PDA

View Full Version : I was sad

snoopay700
02-21-2007, 12:39 AM
To learn tonight that the crown point barrels are no more. THey had them a little over a year ago, and my friend got me an 8 inch one for my birthday. I was gonna go for an 11 inch one but now i don't have the chance. Oh well, i'm just wondering, were they not selling enough and that's why they were discontinued?

Tao
02-21-2007, 02:00 AM
To learn tonight that the crown point barrels are no more. THey had them a little over a year ago, and my friend got me an 8 inch one for my birthday. I was gonna go for an 11 inch one but now i don't have the chance. Oh well, i'm just wondering, were they not selling enough and that's why they were discontinued?

Well....I hate to put you down even more....but they aren't that great. I find the stock rt/emag twist lock barrels (the cone shaped ones with polished tip) are waayyy better.

Jimmykaboots
02-21-2007, 02:02 AM
A CANADIAN! HI FELLOW CANADIAN!

Ops, back on topic. What's so good about crown points though? Never used one just curious though. Aren't they stock barrels though?

sixtoes1313
02-21-2007, 06:49 AM
yea ive had em and they arent anything to rant about. If you want i have a Rt pro stock barrel(polished tip stated above) for sale for like $18 shipped to canada. let me know

snoopay700
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Well they ting, have one barrel id so they're accurate, and they look cool. I like them. Anyway, i have an rt barrel (my classic rt is what i use) but the 8 inch cp is a lot easier to play tighter with.

grEnAlEins
02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Well they ting
:dance: :bounce: QFT, That is the best part :headbang: :clap:

snoopay700
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
:dance: :bounce: QFT, That is the best part :headbang: :clap:
Yeah, it annoys the hell out of my friends. I'm just wondering, did you go to the big game in the spring with a z-grip? I think that was you(he told me his screenname but i'm pretty sure i forgot it). Anyway, if it was, thanks, because that was the first time i got to hold a z-grip.

minimag03
02-21-2007, 06:08 PM
I kept my 13 inch Crown Point barrel over my Boomstick. They are just too agg to say that aren't any good.

etjoyride
02-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I have one (i think 11in.) if your interested :)

SummaryJudgement
02-21-2007, 08:23 PM
:dance:
Be careful with them though. The tips were so thin that I had a friend see a guy get his hand speared by one in a bunker collision. The guy was screaming "CHECK IT! CHECK IT!" to the magger while his hand was squirting blood :rofl:

Tao
02-21-2007, 09:09 PM
A CANADIAN! HI FELLOW CANADIAN!

Ops, back on topic. What's so good about crown points though? Never used one just curious though. Aren't they stock barrels though?

Hey hows it going!

They are stock barrels, you could take your pick back inthe day when you bought a new gun. They are accurate within a ody width, but any precision shot forget it.

snoopay700
02-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey hows it going!

They are stock barrels, you could take your pick back inthe day when you bought a new gun. They are accurate within a ody width, but any precision shot forget it.
I'm actually very precise with my 8 inch. I've gotten people out with one hit on long shots with it, it's no less accurate than a normal barrel.

hmudd13
02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a couple for sale, brand new, let me know if you like one.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/hmudd13/red.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/hmudd13/gold.jpg

Tao
02-22-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm actually very precise with my 8 inch. I've gotten people out with one hit on long shots with it, it's no less accurate than a normal barrel.

hmmm trade ya :bounce:

snoopay700
02-23-2007, 01:19 AM
hmmm trade ya :bounce:
No way man, that thing is too nice, i can play so tight with it. The thing i hate is it's not at all efficient though, i mean it's got about 2-3 inches of barrel that's not being used (the breech and then the actual point) so my psi drops after around 3 games, depending on how i shoot.

Hmudd, i would if my gun wasn't black, but if it was silver or red or something i definitely would.

CKY_Alliance
02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
The Ping those make annoys the *poop* out of me.... I belive it's those or the other AGD barrel..

rx2
02-23-2007, 10:28 PM
A lot of guys used to put an o-ring over the tip of those to help muffle the pinging sound.

snoopay700
02-23-2007, 11:51 PM
A lot of guys used to put an o-ring over the tip of those to help muffle the pinging sound.
It kills it completely actually. I normally keep the pining because it annoys people, especially in speedball.

hmudd13
02-24-2007, 12:23 AM
I love the ping, now if I can only get a crown point on my 68 special it'll double ping! :D

CKY_Alliance
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Ping is not cool inside of a small paintball shop on a dm5 that is ramping = MASSIVE HEADACHE

Automagsam
02-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Ping is not cool inside of a small paintball shop on a dm5 that is ramping = MASSIVE HEADACHE
cause dm5's can totally use CP barrels...

CKY_Alliance
02-24-2007, 10:34 AM
cause dm5's can totally use CP barrels...

Well see...if you get them in cocker threads then they can..wether or not you can buy them like that or if you have to get it re-threaded...idk all i know is its been done.

snoopay700
02-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Well see...if you get them in cocker threads then they can..wether or not you can buy them like that or if you have to get it re-threaded...idk all i know is its been done.
I saw about getting mine rethreaded, but doc never responded. Was it the same barrel that you see up higher on the page? I know i've heard people refer to another one that was actually very different as a crown point.

CKY_Alliance
02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
I saw about getting mine rethreaded, but doc never responded. Was it the same barrel that you see up higher on the page? I know i've heard people refer to another one that was actually very different as a crown point.

Ye there are two different crown points...well i think they call the other a crown point..and honestly I don't remeber which it was... I belive it's the style above.. all i know is it fit on the dm5 and it was annoying...The other crown point is black and has a silver "crown" on the end (atleast all of them that i have seen)...like a muzzel break...I think they call those crown points..

snoopay700
02-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Ye there are two different crown points...well i think they call the other a crown point..and honestly I don't remeber which it was... I belive it's the style above.. all i know is it fit on the dm5 and it was annoying...The other crown point is black and has a silver "crown" on the end (atleast all of them that i have seen)...like a muzzel break...I think they call those crown points..
Well there are ones that are the invert of that on the end that are cocker threaded that i've head people call crownpoints, yet they are more just for show, but it doesn't matter. If it pings i bet it would be really annoying, if i ever start wasting paint i'll probably swith to my rt barrel (which has the same muzzle break as i was talking about that is just for show).