PDA

View Full Version : Curious about the Tac one

RDSBandit
02-21-2007, 01:09 AM
I have not played paintball for a couple of years now and now im starting to get back into it, I have been looking alot at the Tac One. There is just one thing that really worries me about it, and that is the barrel threading, it says something about taking an auto cocker barrel thread now. Did I read that right? Because I really dont want to have to buy new barrels for a new marker, thats alot of money to be droping. Would I have to buy new barrels? Or get some sort of adapter? Or did I perhaps just read that wrong? Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thanks.

Robert

Thanna
02-21-2007, 01:23 AM
I have not played paintball for a couple of years now and now im starting to get back into it, I have been looking alot at the Tac One. There is just one thing that really worries me about it, and that is the barrel threading, it says something about taking an auto cocker barrel thread now. Did I read that right? Because I really dont want to have to buy new barrels for a new marker, thats alot of money to be droping. Would I have to buy new barrels? Or get some sort of adapter? Or did I perhaps just read that wrong? Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thanks.

Robert

Yes, the tac-one body is Autococker Threaded for the barrel. You could get Doc Nickel's barrel adaptor, but they're a bit hard to aquire. You're better off trying to find a new barrel used or a discounted barrel if you want the tac-one body or the ULE body.

Thanna
02-21-2007, 01:49 AM
RogueFactor does good work. So does Tunaman. :D

MANN
02-21-2007, 08:31 AM
You could get Doc Nickel's barrel adaptor, but they're a bit hard to aquire

Docs adaptors go from twistlock to autococker threads not the other way around. :cheers:

rawbutter
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Because I really dont want to have to buy new barrels for a new marker, thats alot of money to be droping. Would I have to buy new barrels? Or get some sort of adapter? Or did I perhaps just read that wrong? Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thanks.

Robert

If you buy the Tac-One from ADG, it comes with a barrel (a J&J, I think.... someone please correct me if I'm wrong). If you buy a MiniTac from RougeFactor, then that comes with a barrel too.

If that doesn't appeal to you, you can always find cheap used barrels. I have a Boomstick that I got off eBay for $30... with shipping. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It shoots great. I've even watched complete Freak systems sell for $50 (although Autococker threaded kits tend to be more because of demand).

Dark Side
02-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Yep. Pick one up from Rogue. You will NOT be wrong on the purchase. His work is rock solid.

RDSBandit
02-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Ok, roguefactor and Tunaman, what is so great about what they do to the markers? And what type of price are wee talking about? And what are the links to there webpages?

Sumthinwicked
02-21-2007, 06:06 PM
rogue is http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207753

tunas is www.tunamart.com :clap:

Sammy Sandbag
02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
If you want a real nice Tac-One, check out the MiniTac...

I concur...

http://strikewarn.com/uploads/paintball/MiniTac_logo_red_black.jpg

I love mine. :clap: