PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 help please!!!!!!!!

damamclemore
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Okay I finally got all the pieces for my lvl 10 setup in the mail today adn I started putting everything together. I am using 2 shims and the smallest carrier supplied in a minimag valve. So here's the problem, I think I tuned it correctly to for the bolt to reseat itself after firing, the bolt won't chop a ball (I used my finger down the tube trick) btu I am leaking air out of my barrel like I am a stuck turkey about to be served up on Thanksgiving. I went thru evry carrier and switched from one, two, and no shims adn nothing works. I still lea kair like crazy. Any adn all advise would be appreciated here on fixing this problem. Oh and by the way when I first got this gun it leaked down the barrel as well but that's when I bought the lvl 10 thinking it would clear that up, but now it leaks like 10x worse now. I have had my minimag for a month and a half and have yet to fire it on a field. I am getting frustrated with it. But I stick with it because it is supposed to be one of the best old school mech's around adn that's what I want. So please, please, please help me out to get my gun working correctly.

MANN
02-21-2007, 04:40 PM
when you pull the trigger to fire it hold the trigger in. Does it leak then??

damamclemore
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
yes it still leaks then also. when i fire, hold the trigger in, heck when I first put my tank on to air up my gun, it leaks the whole time.

MANN
02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
It sounds like there is a problem with your on/off orings. What valve/ on/off are you using?

Edit: I see that you are using a minimag valve. Take your on/off apart, and check the orings. Make sure that your on/off pin is in correctly (ie not upside down)

damamclemore
02-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I checked and re-checked the on/off assembly and evrything is there and in proper order and installed properly. I just got off the phone with AGD and they said I was missing 2 of the smallest carriers and that may be the problem or the fact that I am using a field rental mag and I have to dril something to get the lvl 10 to fit properly. It looks as if everything is fitting together properly but still have the leak. Everything is oiled, so now I am thinking about sending my gun in to get fixed by someone who knows what they are doing after I exhaust evry possibility with you guys in this forum. Thanks so far for your help MANN

snoopay700
02-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok, how many level 10 orings do you have? Believe it or not, even those are different sizez, even if they're new. Try a different oring, but if you hyold the trigger and it leaks down the barrel you may want to go to actionvillage.com and get a classic mag parts kit and put new orings in your on/off, because that sounds like your problem.

damamclemore
02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
When yoy say lvl 10 o-rings what exactly are you talking about? I have 3 carrier o-rings, the white ones, and o-rings on all of my carriers, I have 9 of those. Yeah I was reading about haveing to replace my on/off o-rings and assembly. So I guess that will be the next step. But please keep the help coming I am trying everything as the help comes in.

MANN
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Did the gun work with the level 7?

Tunaman
02-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Fit the carrier with the oring in it onto the bolt stem. It should be snug, not tight. Take out all the shims. If it is loose on the bolt stem, use the same oring and go to a smaller carrier until it is snug. Let me know

snoopay700
02-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Fit the carrier with the oring in it onto the bolt stem. It should be snug, not tight. Take out all the shims. If it is loose on the bolt stem, use the same oring and go to a smaller carrier until it is snug. Let me know
Yeah, but the white oring that you're using may be too big, try using one of the other ones. That was my problem.

damamclemore
02-21-2007, 09:12 PM
The gun had a small leak with the lvl 7 bolt before, but I talked to someone at tunamart and I am going to just send my mag in there to get fixed professionally by their awesome staff. My hats off to robert scott at tunamart for getting in contact with me so fast.

MANN
02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
The gun had a small leak with the lvl 7 bolt before, but I talked to someone at tunamart and I am going to just send my mag in there to get fixed professionally by their awesome staff. My hats off to robert scott at tunamart for getting in contact with me so fast.

Thats probally not a bad idea. He is one of the.... I take that back he is THE best. Good luck with your gun. :cheers:

damamclemore
02-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks, I will definately need all the luck I can get.

Thotograph
02-22-2007, 01:15 AM
really bummed to read off all your troubles... as you already know mags are the best when it comes to simplicity and reliability. tuna should get everything working just right...

this reminds me of a gun i bought on ebay a while back and then had to turn it back around broken "as is" etc. it wasn't my first mag so i was already very familiar with the design. i bought a parts kit and powertube spacer set.

i tried every possible powertube spacer and oring combo and nothing worked. the gun would go ape when i'd shoot it... i called agd and they were completely stumped... it only kind of worked without any tube spacer. and even then the velocity was EVERYWHERE and the gun would build pressure and shoot hot and then drop off hardcore.

after examining the gun completely i found that the field strip screw had been used/abused so much so it wallowed out the hole and thus was way out of adjustment... the entire valve would literally shift backwards upon pressurization. you mentioned your mag was once a rental... perhaps something with the body/rail has gone out of tollerance. just a thought, your symptoms sounded similiar to what i had experianced.

i wish i had held onto it because i lost alot of money and i could've just used the parts the assemble a different rig. bottomline is mags work and when they don't it's not too hard to find out why. they're to simple to have haunting gremlins. they're modular works of genius, you can change them around so easily.

no batteries, no problem. goodluck!
-trevor

athomas
02-22-2007, 06:44 AM
The field rental valves do need to be drilled out. If the level 10 actually fits properly, then your leak may be caused by a sear that is worn. This would allow the bolt to sit too far forward so that the vent hole is always exposed.

The level 10 bolts may hiss a bit when you hold in the trigger. Its perfectly normal because the lower pressure left in the chamber after a shot will not seal the carrier oring properly.

damamclemore
02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys for all of your help and support. This being my first mag and all I am kind of bummed about the problems I have had with it so far, but I have wanted a mag for so long that I just muddle through the hardship and pay to get it fixed. Hopefully this will be my last gun I buy, i.e. i mean brand. But I know mags have a long tradition of being a workhorse so I stick with the brand. Thanks for all of the help I did receive from this forum.