'm very cool with having to pay extra to use PP to purchase something, 'cause I know what the other guy is going thru. How do you get around that, legally? Give a discount to people who wish to use money orders or personal checks.

3 - buying - If you say "like brand new!" and it's missing pieces, I (as the kids like to say these days) am calling "shens". Look, internet trading and selling of paintball equipment is done on a lot of sight unseen faith and trust. If you can't act like an adult and post everything that pertains to an item up for sale, I will act like a child as well and make your online sales uncomfortable if not downright impossible.

Other than that, what is the attraction to goggle straps that I've been seeing lately? No, I just need something to hold my mask on my face, and I'm not paying $30 for something that only looks slightly different from stock. Silly monkeys, go back to flinging poo at each other and leave paintball to the rest of us.

ProblemKinder
03-10-2007, 02:36 AM
I really like "I don't ship first - EVER. I don't care who you are or how much feedback you have. You came to me. Besides, my 6000 eBay feedback speaks for itself". :rofl:

haha. i wonder if they read that back to themselves after they typed it? probably not... :p

p8ntbal4me
03-10-2007, 01:02 PM
haha. i wonder if they read that back to themselves after they typed it? probably not... :p

I read mine back all the time,.. more than 3 times!

But I still have THE WORST grammer and spelling of all time!

Worst of all that, is Im still in school :tard:

coreyander
03-20-2007, 01:34 PM
heres the latest and greatest in rants...

Um....I want to buy your gun, and its wednesday, and I havent sent payment, but I want it by this weekend...... :rolleyes:

now how in the hell is someone gonna contact you about buying a piece of equipment (esp when you can only do a money order) and expect to get the part in 2 days?

Ive gotten that w/ like most of my equipment that I have posted for sale lately.

p8ntbal4me
03-20-2007, 01:45 PM
My brother bought an R/T off ebay 2 weeks ago.

He wrote the guy 7 times asking for a tracking number,... heres what the guy sent him for a reply:

"I dont have a tracking number for you. I dont have a tracking number for you because the gun has not shipped yet. I dont send the gun because you have not given me a shipping address to send it to yet."

My brothers reply:

"I paid with a Buy It Now option and you REQUIRED the use of paypal. The address was written on the paypal receipt under shipping address and the notes section as well. Since this is your 138th ebay item bought or sold, I am taking it as you should know better.

Congratulations! You now have negative feedback and your old R/T!"

Negative feed back on forums should be like a 1 week ban or something.

Blazestorm
03-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Actually, most pro markers are hand-built and tuned... it does make a difference...

Supply + Demand... same thing with the Xbox360's and PS3's

How is it not 1 of 1? Technically all guns are 1 of 1 because they all have different serial numbers :P

Maybe they don't want to trade, mainly looking to sell, so they'll only trade if it's heavily in their favor

Market value of guns goes down every-time someone sells it for way less than it's worth, I can find a lot of dm6's for 500-600

Meh...

coreyander
03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
if pro markers are hand built and tuned.......then how are the rest of them done? :p

Blazestorm
03-20-2007, 06:27 PM
My point being that say they're building an intimidator.

They'll take a handful of rams (5-10 maybe) and check which one fits best and moves the smoothest...

Other guns are just put together... they work, but may not work as good
I've owned pro-built guns, there is something about how it's put together...

Some companies are different but I know Bob Long and Dye spend a lot more time building guns for the pro teams than they do the normal guns.

coreyander
03-22-2007, 03:07 PM
My point being that say they're building an intimidator.

They'll take a handful of rams (5-10 maybe) and check which one fits best and moves the smoothest...

Other guns are just put together... they work, but may not work as good
I've owned pro-built guns, there is something about how it's put together...

Some companies are different but I know Bob Long and Dye spend a lot more time building guns for the pro teams than they do the normal guns.

wow...hmm...sounds like a HUGE improvement.

Blazestorm
03-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Have you shot one and compared it to a stock gun?

No.

Thanks.