PDA

View Full Version : anybody in recovery?

MagMan5446
02-21-2007, 08:47 AM
just wondering... maybe a topic of discussion?

thecavemankevin
02-21-2007, 08:55 AM
if you're talking about alcohol then you should look up the thread on here from a few days ago entitiled "can the police do that"

edit...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210723

that guy should be in recovery

if what you're talking about has nothing to do with alcohol then sorry about this

teufelhunden
02-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Quit smoking 22 days ago, so kindasorta.

StygShore
02-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Recovering from back surgery, does that count?

Styg

skife
02-21-2007, 10:10 AM
i quit eating fast food for lent. even thoug i'm not catholic.
so i guess, i eat ALOT of fastfood.

gimp
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm still recovering from a surgery I had over 2 years ago, does that count?

bentothejam1n
02-21-2007, 05:59 PM
congrats keep it up

bornl33t
02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
congrats keep it up

x2

While I believe that smoking is disgusting, I'm the first to give a thumbs up to anyone that can kick it. I've never smoked in my life but it obviously takes ALOT of self control to stop. That is worthy of respect. :clap:

warpig13
02-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Im right behind you.

One of the many gifts I gave my girlfriend for V-day was to quit smoking.
Im a week in.

teufelhunden
02-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Im right behind you.

One of the many gifts I gave my girlfriend for V-day was to quit smoking.
Im a week in.

I found the hardest thing to break wasn't the physical nicotine addiction, but the routine of smoking. It also helped to have a motivation to quit, and I think not hyping it up by saying like "OK April 1 I'm quitting"... 1/31 I ran the numbers as to how much smoking a pack a day at ~$7 was costing me, smoked out the pack, and just stopped. Physically, it was kinda... crappy for days 2-4, but past that it was, and still is, breaking the habit of smoking in the car and smoking on breaks and between classes and such. And especially drinking. I was a dumbass and went to the bars that Friday night [I quit tuesday night]...... yeah. Bad call.

Anyway, gl dude

Dubstar112
02-21-2007, 11:46 PM
I am finally recovered! No longer in recovery!

I broke a few ribs and punctured a lung in a quad accident.

warpig13
02-22-2007, 12:32 AM
I found the hardest thing to break wasn't the physical nicotine addiction, but the routine of smoking. It also helped to have a motivation to quit, and I think not hyping it up by saying like "OK April 1 I'm quitting"... 1/31 I ran the numbers as to how much smoking a pack a day at ~$7 was costing me, smoked out the pack, and just stopped. Physically, it was kinda... crappy for days 2-4, but past that it was, and still is, breaking the habit of smoking in the car and smoking on breaks and between classes and such. And especially drinking. I was a dumbass and went to the bars that Friday night [I quit tuesday night]...... yeah. Bad call.

Anyway, gl dude

Yeah same here.

It's just what I did in my free time. So its still wierd but I've been able to turn down offers for a quick smoke and refuse to stand around people smoking for the time being.

Good luck to you as well.

thecavemankevin
02-22-2007, 09:49 AM
I am finally recovered! No longer in recovery!

I broke a few ribs and punctured a lung in a quad accident.

damn! your recovered already? feels like just a month or so ago that you posted about that

that reminds me, i wonder how zack is doing. anyone hear from him?

trevorjk
02-23-2007, 03:53 AM
damn! your recovered already? feels like just a month or so ago that you posted about that

that reminds me, i wonder how zack is doing. anyone hear from him?

WOW?

Phillips
02-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Recovering..............well I suppose you can call that although the doctor still isn't 100% sure what is wrong with my forearm.
I get an X-ray on Tuesday, my arm may have been broken and they somehow didn't notice :(
I hate injuries, I havn't been to the gym since Christmas :mad:, what make it much worse is I am but a few months away from applying to join the police force, so an injury isn't an option.

Dubstar112
02-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I got outta the hospital right in the beginning of december. Ive been back working construction a couple days a week so far. Im still very sore, I lost all my muscle mass from laying around, but I have another couple months to get in shape.

My new quad has a roof. 2004 STi. Im safer in there. I hope.

oneworld
02-25-2007, 11:57 PM
broke my shoulder during a snowboarding comp. last week.. 7 more weeks and ill be good to go! :) till then its a stupid sling and duct tape at night :( (keeps it in place.. sad, but true)

edit: i made it into the finals of the comp, and if i would have made a run and hit atleast one jump/jib.. i would have atleast won a burton jacket or some ride bindings. but it just hurt to bad.

Lenny
02-26-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm a recovering non-alcoholic. :cool: